The grooved slots on my AK bolt have very small imperfections/cracks on the surface

The grooved slots on my AK bolt have very small imperfections/cracks on the surface.

Is this going to fuck up and blow my finger/face off?

Attached: 0070C5F9-CA03-4360-A42D-F97984232CA7.jpg (4032x3024, 1.17M)

Yeah probably, who knows. What kind of ak?

Wasr

Could you give us a shittier picture? It looks like you're talking about the bolt carrier not the bolt. In which case it's fine cause that's not a pressure baring component.

Its very hard to get a picture of this area without it looking like shit, or being able to easily tell where its at.

Let me clarify - this is indeed the bolt carrier, specifically on the lip of the groove that slides along the rails on the inside of the receiver.

Makes me worry it may shave away the rail, snag something, or some goofy shit like that. Or maybe it will smooth out. I dont know. The rifle is still enveloped in a healthy cocoon of cosmoline

Attached: 725FDFD1-E4E7-4B20-9794-BFF2A89B3B1C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.17M)

It’s an AK.
As long as it’s not American-made, it’s fine. There are AKs that have been buried in the sand in Afghanistan for 20 years and still function

It’s normal to have burrs on both the rail and the bolt carrier. It comes slamming into the back of the receiver every time you fire. The parts will wear into each other and the action will smooth out. That’s the posterior of the bolt carrier - as user previously said, it’s not a pressure bearing component, so you’re fine. WASR10/63s come rough as hell when they’re new, it’ll smooth out.

No. The bolt carrier is, for the most part, not a load bearing part. It is, in fact, reciprocating. But a few small chips or burrs and/or even a hairline crack wont kill you or the rifle as long as it's not, say, right on the goddamn piston itself.

For the record, this is the other side.

Pure
Refined
Smooth
Shiny (and chrome)

Attached: CF05F16B-9FC8-4484-B7BD-8F31316B9DBC.jpg (4032x3024, 1.2M)

And for more reference, the side in question

Attached: C0C2D492-5DBC-4505-8831-34B9C87F5679.jpg (4032x3024, 1.2M)

Rifle is fine. Keep shooting. It breaks, you replace.

Rifle is fine

Attached: 20190520_093032.jpg (720x899, 364K)

Check your receiver rails for fuct'd'tness and bend them straight with pliers if necessary.

looks super weird actually. stop that fucking rust too.
saiga for comparison.

Attached: 11111YfZY2Q4.jpg (1958x2611, 847K)

It looks like rust is your main problem but yes the guiding rails seem to be chopping the fuck out of your bolt...
Can you feel any burrs with your fingers? It's not that huge of a deal but still something you can polish up.

Attached: 11111Hv1zUSx.jpg (1958x2611, 834K)

This being said, your fear of explosions while justified are probably just that; worries.
As long as the main spring is in the rifle it'll follow the gas tube back into action but probably not fully seat in the event of a catastrophic failure.
It's fairly safe but damn your rifle has limited days.

Its not rust you moron, read my fucking OP.

This rifle is brand spanking new, never fired. That "rust" you see is cosmoline and grease from being in storage.

I just looked at my WASR and it doesn't look like that. Find what's chewing on your bolt carrier op.

Again, its never fired.

It came from the factory this way.

Attached: 8D0651EC-98C0-4F78-A629-F1D730B6CC72.png (1334x750, 2.64M)

Is That shit for real???

Jesus. Century has gotten even worse. Oh well if the bolt moves freely enough for it to shoot then rifle is fine.

Its blatantly rust. Clean off the old packaging grease and learn to take care of your firearms, user. You literally have metal shavings fucking your shit up.

This rifle is from 1972, cunt.

But yea nothing hangs or catches

I just bought this rifle 3 days ago you ignorant fuck. After the mineral spirit bath, all that brown shit melted off.

I sure as fuck hope you dont own any guns, you reek of reddit

>New
>From 1972

Stop licking the cosmoline comrade.

just bought this rifle 3 days ago you ignorant
>reddit
Cmon user. Fucking hell dude. Cmon.

>read the OP
>i see cracks, is this an ISSUE?
Yes you fucking moron...More of an issue if you keep letting the rust form and crack your non-load-bearing components.

Ok faggot

Bmup

Yeah

Oh

Nice

kys yourself asap

Niggers