Iranian forces

Let's discuss the capabilities of Iran. Not the politics or who did what. Just a nice equipment discussion.

I can't find any articles on this boat, what sort of autocannon mount is that on the foredeck?

Attached: 1560529578810m.jpg (1024x699, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbZFjpQxIqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AA gun on a bass boat. Goddamn.

ZU-23

I have no idea if they are the same boats pictured, but back in the 80's there was a lot of talk about Iran using Swedish-built Boghammar fast-attack boats

I feel the ZU-23-2 is a horrible weapon platform to have mounted on fast attack boats.

Iran's weapon industry is pretty fucked up, and the best they can do is bolt what few weapons they can domestically produce onto whatever platform can accept it.

For example they've been known to mount I-HAWK missiles on their F-14s after they ran out of Phoenixes.

Apparently, they plan to use their F-14s as a shitty AWACS in case of war. It has the best radar of any airborne platform in their fleet, and they likely have less than 10 of them still flying.

After googling and getting this pic I believe you

Attached: ZU-23-6_six_23mm_cannons_anti-aircraft_gun_Iran_Iranian_army_defence_industry_military_technology_64 (640x465, 62K)

They even made a new version

Attached: Mesbah-1_eight_cannons_23mm_towed_anti-aicraft_air_defense_system_Iran_Iranian_army_defence_industry (641x461, 47K)

The West cannot compete.

Attached: 103624.jpg (540x300, 48K)

Attached: am duck.jpg (667x521, 36K)

i don't visit Jow Forums but i do follow international news and own numerous salt guns.

no one here actually supports the US or that fucking kike Trump, right?

Shoo

shoo where?

Their new Karrar MBT. They claim it has things like electric fire control, laser rangefinding, and day/night sensors for detecting and tracking targets. Similar to a T-72 or T-90 with. I admit it does look kind of cool and at least it's not an obvious sham like their "stealth fighter".

Attached: karrar-iranian-tank.jpg (2000x1333, 1.92M)

why would i go to an fbi honeypot?

Because it's away from here.

you don't like me?

Nobody does.

I like you user.

too bad faggot. what are you going to do about it? i bet you wear slim fit jeans and have never done a day of manual labor in your life. you pussy bitch faggot.

Try graduating highschool before you think about making comebacks.

Whyd they make it black lmao; how to look like the bad guy 101

am i wrong?

how many chicks have you fucked? what do you bench?

That's probably the best use they're going to get out of the few they have left. They were very effective fighters in the Iran-Iraq War but that was decades ago when the planes were still fairly new.
The Iranian military really wouldn't stand a chance in any aspect. Their biggest threads would be attacking shipping and trying to use SAMs and AA guns (which they've been investing in lately).

This is an 18+ site.

Back to your containment

Its actually not a bad idea.

A battery of those will deny a load of airspace and if their crews are well trained, ie: concealment and fire-discipline, they would be difficult to identify.

Maybe its because I am South African, so I know the feel, but I appreciate Irans efforts to develop domestic arsenals. Its not flashy or high-tech but it could be usefull and its better than nothing so who cares.

Luckily, Jow Forums is far too obscure for the feds to know about.

t. faggot soi boi

>no one here actually supports the US or that fucking kike Trump, right?

Attached: 1379351751562.png (625x626, 55K)

Yes, we know your preference of men, now go to a board that could appreciate that.

i'm glad this site turns to shit in the summer. i actually go outside and do stuff. thanks for the reminder retard

I have a hard time believing it's anything more than a dressed-up T-72

t. faggot soi boy

It's hilarious how Jow Forumstards slink over here and complain that their board is a shithole.

Guess who made it.

11 posts in and a dipshit has to make it political.
Iranian naval doctrine with fast attack craft make an autocannon a reasonable weapon. Most of them have some kind of unguided rocket launcher, grads or whatever Chinese design they can get their hands on.

My guess would be to try to emphasis its nighttime capabilities. I don't know too much about Iranian armor but what they claim the Karrar has is advanced compared to what they've had in the past.
Only other color I've seen on it is the black with light grey camo pattern.

