Can someone explain this scene from beginning of JW3, please?

Can someone explain this scene from beginning of JW3, please?
He got into what seems like a museum or maybe and auction storage, doesn't matter.
He picked up a revolver from the stand and tried to fit the cartridge in, but it was too big. So picked apart several other guns to use their parts to build a Franken-gun that could shoot that cartridge.
Why not use the gun he used as drum donor to load the cartridges and shoot?
tl;dr noguns here. Why did John Wick build a gun from different parts when he could use the gun that accepts these cartridges to begin with?

Attached: JW3_739.jpg (3675x2450, 1009K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SR3aIzfNMXM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's hollywood garbage

it was a reference to a scene in the good the bad and the ugly where a character does exactly the same thing.

Its a protracted and meaningless film reference.

Haven't seen the movie and I'm not too familiar with revolvers, but I'd imagine that the first one had some superior quality to it that he wanted to keep. Of course, the barrel would need to match the caliber, so I can't imagine what that would be. if you're replacing both the cylinder and the barrel.
There's a neat scene in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly that perhaps it drew inspiration from. Start at 1:40 - youtube.com/watch?v=SR3aIzfNMXM

Its a reference to Tuco doing the same thing in The Good the Bad and the Ugly, you uncultured faggot. I haven't seen any of the faggy wick movies and I know this.

unpopular opinion: TGTBATU is a boring movie

>REVOLVERS!

JW3 was a good action movie but I feel like it’s straying too far from the initial feel of the first (and mostly the second) movies. Too many references or over-the-top scenes, humour where it feels out of place (Zero).
Don’t get me wrong, some shots were cool, like the glass house + the sound for that, but some shit was w a c k

the first two movies seemed more like wank material for the 'every recommended video on my youtube sidebar is a gun channel' audience.

i could understand why, some scenes are long and drawn out, not as much action just a lot of tension being built.

it feels like they just made 3 episodes of a tv show then taped them together.

It's not an action movie.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SR3aIzfNMXM
Take an educated guess, pretend you're right, and feel better about yourself before you're convinced what an idiot you might be.

Attached: L9ht8p.gif (320x180, 1.2M)

>people getting all euphoric because you haven't seen a spaghetti western from the fucking 60s
dont worry about it OP, the scene was basically a big memberberry, you're putting more thought into it than they did. its just there so that boomers can look at it and say "I understood that reference" and feel good about themselves, same reason people watch The Big Bang Theory.

He only had 44-40 ammo and a 45 colt gun or something so he put a 45 cylinder on a 44 black powder gun and nigger rigged a SAA hammer to fire a single shot down the tighter barrel that fit the slug.

I think.

Fucking summer children here now. It’s an homage to a scene in a very famous western film. This whole series is basically full of nods to classic westerns and “lone samurai” cinema

Tuco is based

Totally a reference to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
It made about as much sense there, but it's still an interesting scene, and that's what they're homaging, I wager.
You can actually get live firing replicas of the gun that Tuco (Eli Wallach) put together in that scene.

Yeah, that's a very unpopular opinion, people with good tastes don't say things like that.

Attached: Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez.jpg (1095x730, 139K)

I know the TGTBATU had a scene like that, but none of you answered the question I asked. Why didn't Wick use the gun that could take the right ammo from the start? There was obviously one, because he got a cylinder from it.
Tuco had all the time in the world for his assembly, John Wick didn't. He was chased by assassins and he wasted all this time to assemble a gun to shoot one round.

Thank you.
Someone actually trying to answer the question I asked.

>Why didn't Wick use the gun that could take the right ammo from the start?
Presumably so they could make this reference.

I thought it was meant to show how Wick is unused to old revolvers as he mainly uses modern semiauto handguns and rifles.
JW1 was a perfectly self contained movie, it didn't need sequels. That said, I still like the other Wick movies because they're one of the few Hollywood flicks that isn't some faggotty capeshit and the action sequences are well shot and fun to watch.

>Wick is unused to old revolvers as he mainly uses modern semiauto handguns and rifles.

>Stripped down multiple guns
>Reassembled them into franken gun
>Unused to

The cylinder on the first revolver was plugged, the action on the second was non functional

Attached: 1558036999588.png (940x1039, 691K)

Because things that happen in fiction often aren't realistic but instead happen for symbolic reasons.

so what was the symbolism?

>Can someone explain this scene from beginning of JW3, please?
Fuck point man thats why.

No, in the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly it made sense. Back then quality control may have been an issue. Tuco took the best revolvers, started with the one with the best action, stripped off the barrel and drum, looked for and found a better rounded drum, added it to his chosen revolver, then finally found a barrel he thought was straighter than the rest.
He was taking apart different guns that were made for the same caliber as well, I think.

why do these ESL niggers keep referring to a revolver cylinder as a 'drum'

To impress reddit cuck soiboys like you.

