Police trade-in full-size M&P .45 w/ 3 mags for $260

Police trade-in full-size M&P .45 w/ 3 mags for $260

I’m not fucking shilling or advertising. Should I get this?

kingsfirearmsonline.com/products/handguns-smith-wesson-528-11dff311-1ce4-483e-a034-535562f2a5f2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Attached: 4AC3D50B-454D-481A-8D11-5044DC7A900B.jpg (1024x768, 322K)

if you want. theyre fine guns. trigger isnt good and overall its a bit bland but itll function fine. get it if you want it, dont get it just bc its a deal.

I’m familiar with the product line. I guess I’ll post what I own to give some background since I’m not buying out of need.

>.380 Bodyguard 1st Gen w/ Laser & Custom Trigger
>Compact 2.0 9mm
>Shield Performance Center 9mm

I’m getting the itchy drunk purchase finger. I guess I don’t *need* it, with my 1911 and all.

dont do it. cheap guns have a "near future present to myself" fun factor but after a while youll regret having a cheapo gun you never shoot anymore.

Honestly no. The price is alright but for a bit more you can get a new in box 2.0 instead. I think the 2.0 improvements are worth the price increase. The trigger alone is worth it. The 1.0 trigger fucking sucks.

This.

Get a 9mm, .45 ACP isn't worth the cost.

It's not a cheap gun though. Its an inexpensive one

M&P trigger is pretty average in general. Some PDs request retarded features like an extra heavy pull, magazine disconnect safety or (I think I remember reading about...) an optional long trigger reset without a tactile bump. If any of that matters to you, check with the retailer before ordering.

For a decent used gun with three magazines, it's a good price. If you want to buy and shoot .45 AARP, then you could do a lot worse.

>cheap guns have a "near future present to myself" fun factor but after a while youll regret having a cheapo gun you never shoot anymore.
The M&P is inexpensive, but it isn't really a "cheap" gun like a Taurus or Hi-Point would be. They are built to function reliably and to be durable for many tens of thousands of rounds.

For the record, I would not buy one personally because I don't like to shoot expensive baby boomer calibers, I don't like the M&P trigger, and I like to put my own wear on my handguns if I can help it.

>dont get it just because its a deal
user, do you know how many times that advice had screwed me? years ago I almost bought a saiga 12 for $250, now they are over $700 for a good running one....

Yes you're right
But to be completely fair you should just spend the little bit extra to get a new 2.0

I love 45 but thats the reason I sold mine. I can shoot way more now.

It really depends on what you're buying. For example, I have been snagging Palmetto's barreled uppers with FN CHF barrels because I know that they are at record low prices and record high availability. But the AR-15 is a well made rifle, with widely available ammo and a lot of people using and making them domestically. Even if there were a sale on Mosin Nagants for $89 a gun tomorrow, I wouldn't buy any because the rifles are actually kind of shitty, the ammo is not common, and the entire Mosin market is dependent on imports from the second world which can be ended with the stroke of a pen, if a Democrat President so chooses.

With the M&P45, it's a really big handgun, so not that useful for concealed-carry. It chambers a big, expensive cartridge that makes the guns relatively low capacity. The gun itself works about like a house brand cordless drill from Lowes. It does what it needs to reliably, but it doesn't have any special features or comforts for the user.

Since this tread is already here..

Anyone know of common causes for the Gen 1 Shield's slides failing to lock once the mag is empty?

I left mine at the gf's house so can't post any pics at the moment. I clean it after every use and couldn't see any visible mechanical failures when I last took it apart. This only seemed to happen about 1/3 of the time last I was at the range. Never had the issue until this week.

woah since when has PSA been using FN barrels? I want one if they are....

Does it happen with all your magazines?

well but is the amazing trigger of the 2.0 really worth $200 extra dollars? I love my shield 2.0 but the new texturing, while its great in your hand is hell to CC w/o an undershirt.

their premium barrels are fn. the early ones even had an "fn" logo

Since forever. They are simply lower priced and available more often now than they used to be.

The new ones have an FN logo too. Sometimes they are just stamped "PSA" while still being supplied by FN.

damn it, I have already spent so much on making my m16a1 clone but I really want an FN barrel....

Okay heard that. This is a good point, I never shot the 1st gen M&P’s. But Apex built a company for a reason.

I gotta say though. I’m a realist on a lot of shit, and I’m not blinded by brand loyalty. I’ll call out stuff. I got a custom trigger on my Bodyguard for a reason.. I hated it stock. But as an owner of a Performance Center Shield, I thought the trigger was fine, even very good. I don’t have enough trigger time to compare it to the stock version. But I have the 2.0 Compact too, and the trigger is also great. But I heard the Gen 1 Trigger is poo poo and an Apex Trigger is a must have.

I’m just telling what I know from an unbiased viewpoint. I’m probably going to pass on the full size.

I knew I was going to fuck that up.

I have a ton of trigger time on the Performance Center Shield Gen 1. The trigger is fine.

I don’t however have a lot of time on Gen 1 standard Shields compared to what I own so I can’t comment on the trigger as much.

Apologies.

FN supplies barrels for a number of other "manufacturers." I am going to get the exact list wrong, but I believe FN are the OEM for Spikes, Noveske, DD, Rainier Arms and BCM -- again, look it up for yourself. I think one of those actually makes their own barrels, just can't remember the specifics. That doesn't mean that the exact dimensions of the barrel will be the same for all of them. For example, I bought a Noveske barrel not too long ago that required the upper be heated up for the barrel to fit into it, whereas my PSA FN barrel came right out when I changed the handguard.

mother

fucker

okay I’m not ever the guy to be the guy to knee-jerk reaction buy a gun

But since this seems to be a buzzy place..

Does $650 for a Kel Tec KSG-12 sounds like an an excellent deal, an okay deal or what

>Kel-Tec
I wouldn't buy one, even for $1.

thats an okay deal. i think they go on sale regularly for around $700

Why?

This is actionable intel.

it's cheap because it's used user. it's a mid-tier pistol and about as much as a glock new

Yes

Would this be a good first gun purchase?

You should get one OP

If i wasn't legally prohibited due to being in Cali, i would buy two or three of them at this price! The 3 mags alone are worth half the asking price

>magazine disconnect safety
this has been a S&W standard feature since at least their 3rd gen pistols. people claim it's a police feature so a cop can drop the mag if someone is trying to get their gun, but in reality it's a feature demanded by the lawyers so some dumbass doesn't leave a round in the chamber when cleaning his gun and shoot himself.

bullshit their consumer M&Ps don't have mag disco safeties

the only one I know that does, is the M&P 22 Compact

this, there is also a rebate for S&W M&P right now as well, for $120 more you could get a brand new 2.0.