Anyone Shot Full Auto?

Has anyone here shot full auto?

It Full auto truly more deadly than a Semi-Auto gun?

What's it like shooting full auto? is it overrated or is it super fun?

Attached: tumblr_njcjdpgmsG1qj13zfo1_500.gif (480x270, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

frfrogspad.com
youtu.be/dCPTxUMHq3U
youtu.be/4wYT0JGPkjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got to play with a mp5 a while ago, it’s super effective!

I've shot a full auto Sten at a rental range.
>Is it more effective?
Eh, it makes more noise and that goes alot further in a firefight than you'd think. It won't make you more likely to hit someone though, that's for sure.
>Is it overrated?
Yeah probably.
>Is it super fun.
Fuck yeah it was. With 115 gr 9mm ammo that Sten just kinda jiggled in my arms a little bit and was super fun to shoot. Had me smiling like a school boy.

i was with the kurds in syria, first time i had to return fire i accidently fired full auto for a few shots. and in training, i shot the pkm. nobody over there shoots full auto, they say only do it if you want to shoot something right infront of you. saves ammo and is more precise. they even train their machinegunners to fire single shots, which is tough as the trigger is extremely sensitive. i didn't manage to fire a single shot in training with it.

i imagine it's a lot of fun if you shoot at a range though.

Yes, did it for BMQ with a C7 (canadian AR style service rifle), then during a famil shoot on BMQ-L and DP1 with the C9 (like an M249 SAW).

Standing, with an AR platform, is pretty lame. It's hard to stay on target, even with practice. The LMGs are a lot of fun on the bipod, you could theoretically do a lot of damage with it in an open battle. Warfare is heading away from that stuff however.

It's not as exciting as people on youtube act like it is. It's fun, it's not laugh out loud, knock your socks off fun. People who get all excited about full auto are the gun equivalents of basedboys getting excited about a new fallout game.

Had (cut that shit to pieces, ATF) a defective FCG in my ar when I got it, if I let off the trigger real slow there was a spot where the sear didn't properly engage to keep it from going full fun. Neat, but a waste of ammo imo

>yes
>subjective, nothing is more deadly than being hit but if youre at point blank and mag dump in someone you can make them even more dead a second or two faster. On a belt fed gun it makes them much more effective but theyre used differently
>it's like semi but when you hold the trigger down it keeps shooting. Recoil is weapon dependent. Something like a m240 on a bipod is very manageable for longer ranges

I shot an mg42 and a MP5SV. I didn't notice a distance and preferred shooting the MG42 in bursts.

>Obeying the ATF

Yes goy. Obey the ATF

Attached: hand-rubbing.png (245x289, 23K)

Cool story but I'm gonna call bullshit.
I'd believe your disconnect may have been defective and your hammer rode the bolt home but a faulty disconnect will not lead to unintentional full auto fire in a locked breech weapon, like an AR.
If it was straight blow back like most subguns, a faulty sear catch will absolutely cause a run away full auto.
Neat story but it's bullshit.

Are you joking? The C7 and C8 are crazy easy to control. How noodly are you?
>t.-ex-Pats

My father-in-law used to be an officer in the Russian police.
I got to shoot a PP-91 SMG in full giggle mode and put maybe one round out of eight in the target.
In semi-auto, it's a fun little thing, and I put all of the mag in a grouping half the size of my fist at 25 meters. In full auto, out of 20 rounds in the mag, 3 found their way to the target. A 100x60cm target.
A super high ROF (it was over 1000 rpm, I didn't count but it was fast as fuck) combined to a light weight doesn't make the gun easy to use in full auto... but damn, that's fun.

Ackshually, my LGS’ owner has an HK91 with a trigger that does that.

Don't believe me if you want nigger, I could describe it in further detail but it's not like it matters. I only used the shit once before I swapped it out for spares. Slamfire cheapo ARs aren't super rare

Expensive.

Neat though.

>Hk91
Okay, maybe. But I'm gonna let you in on a secret....HK91's and all other roller delayed guns aren't locked breech mechanisms so a slam fire with them should in theory be more possible?
Yeah dog, I don't believe you. Slam fire cheapo AR's aren't a thing. I've literally never heard of this. In the future, when someone calls you out on bullshit just accept it and move on. I've had people call my obvious bullshit before.

