Best tank ever made

Best tank ever made.
Change my mind

Attached: 140616125850-centurion-mk-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 208K)

slow as a typical british tank

Bad quality tankfu. Back to the mines.

why do you think so?

pic related is a better tank with the same gun.

Attached: Tiran-5.jpg (877x571, 114K)

GOOD
SOLID
TANK

Attached: fatwater.jpg (242x302, 16K)

The only thing it has going for it is the gun

jingles pls go

Agree to that, a T-54/55 style tank with a L7 gun mounted is the best tnkfu IMO. Tiran-5 and also Chinese type 59 B and type 79

>Armour 51–152 mm
I laugh my fucking ass off every time someone pretends paper thin tin cans like Leo 1, Centurion and AMX-30 were good.

Attached: q67.jpg (1414x1368, 573K)

kek leo 1 and amx-30 were like two decades newer than the centurion. it's armor was pretty damn good for 1945

>70ish frontal armor
>damn good for 1945

Well the Centurion proved itself superior to the T-55 and T-62 in the battle of the Golan heights, so IDK what you're babbling about.

>76 mm hull at 57 degrees
>better than the panther
>150 mm turret
>same as king tiger

>Centurion proved itself superior to the T-55 and T-62 in the battle of the Golan heights
JIDF, pls.

Attached: chieftain overmatched by 115mm T-62.jpg (630x318, 50K)

>Change my mind
EZ

Attached: MBT-70 MBT.webm (450x360, 1.66M)

>Post the Chieftain when we're talking about the Centurion
No actual argument, I presume?

Impotent.

Attached: is-3 hits.jpg (768x1024, 141K)

>Post JIDF propaganda using Arabs as example

>JIDF propaganda
How is a historical event "propaganda"?
>using Arabs as example
And?

>And?
And fuck off, JIDF.

Attached: abrams bbq.jpg (1017x576, 67K)

Why do you squeal instead of provide arguments?

>76 mm hull at 57 degrees
>better than the panther
Panther has 80mm at 55 degrees, so no.

>150 mm turret
>same as king tiger
Tiger II has 185mm turret front, so no.

>JIDF bot keeps trying to use Arabs as example
My argument is fuck off, JIDF bot.

Why does referencing a historical battle make you seethe with rage? Why can't you provide an argument?

i'm not sure what you're referencing, since i never mentioned armament

>Panther has 80mm at 55 degrees, so no.
do some math, friend.

>Tiger II has 185mm turret front, so no.
mantlet is 15 cm; you're correct that the turret front is 18 cm. i looked at the wrong line in my notes

so yes, pretty damn good for 1945.

Why do you keep trying to refer to Arabs, JIDF bot? Fuck off.

>Why do you keep trying to refer to Arabs
Because Egypt and Syria used the T-55 and T-62 against the Centurion? You know, the topic of this thread?

That’s it I’m getting the paddle.

I don’t think you understand. Arabs are so incredibly incompetent at warfare that you can never cite them in anything ever

>JIDF bot keeps trying to use Arabs as example
The usual topic of JIDF propaganda.

>The usual topic of JIDF propaganda.
You did it yourself in >41814119, why are you sperging out at me?

>IS-3
>Survives multiple hits
>falls apart anyway
kek

>best tank ever made
>Uses retarded large-caliber gun/launcher
>Insanely expensive
>Stupidly complex
>Cancelled before it can do any more damage or waste any more resources.

Attached: 1517865526724.jpg (960x655, 174K)

You cannot compare a heavy tank to an MBT and then say the MBT's armor is "bad" because it's not matching up to the heavy's. Not when there were other heavy tank peers to the IS-3 and T-10 in the early stages of the Cold War. If you want to compare the IS-3 then chose something in the same class.

Attached: 1401082810562.jpg (3539x2120, 685K)

>HEAT
>canister shot when gooks get in the wire
>Shillelah missile for when they are after your lucky charms

Attached: M551A1_Sheridan_Armored_Reconnaissance_Vehicle_Fort_Lewis_Military_Museum.jpg (800x531, 160K)

In practice the M551 was alright, but in theory it would have been a disaster.
>HEAT being useful only against light Soviet AFVs of the era, given the introduction of the T-64 into mainline service
>Canister shot being easily countered by infantry hiding behind low cover, or really anything between them and the tank (necessitating the development of systems like Killer Jr and Killer Sr by artillery crews to compensate for this)
>Shillelagh missile suffering the same drawbacks as HEAT, although being marginally more effective against tanks like the T-62 and T-55A.
>Shillelagh missile also suffering being launched from a gun that has a bad habit of destroying the missile's firing equipment every time it fires.
>Armor that was highly susceptible to even early MANPATS, of which the Soviets and pretty much everyone allied with the Soviets had a metric fuckton of.
M551 found itself in this weird niche where we were just starting to realize that you don't need a whole tank to be able to kill other tanks. It was designed to be able to kill enemy armor if it needed to, but not to hunt it; ideally it would never have seen an enemy tank and instead just zipped around doing sneaky airborne stuff. Unfortunately, the same works in reverse; the enemy didn't need a tank to kill your tanks; ie armor designed around protecting the crew from anything up to but not including tank guns actually doesn't mean shit, especially when a single drunken Ivan or backwoods mud-farming Charlie can kill it with any one of the fucktillion RPGs sitting around.

Attached: M551 Sheridan.jpg (3072x1728, 1.63M)

It's not a Leopard