Attached: x-JT2TqP_VZmuLIGxQfEBv7vLiv6mMDFl4qIrOC3dFo.jpg (1200x830, 292K)

That thing has got to be a bitch to get in and out of during the day trying not to melt your hands off.

It is, but the T-72 is still a capable tank. With the upgrades it's also far from the worst variant produced.

>2019
>Using spaced armor
>High Tech lines
God damn

Whatever, I'll bite. I'd love nothing more than to get the everliving fuck out of the middle East. And while Id never be too trusting of the us gov, I'm even less trusting of Iran. Hopefully this can be all be pinned on some snakbars and we can avoid more pointless war in some backwater shithole. Though if this is (undeniably) Iran's doing, I'm not opposed to us stepping in.

Attached: Bigfoot shot JFK.jpg (293x172, 9K)

If I were to guess they are black to look cool. It sounds stupid but most of these are probably pre production models, I would be surprised if they are in any state of production no matter what the Iranians say.
Capable against older and equal tanks, archaic compared to anything else.

They also been claiming that this MBT they call the Zulqifar is locally produced, I wouldn't buy their claims for the Karrar either. Probably an upgraded T-72S.

Attached: zulfiqar prototype.jpg (1000x667, 525K)

The man with backwards hands found out the hard way

Attached: Screenshot_36.png (1501x742, 2.6M)

Black =/= night time camo, that's like the worst thing you can do optically but it's not like optic detection is what they have to protect against. Assuming full competence and that there is a designed reason for the coating, I'd think it would be for reduced observability in infrared. That's assuming a fucking lot since it's black of all colors. Is likely the right of it. It's either there to look cool or it's painted black for the propaganda purpose of claiming it has some sort of advanced stealth coating.

If everything works, I could see it possibly being similar to the Iraqi M1A1Ms. Good enough for the region but by no means a world's best.

Good lord! what did they do to those poor Pattons?
So is their primary MBT a T-55 variant? Something they actually have some amount of that exceeds obvious prototype.

Fucking lol.

Because your in an ATF honeypot

Attached: 1445434119922.jpg (464x507, 47K)

I don't know if I would go so far as to compare it to an M1 even if it is the lowest of the M1s. The real unknown is the Iranian defense industry. The M1s were built stateside whereas the Iranian tank is well just that, Iranian.

That's true. Trying to give it any credit as being even workable right now is going by Iran's word. Which obviously is not the most reputable.

Any units actually produced had better keep the lights under the skirts and hull that the showroom model had.

Attached: 1395122214211688710253994.jpg (800x557, 128K)

>Good lord! what did they do to those poor Pattons?
They've been at this for decades now, trying to convince the world that they can make modern MBTs.
>So is their primary MBT a T-55 variant?
I don't think they really have one, as their equipment varies by division or even brigade level. The revolutionary guard uses the T-72Z upgrade of the T-55, while the best equipped units in the regular army use the T-72. It gets worse from there, going down to leftover Chieftains and M-60s from the Shah era, all the way down to the elderly M-47.

Attached: zulfiqar_3.jpg (600x338, 65K)

>all
>those
>dice

AA guns are almost completely useless

Bet that look cool in at night in some tehran clubbing street

I wouldn't go that far. Great against low flying helicopters. But as far as unguided AAA goes it's useless against any high performance jet. If I recall correctly A-10s got shot to shit over Iraq by AAA fire.
But what's to say they have to be used as anti air, most recent mid east conflicts have seen SPAAGs like the Shilka being used in a direct fire role, and quite effectively as well.

these look neat
what are they supposed to do aside from look neat though

>Great against low flying helicopters.
Maybe in the '80s or against a foe with 80's tech. modern attack hellis fight from ranges far beyond any AAA.

Iran's military compares favorably to other regimes in the region. Sort of an almost-hermit kingdom. The indigenous stuff is fun to look at but you can be fucking sure 10 minutes into an actual goddamn war they'd be fighting with what worked. and that probably aint the magic juju crap they push all the time.

