New to CCW- how much printing is obvious?

Could I ask for some feedback? I've recently started carrying my Ruger LCR-22 in a Sticky Holsters pocket holster. Even picked up some of the firehose pants from Duluth Trading Co the other day, so I happen to have deeper pockets and an easier waistband for clipping stuff onto.

I was wondering how much of a bulge is considered "printing". I'm biased because I know exactly where my firearm is when I'm carrying, and am well-aware of the very important need to not touch your firearm or look at it when carrying, to not act differently than usual, etc. But I'm a bit worried that the hogue grip on this revolver might be giving something away when I'm standing up and/or walking.

I'm not really worried about when I sit down, because where I'd do so, people would have a very hard time seeing below my waist anyways. Also, I'm aware that most people aren't looking for a gun (Pittsburgh area, lots of people carry) when you're out running errands. Finally, I do have IWB holsters, but they're kind of uncomfortable since I have a bit of a gut, and the one reliable kydex holster I have sticks out like a sore thumb due to the stupidly-large belt clip.

Attached: standing right forward.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k5rnQ3ENOwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, pic-related, it shows a bit more when I bend my knee to walk. It is a bit blurry but I think it's a bit more obvious in daylight.

Any advice/tips from more experienced people (aka almost anyone who carries here)?

Attached: bending knee gait 1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

Post cock

pls no

I don’t think anyone is going to be looking st your pocket hard enough to tell that you have holstered firearm in there. If it was unholstered and you could see a very definite outline of a trigger guard etc then yeah. Basically I think you’re good.

I see. I was thinking the same thing- people tend not to look too hard at your waist unless they're specifically looking for a weapon. Thanks for the input!

You're fine. You look like a nerd with pants stuffed with candy bars

Thank you for the input. If I had a candy bar in my pocket, I would give you one.

>carrying a .22
user pls
>caring about printing
if you have your license, what does it matter?
if someone asks (they wont) tell them its your dick. or tell them its a gun, it doesnt matter-you are legally allowed to carry it

Attached: zaphod-beeblebrox.jpg (298x357, 32K)

>Carrying a .22
I know... I have a .357 LCR as well, but even shooting .38 out of it was a bit much for me to handle, being new to handguns at the time. I'm very comfortable shooting centerfire long guns, yet that doesn't translate to handling recoil in handguns. I figured it'd be better if I carried the largest caliber that I can actually handle while getting more comfortable with handguns this way (I *have* practiced with the .22 though). I'll move up to carrying .38 after I put another thousand or two rounds of .22 down range, figure that once I'm that confident I can isolate my issues to flinching rather than trigger pull or stability since they're both LCR's.

>Doesn't matter, you're legally-allowed to carry it
Fortunately this is the case, and I had to keep reminding myself of that when I started a few days ago. I'd rather avoid any complications, when possible, so concealed should mean concealed.

I'll post my trouser load for you guys to r8. Please tell me if the 357 snub is too ez to see it's circked for your convenience (the shorts are a little tight and constrict my penis so if the gun hides here I'm golden)

Attached: 20190518_125903.png (1536x2048, 2.9M)

I wouldn't be able to tell that you're carrying. That is a tiny damn .357 there. What make/model?

Taurus 605, many scoff at Taurus but I'm pleased with it it's handle 150 rounds of remington golden sabers and 500 .38's without a hiccup and it's got a lifetime warranty so I'm pleased, since it's so cheap and convenient to carry it goes everywhere with me even running and the beach.

youtube.com/watch?v=k5rnQ3ENOwU

I pocket carry in sweatpants and a lot of the time it's obvious to anyone who looks, since I can see the gun outline through my pants in window reflections etc. I don't give a fuck and no one has ever noticed or of they have, they haven't given a fuck.

I *might* put keys in the same pocket when I'm standing around waiting for my daughter to finish school, and that alone is enough to distort the print, but that's something I almost never do.