My buddy had his PSA slamfire for a completely different reason. I'm thinking you're a fuckin noguns, faggot

Yes, full auto is really only effective to suppress the enemy. Unlessentially mounted on a tripod it's not feasible for a single person to lay down accurate automatic fire. Plus it wastes ammo. That being said in a squad based combat environment at least one member of the squad should have an automatic for suppressive fire.

I shot a full auto m60, It was better than sex...like seriosuly. as for being more deadly than semi-atuo? eh, more bullets are generally more deadly unless you are going up against people who know what they are doing.

>It Full auto truly more deadly than a Semi-Auto gun?
It's highly situational. It's more deadly on a battlefield, it's less deadly as a weapon for criminals and terrorists.
>What's it like shooting full auto? is it overrated or is it super fun?
Not as great as you would expect but better than slow semi.

Well I see my phone decided to create a new word.. unless it is mounted to a tripod... not sure what unlessentilly is

I can hit a 18in target at 75 yards in FA. I am 6ft 240 though and super jacked.

Among the few full autos I've fired, the MP5SD is ridiculously easy to control. It was like a 22lr. Best gun I ever shot, and I've played with a PPSH and an MG42 before. SMG's are relatively easy to control. When you get up to assault rifles and LMG's, bursts will be the best way to control it. Full auto isn't more dangerous than a semi auto since with the semi auto you have to actually aim your shots.

>unlessential
>something that is only required as a backup
>my pistol is unlessential a robber were to break in

>Has anyone here shot full auto?
Yeah.

Generally no, but it has its uses.

It's super fun until you realize how much money you just went through in a few seconds.

>super fun until you realize how much money you just went through in a few seconds.
This
>wow that was fucking awesome
>wait, shit
>wow that was just 6 dollars in less than 10 seconds

Haven't shot full-auto yet. Luckily, the indoor range down the road from me is remodeling and will be offering full-autos for rent sometime this year.

Fired assault rifles and LMGs inna army.
You empty your mag in a couple of seconds with full fun. It is very impractical.

It's fucking fun though ... but mostly when it's not (You) paying the ammo bill.

Its fun, especially in pistol-caliber SMGs.
IRL most cases are situational. For the most part it’s unnecessary & wastes a lot of ammo

>For a completely different reason
Holy shit, imagine that. He had it slamefire for a totally different reason that the one I was referring to in my post. If I'm a noguns then you're a noliteracy faggot. Please, if you're gonna jump into an argument between two anons, at least have the decency to read the replies.

I'm not jumping into shit you fucking retard, I am refuting your retarded claim that >slamfire cheapo ARs aren't a thing
Lo and begoddamnedhold, here you are backtracking a single reply later. Feel free to fuck a landmine the next time you feel like being clever

I get to shoot full auto at work (sometimes), yes.
Eh? From a SAW or company-level GPMG that can do sustained fire it can be, sure. Most of the time retards can't control their bursts from their service rifles and end up being far less effective than just practicing with semi-auto consistently.
Depends on the gun but I still find it incredibly amusing. Depends from person to person but it never gets old for me.

Pretty fun, some redneck let me shoot his full retard AR sometime last year or the year before. Owning it seemed like a hassle though, seemingly everybody in WA calls the cops when they hear anything close to f/a fire.

Were you a foreign voulenteer or a local?

a foreign volunteer

Ah yes, your completely irrefutable anecdotal evidence proves I'm a faggot and a noguns that doesn't also own 2 PSA AR's. I haven't been this btfo'd in ages.

What country are you from if you don’t mind me asking? Also any stories?

Lugged this pig around for a couple of years. Other then a .50 and the SAWs Chad bro the M240b never had anything else that was full auto.

Yes

Depends on the weapons platform. You can slay an entire squad/PLT with the right full auto weapon.

Like having a 14 inch dick but you're only ever going to put the first 4 or 5 inches

Attached: M249-SAW-3.jpg (1086x610, 152K)

Web results
Slam Fires and the AR Platform - Fr. Frog's
frfrogspad.com arslam
Ever Had A Slam Fire With Your AR-15? | Northwest Firearms ...
Northwest Firearms threads ever-had-...
Slamfiring on AR's isn't a fucking thing. I'm not back tracking on shit. The only way I can see it happening is if you had shit in the firing pin channel that would bind the firing pin up, I've seen this actually happen on a Glock 17 before.

Anybody thought about intentionally gunking up the firing pin on their sks to make it slamfire on purpose?