F14 with iHawk

Attached: full-30977-39291-32266_23647.jpg (1024x726, 96K)

Muh dick

Giant paper tiger. Good for terrorism and putting down riots, not much else. They got btfo hard in Syria by a few goat farmers and Russia had to come save them

Attached: Iran.gif (300x229, 1.99M)

shoo muslim shill

All of the "new" Iranian tanks are usually just mockup models on flatbeds. They probably aren't operational.

50% of Iran's defense doctrine is PR shenanigans and the other 45% terrorism. The other 5% is actual warfighting

Attached: dNQ5i.jpg (1024x558, 70K)

Rolling fourty eight autocannon shots to wound on 6s
> roll roll roll
Alright, two up armour save
> roll roll roll
No wounds?!

logically it makes no sense ? why would they blow up a japanese shit, when the jap priminster just came to visit to talk about working with you? IT would have made sense if it was an american ship and it blew up. This is just beyond pants on head retarded level of false flag operations

>melt your hands off
What do you think those bloody handprints on the barrel are from, user?

Huh, I actually like the look of those things. What's wrong with me?

Dammit, why don't our tanks get RGB?

I don't really get Iran. Are they in a situation like North Korea means the second the public stops believing/fearing, every current leader is as good as dead?

-Being a regime trying to control its populace through fear and smoke & mirrors? Fine, there's a bunch of those.
-Making threats about developing weapons? North Korea's done it for years.
-Sponsoring terrorism? Not very good these days, but Iran isn't going to be singled out as the only one doing it.
-Actually trying to damage/destroy other nations property, interfere with commerce, and going back on agreements? These are things that could result in a hammer being dropped if they are pushed too far. Where all the talk and posturing becomes actual combat.

Attached: n2850425-4286372.jpg (1200x830, 237K)

is it just me or do all 3 have different LFP's?

>Are they in a situation like North Korea means the second the public stops believing/fearing, every current leader is as good as dead?
Not really. The religious part of the government is very unpopular with the urban youth, but that doesn't mean the entire structure of the society is at risk of a popular uprising. It's sort of an odd 2-tier system, with there being an ostensibly secular republic that's overseen by the Ayatollah and his guardian council, who hold effectively unchecked power over the government.

> Aghareb WHEELED TANK
fucking kek, that's a apc with a turret haphazardly slapped on it.

iranian bots

Iran isn't cohesive like some would believe. There's competing factions (usually clerics vs moderates) that wouldn't hesitate to stir shit. For instance, most of the hardliners don't like how things are being run.

Assuming it was actually Iran I'd say the above would be the most likely reason. In any case the US immediately throwing blame helps literally no one.

What the flying fuck nugget shot cunts is this abomination

The ammount of Bolton posting in this thread is insane.

Yeah, yeah, Irans military is shit, yeah, yeah, surgical strike, yeah, yeah, home by Christmas.

All you really have to ask yourself is: does war with Iran benefit America? If the answer is no, then Iran is not worth a drop of American blood.

Considering other ships were attacked recently I think it's a case that someone fucked up and attacked a ship from a nation they are currently in negotiations with. Now the Iranians are trying to play it off as a false flag.
There's some different reports from the Japanese crew saying something flew at the ship, which would suggest a missile. The video of the mine being removed is something else. All of these things showing a trend in trying to harass shipping going through the Strait.

Alot of people also forget that the Revolutionary Guard isn't under any command of the government, it only answers to the Ayatollah. Its possible the regular government really doesn't know whats going on.

>modern attack hellis fight from ranges far beyond any AAA.
fuck no, even against goat farmers with literal cobweb'd shit from the 80s in Astan the coalition would frequently fly low out of fear of MANPADS

That's been increasingly the case with Rouhani's (relatively for Iran) secular and moderate outlook on politics. He's about as opposite to the religious government as the Ayatollah and the Guardian Council would allow.

That's what I thought, it's not for self-preservation by the government needing to create an enemy to keep the people from revolting. It's just reciting dogma and occasionally crossing the line into action. It confuses me because all it takes is one time going too far for it all to come crashing down.