For the love of god man, the LCR-38 was my first handgun and it took me like two practice sessions to feel comfortable controlling the recoil. Why would you trust your life to a 22 when you have the same platform and 38 +p hollowpoints are a thing? Do you WANT to get robbed and skullfucked by Jamal and his crew?

Youre a colossal pussy but thats a good plan. Youre going to save shit loads of money practicing with .22

Some Taurus guns are quite good. Others are misses. It really depends on the manufacturing of the particular mode. I can say that their customer service is quite good.

Yeah, USCCA's stuff has been pretty helpful about these points (not making a scene, common sense, etc). I grew up in New Jersey and started my shooting hobby there, so people in PA are much easier to deal with about these things. Just bringing up that you own guns at all in New Jersey would solicit the mid-bad level situations in this video.

This is now a foot rating thread rate my foot

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 825K)

Not wide enough/10 would mount as trophy in bathroom instead of den or living room.

I put in three practice sessions, and my flinching got worse each time. I'm very comfortable shooting .30-caliber rifles and 12-gauge shotguns, but I need to work out my flinching reflex with handguns. I had a worse-than-average reflex when it came to starting rifles and shotguns, so I'm just doing what works for me.

A .22 isn't the best, obviously, but it's much better than pepper spray or a taser.

Yeah, I wish I could get over the recoil just by telling myself that, but it just takes lots of practice to kink these things out for me. Fortunately the LCR-22 also has a trigger that's 3lbs heavier than the .357, so it's good practice for double-action revolver pull.

Dryfire more, and practice with 1 empty chamber at the range. You should be shooting both at the range so you can get accustomed to it.

>flinching on the recoil of a .38
user confirmed transgender man

Attached: 1553036482325.jpg (320x401, 44K)

I tried the empty chamber drill, actually modified it by adding empty brass and spinning the cylinder. That drill serves to make the flinching apparent, but it doesn't help if the person isn't comfortable enough with the platform in the first place.

I dry-fired the .357 a few hundred times and still would start flinching after a few rounds. I shoot .22, and start beginners to rifles on .22, because it gets them accustomed to live-fire range time while focusing on issues besides reflexes they may or may not be more susceptible to.

All good advice for most people but it's just diagnostic for me.

I can see your point user, I guess the only thing for it is to shoot shoot shoot and shoot some more with what you're comfortable with until you're ready to move up and you've already got that going.

I'm pretty confident that after a few more .22 range trips I'll be able to isolate the flinching itself and focus on that. But without strong handgun fundamentals, trying to isolate that issue with anti-flinch drills while I still had issues with trigger pull and stability that were being *compounded* by the flinching was unproductive and expensive.

Yeah, hahah. It was kind of awkward explaining to people when shopping for holsters that I'm carrying a .22 for now, but it's just my situation. I'm aware that caliber can make a really big difference, especially in handguns, so I'll just have to keep shooting. Thanks for your advice, though, it's solid.

Eh if anyone ever gives you shit just offer them 50$ to catch a .22

For $250 I'll take one to the leg, I have great insurance

>the last thing you think as a stinger shreds your femoral

>Wears pants with thigh pockets
>is concerned about printing

I hate to break it to you but anyone who is going to notice printing, noticed you were probably carrying when they saw the shoot-me-first pants.

Just a thought... the noise makes you flinch more than the actual thud of the gun smacking your hand. Double up on ear protection and try again.

t. Flinched when I shot my AR without double ear protection until I got used to the noise.

Really good sdvice here especially in an indoor range, wearing tinted eye pro could help too as a way to subdue your surroundings.

Worth it

1) Get a kydex AIWB holster. Appendix is probably the best carry with least printing. Just say it's your cock if someone asks what the bulge is.

2) None of this fabric shit. You need to protect the trigger completely, be able to access/holster the gun reliably every time, and it has to retain the gun securely. Comfort/meme holsters are good until you ND into your femoral artery.

3) .22LR? C'mon man. At least up to a .380.

Bleeding out is worth it?