Attached: 1543146777703.jpg (317x310, 14K)

Oh look it's retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-144921.png (720x1280, 128K)

Is a rifle firing when the trigger is released a slam fire? No.

Not that guy, but doubling like a binary trigger is not the same thing as full auto fire in the context of this thread (even though in terms of strict legal definition it is)

You're flailing now, faggot. You were the one whingeing about the specific scenario being discussed, which that is. Right there, in the picture. You can even see the search bar describing the exact scenario you said does not happen. Guess who's the asshole here

You should probably learn the difference between a rifle firing on the release of a trigger and what a slam fire actually is bud.
Here, let me help.
Slamfire : youtu.be/dCPTxUMHq3U

A rifle firing on the release of a trigger : youtu.be/4wYT0JGPkjw

Once again, I will make the statement that slamfire AR's are not a thing.
Echo triggers are a thing. A fucked up disconnect is possible but unlikely to cause full auto fire.

Really fun, not really useful outside of dedicated support weapons.

Yes, I did shoot a fair deal of full auto AKM and a little bit of PM-84P Polish submachine gun.

Definitely not. I guess it has some uses in specific situations, but generally you're just going to waste ammo with FA.

>What's it like shooting full auto?
Super fun. I really wish it wasn't considered evil pretty much everywhere.

Attached: image (7).jpg (2003x1127, 958K)

Don't be a retard next time

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-150410_2.png (720x760, 109K)

In ukraine I fired a PK, ak variants, and a stechkin. I mostly used a svd though.

Its fun but I didnt get to enjoy it in the situation i guess.
It was useful in the urban shit but wouldnt have helped when i was posted up watching a road on a flank near the front

who you been with there?

bump

>he doesn't understand that nearly every semi mechanically wants to fire full auto

General observation is that you really want a good shoulder to stock fit. A shitty or poorly fitted stock makes it much harder to control.

M16
Didn't kick too bad, but I would need more practice to control more that 2-4 round bursts.

AK47
Harder to control that M16 in full-auto, but was still fun.

UZI
Felt crude and boxy, with shitty stock. Hard to control.

MP5K
Folding stock was harder to shoulder correctly and the sights were not well zeroed. The gun however was way smoother, I could burst fire easily and keep it on target with full-auto at 25 yards. It was easy to see why the MP5 is the queen of SMGs.

Depends, some guns are rather superfluous without the ability to dump a mag, such as bullet-hoses like MAC-10s or big heavy MGs that are meant to suppress. For things like assault rifles, it's almost always just a way to waste ammo.
It's fun, but unless the government is buying your ammo the novelty wears off pretty quickly. The degree of fun also varies from gun to gun. The HK53 I had was a blast to shoot FA, meanwhile the pair of Cobray M-11s were utterly miserable and made me want the 9mm I uselessly hurled downrange back. For the most part, I'd say FA is overrated.

Attached: IMG_37101_zpsfef0eb87.jpg (1024x768, 92K)

From standing an MP5 can be kept on target at short range (>25m) with little practice.

For carbines it’s really dependent on how well the reciprocating mass is tuned. AR’s with low RoF aren’t bad, AK’s are difficult.

Standing with anything bigger than an intermediate cartridge, good luck. I can only speak for the couple mags I shot on a G3 pattern FA gun but it wasn’t effective and I’m not small.

What is OFAST?

> I can only speak for the couple mags I shot on a G3 pattern FA gun but it wasn’t effective and I’m not small.
I've had limited exposure to above-intermediate FAs but the G3 is likely one of the more unpleasant guns to shoot in fullretard. I cannot imagine what that was like in the Bundes back in the old days when you had a whole line of people training with those in the indoor ranges that were popular in the military at the time.

Just an m27 Iar during Itb. We shot 300 rounds in various positions, of course using the bipod it was the most stable. I’ll answer any questions about muhreen infantry training.

My police department has Vietnam m16s we carry and qual with twice a year. It’s fun but idk about effective. They shoot too fast I think. Magazine gone in like 4 seconds. You’d only use full auto in suppression in military.. or maybe careful short bursts if you really wanted to I guess it might increase your chances not sure it would be appropriate to spray and pray as a police officer tho

it's useful for cqb and suppression

gotta use a can

Being issued a fullauto m4 i literally have only used it for suppression and giggle factor. For combat effectiveness in both training and down range semi auto is the only effective way to do it.

This

Is a liar and never shot a real Uzi lol
They are easy to shoot and super controllable