It looks like it's from WW2. I kind of like it.

Not worth war over some tankers, but deploying ships to that area to make a statement is justified. If Iran goes full retard and attacks an American warship then that would be another matter entirely.

What a shit show.

>it's not for self-preservation by the government needing to create an enemy to keep the people from revolting
I wouldn't say that's entirely the case. The IRGC and the religious government absolutely use the threat of an American invasion to demonstrate their continued importance to the state. While there's no immediate threat for a civil war, the non-democratic elements of the government have become increasingly unpopular, and it's certainly worrisome to those in power.

youtube.com/watch?v=EbZFjpQxIqU

Some days I wish the Shah could come back, Id be willing to invade Iran to bring this back.

>Implying the entirety of 4ch4n isnt a honeypot

It'd certainly be more stable for regional politics, but the people of Iran have a fairly long history of democracy. I doubt they'd want to return to a dictatorship, even if it's secular.

Constitutional Monarchy perhaps might work better, I'm mostly in it for the aesthetics. Persia is too cool historically wise to be the international laughing stock it is now. I want it to be cool and dignified again

>I want it to be cool and dignified again
That'd require them to get rid of Islam, I'd imagine. Even the relatively (compared to Sunni) liberal tenets of Shia Islam still go against Persian culture's historical values.

I'm quickly learning the entire nation of Iran is something far more complex than I previously thought. Thanks for the info.
I knew not every person there is some Islamic radical, and that Iran has a history of secularism for a large part. Never knew there was seemingly different governments and rulers.

Attached: cover_5a45e6f28919a5_50258182.jpg (872x440, 41K)

Patrol, I guess. South Korea has something similar and has been shopping it around to other countries. In theory you could mount aircraft rocket pods on them, and they're hard to spot with radar, making them by far the cheapest "stealth" option you can have.

It helps to think of it as a speedboat with twice the speed instead of as a shitty airplane.

Attached: HGxyHzW.jpg (835x390, 68K)

Its amazing how much better that looks than the Iranian one, the Iranian one looks like a damn plastic rc toy.

It's always kind of neat looking to see nations that don't design tanks have a go at it, even if the result is mostly a propaganda piece.
The rear engine deck is completely different from 1 to 2 as well.

Attached: zulfiqar prototype 2.jpg (1000x667, 156K)

I meant to post this one, showing the engine compartment.

Attached: zulfiqar prototype 3.jpg (1000x666, 178K)

Yeah, it's odd. The day to day operations are handled by an elected president and legislature, but all of their actions (including deciding to run in an election) are subject to the will of the Ayatollah and his self-appointed Guardian Council. From what I've seen from people who have gone there, most of the people, even in the countryside, are fairly moderate in their dedication to Islam. In a lot of ways, the religious hardliners are becoming increasingly unpopular, but the Republican Guard is able to operate as an autonomous military, and a major portion of the country's industries are owned by IRGC members.

It sounds like eventually the Ayatollah & his council will be gone. Either through foreign intervention if the radicals do something very dumb, or if for some reason the moderate majority decides they want something new. Not that I think either is going to happen in the immediate future. As long as people have food, money, shelter, and their family, they tend to be content even if the rest of the world thinks they all must be miserable.

The Korean example is bigger, can carry a radar and seats 4. The Iranian ones are as small and cheap as possible. They're practically the real world equivalent of those skimmer things from the last Star Wars.

They're certainly not gonna have the US Navy quaking in their boots, but there's something to be said for the ability to have an armed aircraft, even a really shitty one, for like the price of a bass boat.

Attached: 89684.jpg (1600x960, 271K)

Oy vey!

coast guard (with the caveat that the coast guard is under the command of the revolutionary guard), they're Wing in ground effect planes, they can fly like regular planes but optimal speed and range is found when flying with their wings in ground effect. Good for patrolling and they can be mounted with a missile so they can function like fast attack boats if needed.

Basically the executive is embedded in the judiciary, which is the ayatollah council, while the general military offsets the revolutionary guard that is under the ayatollah's command.