It was symbolizing how much the director liked The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I thought most museum guns were decommissioned so he should not be able to use it

That scene was filmed to make me want a western from the same director.

RETARD ALERT

Attached: tumblr_plar1wsbJv1roa3hb_1280.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

He's using different parts so he can use the cartridge. The original cylinder was for black powder ball loads.

Or one was a black powder muzle loader the other was a broken cartridge conversion

This makes the most sense out of anything. A museum gun would most likely either be rendered unfireable by deactivation or neglect.

This. The revolvers in JW3 were rendered inoperable in multiple ways.

Maybe that's what it's called in their mother tongue? In German that part is called 'Trommel', drum in English.
Might be the case in more languages, idk

Certain ammo is more common. Why in the fuck can you not use your god damn imagination?
It's a high-velocity hack to the gun that can fire more available rounds.

Attached: 1557205283101.gif (445x250, 1.73M)

Attached: 1548373540596.jpg (1080x1349, 211K)

I was planning on watching this series. Are JW movies good?

The first one is good. I haven't seen the rest.

Because the guns were disabled in one way or another.

Most probably had firing pins removed or cylinders or barrels filled or other ways to turn the gun into essentially a display piece.

Either that or they were legit antiques and he had to find still serviceable parts from the various revolvers there.

The part of the scene that irked me was he went through all that trouble for 1 goddamn shot and didnt even use it after that.

Attached: 1472270744156.jpg (579x819, 232K)

2nd one is ok but mostly going full retard action movie. Jow Forumsommandos hate it for that.

3rd one has gotten straight up silly at points. Still serviceable as a movie but definitely gotten far from the aesthetic quality of the first film.

Not if you have more than a handful of braincells.

First is the best, tight stylish action but just barely maintaining that connection to real oper8n to be enjoyable.
2 is one of those sequels where they just ramped everything up to 11, which only makes it more of a slog even though it's a good film overall.
Haven't seen 3.
So basically check out 1 and if you like it try 2 and 3.

Peak zoomer right here

This will fuck your mind. In Norwegian, the revolver cylinder is referred to as 'tonne', which translates to 'barrel'... meanwhile the word for barrel is 'pipe'.

how can he even hear anymore, especially after the shotgun scene in the tunnel ruins
his whole life must be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Unpopular opinion: Once Upon a Time in the West is the best of that directors Westerns

>CARTRIDGES!

Why are Norwegians so backwards

Because modern Norwegian is about 70% old Danish, 10% modern English, 10% pre ww1 German, and 10% inbreeding. If it is a digital item we use the English one; if it is something mechanical it'll be German derived, and if they can't understand what you are saying in the valley next to yours...

>straighter than the rest
i dont know much about firearms of the 19th century but im quite certain they ironed out straightening of barrels by then. it's not exactly rocket science to have a straight cylinder tube.
the real reason he looked down the barrel was probably to illustrate he is examining each part with great detail, inside and out. he also sniffed a revolver and shook his head at it ffs.

Same guy here, Hell maybe he was looking for the one with the least use? They wanted to paint him as someone who knew a lot about his pistols, and he came across as that to most viewers lol.

>I’m such a fag I don’t recognize the most obvious movie homage ever
This thread, every time we have it

>*sniffs gun*
>Smell human feces of pre-/k autist who got curious
>*shake head in disgust*

>Zoomies unite

Because they wanted to pay homage to this scene in The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. No, this scene didn't make a lot of sense but it didn't need to.

The scene does a couple things.
1. It's a reference to TGTBATU as has been mentioned.
2. It shows how proficient John is with basically any weapon for newcomers to the franchise who might be watching JW3 without seeing the previous movies
3. It's supposed to cool joke because he just gunslings the asian dude into the next dimension
Don't look too much into it. John Wick are pretty braindead movies made by stuntmen. The whole schtick is rule of cool. The last shootout scene is literally just a 3 gun match with live targets because they wanted to show off all the 3 gun training Keanu went through. From a pure action movie standpoint, these movies are great. Everything else is secondary.

it was better in every single way than the 2nd installment

that's actually viable. i assumed all of the "good stuff" was brand new but it makes sense to find the least worn barrel if that's not the case.
kinda like buying surplus these days, you're gonna want check the bore and barrel best you can if you actually intend to shoot it.
i think ima watch this tonight or tomorrow such a good film.

The store keep never did say they were new, if I recall, only "Here is where I keep the best ones" or something to that affect.

I unironically think so

Keanu looks extra chinky in that image.

Maybe if you have ADD. Put down the monster.