Get .327 faggot.

This actually *did* help when I started shooting my .22. Purchased new hearing protection, expensive but worth it. Turns out my Howard Leight Impact "Pro's" were leaking some noise in and causing minor hearing damage. Haven't had the issue since. Very good advice and I'll remember to mention this to new shooters for long guns as well.

>Appendix Carry
I have a bit of a gut, so drawing is tough unless I suck my belly in just right. I can carry it comfortably AIWB, but the draw is uncomfortable for me. When I lose my gut maybe.

>None of this fabric shit... unreliable access/draw, unsecure hold
Very strong generalizations despite the fact that pocket holsters exist to mitigate these concerns. In the wrong pocket a pocket holster will do a shit job, but in the right pocket it can be very reliable. This holster is gods-awful in my jackets, but in these pants it stays in place and allows for a very good draw.

What you are saying here is equivalent to me saying "Kydex holsters are shit compared to fabric because their well-defined shapes cause them to print the firearm significantly more". Also, I could say "IWB holsters are shit because shirts can snag the gun during a hasty draw unless you practice separately with every shirt length available in your wardrobe". These are statements limited to one's own experience and not the actual use cases of the holsters themselves. Different carry styles have trade-offs for different situations, and adjusting how you carry for a situation is just as important as practicing your draw and adjusting your wardrobe for the holster. What is this shitposting I am bothering to respond to?
>.22LR?

Yeah, I know. See the above discussion. Obviously telling someone to "man up" is better than having them place rounds down range and becoming better with the same platform and handgun fundamentals on a smaller and much cheaper caliber.

And yeah, I do plan to move up to my .38 when I'm comfortable with this platform in the larger caliber. I am aware that a .38 will do a much better job than a .380, to say less of a .22. The carry statement I use is, "Carry the largest caliber that *you are comfortable with*", so I will move up to a larger caliber when I am confident I can perform in a high-stress situation with it.

What is this idiot shit with some people insisting that a loud miss with a .38 is better than a small hit with a .22?

.327 Fed makes me a bit giddy for some reason.

A kydex pocket holster and dark pants will greatly break up the outline of the gun.

Is not getting the joke worth it?

Honestly you're just going to get shit on for being a wristlet the longer this thread continues. As you rightly deserve to be.

yer printing

note - ruger lcr22 is considered a medium sized pistol, ie. not appropriate for pocket carry unless yer a huge mountain blob person

get a IWB appendix carry for that sized pistol

>, "Carry the largest caliber that *you are comfortable with*"

you've got it right pal

you are the person carrying the weapon, you will be charged for homicide after self defense incident and will have to justify everything you did

I wasn't aware that there were kydex pocket holsters. Thanks! The Alabama is looking pretty good. Most of the issues I'm having with the outline are due to the conspicuous grip of the LCR, but a better holster would certainly help.

I'm aware. Already got more or less what I came for, so I'll just let this die.

Yeah, I thought that it was a bit weird that I was having trouble concealing this. I'm looking at threads now that you mention it, elsewhere, and people are saying that they've had a hard time concealing it in front pockets especially.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I'll have to reconsider now that you've actually said as much.

keep looking there is a huge amount of free info on internet, much of it is spot on & accurate

concealednation.com
usconcealedcarry.com

Thanks lve been slapping it against a wall to try and widen it out

I would guess you're carrying a gun, but that's just me. I assume anyone wearing tactical pants/boots, firearms-related shirts/hats, operator beards/tattoos/watches/paracord, or unseasonable jackets/ghetto baggy clothes is also carrying a gun. I don't care who's carrying, but I always take a mental note when I spot any of that or a bulge. I'll either leave or watch one of these people more closely if he starts acting suspicious. Printing is only a problem if it makes your gun as obvious as open carrying (in which case you should save yourself the trouble and just OC). People who would harass you about "printing" a slight gun bulge honestly aren't worth your concern. A slight tug of your shirt, how you position your hands, the way you look around a room, or even your gait might give away a concealed weapon to someone actually looking for one. Here's the good news: 1) normal people don't notice any of the give-aways that I've mentioned, 2) the people who do notice generally don't care if you behave yourself, 3) the people who do care shouldn't even concern you because you're carrying legally, and 4) bad guys aren't ninjas; they don't take out concealed carriers beforehand. Moral of the story: new CC fags are the only ones who really care about "printing"; don't worry about it.

it looks like you have a knee brace wrapped around your fucking knee

Nothing wrong with carrying the .22 you're comfortable with. Know your limitations, but in 90+% of cases you need the gun that .22 is going to be sufficient. Hell, for every hypothetical the .357 is better in there's one where the added capacity of the .22 is what you needed. I've carried any number of random guns over the last 20 years from a top break .32 and a .22 High Standard I got from my grandfather to a .44 Magnum Model 69 and a Glock 20. Right now I'm packing a Glock 30. Carry what you have available and you're comfortable with. I'd rather have a bigger gun in a gunfight, but you won't be in a gunfight most days, and your misses aren't likely to drop the SOB you're shooting at.

Thanks you two!

Don't worry about printing too much you fucking rookie.

And don't listen to the fuckers criticizing you for carrying a .22 unless they are going to buy/give you a "better" gun. Use what you have and are comfortable with.

Attached: Frankie Muniz.jpg (270x187, 10K)

My daddy taught me not to be ashamed of my gun.

Especially since it's such a good brand

That's not what I said at all lol

I'm saying don't trust a holster if you can pull the trigger from outside, like through the fabric or if you can slip your finger in there. If you do fabric, I'd at least recommend getting that minimalist trigger protector that just snaps over the guard (pic related). You'll have all the basics covered at that point.

Attached: il_570xN.830841833_jgd3.jpg (570x570, 41K)

What brand of pants are those friend?

Attached: desire to know more.gif (627x502, 940K)

Test it. Sometimes I don't carry at all. I get treated far worse if people assume I'm carrying and typically I'm not even carrying anything dangerous at all. It's more of a socio-economic issue if anyone assumes you can have it. Or get it. If I carry nothing at all, people assume I have a nuke cruise missile shoved in my pocket. If I carry a knife they assume I have a gun. If I have a gun they assume it's one of the dozen things stuffed into any of my pockets. I think most people should have an open carry just so that people that complain about it are obviously having an issue with guns at all rather than any serious issues that might arise with guns. Kind of alerts people to who is crying wolf, and a serious issue that requires actual assistance despite their face book frenemies retweeting it as a mob.

Duluth trading company. Firehose flex pants. They were on sale last weekend. They're really nice, would recommend looking into it more.

If you order pants order two inches down on waist and length from what you normally wear. They run very big.

Most pocket holsters I've come across at least cover the trigger. The holster I'm using in the OP pic covers the entire trigger guard, though. It'd be virtually impossible for someone to pull the trigger if it was even loosely secured in the holster.

I kinda see what you mean. Given the feedback in this thread, there are a lot of different factors that determine what/how to CC, and I'm basically fine for my purposes for the time being. What you've brought up is another thing altogether.

If someone sees you every single day with that thing in your pocket they're going to want to know what it is, but it'll take a mildly paranoid grabber to demand to know.

And you tell them "fuck off nosey cunt"

>Medical device or

Colostomy bag.

>he doesn't EDC a tourniquet

yikes

Based Duluth flex pants. My go-to tacticool pants.

Point is, OP's setup definitely isn't something he should wear to work. Cause your boss can totally demand to see it.

Just when I'm out and about. Not work.

There's almost nothing there. The junk most people keep on a keychain is more noticeable in a pocket. Also, if your boss is demanding that you turn out your pockets like a naughty schoolboy, it's time to tell him to go fuck himself and seek new employment.
All I'm gonna say is that you'd be surprised at who actually carries at work. It's a lot more people than you think.