Iran has shot down an American RQ-4 reconnaissance drone

Why are they flying drones over Iran? Iran is not Afghanistan or Iraq... they have actually decent AA capabilities.

rt.com/news/462255-iran-shot-drone-us-hormuz/

Attached: 1559344633407.jpg (834x630, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/k/search/filename/nakbaa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good.

Because it's literally free combat testing.

Because losing an RQ-4, while not great, really isn’t that big of a deal.

UAVs, yo

>how dare you shoot down our military aircraft spying on you in your airspace
I seriously hope the USA gets its ass kicked

>what is a spendex

Use up some cheap stuff to make an excuse to buy new stuff, user.

LOL OMG BURGERS BTFO AMERISHARTS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!

Did the US become the bad guy? When did that happen?

Attached: iran.jpg (666x666, 207K)

expensive bit of kit though

The 1860s

>Iran claims

Yeah... about that...

>$224 million down the drain
>implying the U.S didn't get their ass handed to them rightfully so

kek

>Yeah... about that...
also, back to plebbit.

Attached: 1535396996929.jpg (700x450, 15K)

>LOL it's just a $200 mil per unit
>who cares
>our taxpayers are just gulible goyims
>we will order new and twice as expensive drone

never change Burgerstan

Attached: 1524107337648.png (215x215, 114K)

First of all, the droned pictured there isn't even a Global Hawk.

Second, that pic is from a shootdown in Yemen in 2017.

Try harder next time.

First of all, doubt. Unless the Iranians release pictures or video showing parts. They have made claims before with zero backing to them.
Second of all, the Iranians are very quickly on the path to getting their shit slapped from the air. Where all their bullshitting about their latest & greatest tech won't matter when it's time for anything in their arsenal to be used.

>Because losing an RQ-4, while not great, really isn’t that big of a deal.
so what you're saying is...
losing an RQ-4 - not great; but not terrible?

Attached: dyatlov.jpg (1600x1600, 196K)

Someone remember the RQ-170 that was captured by a russian system and that the Obama gov tried to deny

Attached: 1524018587385.png (501x915, 353K)

>shooting down a drone
>getting your ass handed too you
Pick one. You know what’s really getting your ass handed to you? Facing enough sanctions that your unemployment has been stable at 12% for the past decade or so.

Or your military being so outdated they’re flying F-14s.

kek... at least RQ-4 isn't classified.

Attached: 1530208109057.jpg (600x418, 88K)

Seems legit.
I bet it was shot down by picrelated

Attached: A6217DA2-AA0B-4327-B643-AFCF76383372.jpg (1200x800, 160K)

i dont even think you need to go there, didn't iran already shoot down a drone ages ago and capture it so they could reverse engineer or am i remembering wrong?

Pretty much. Easily replaced and a more or less drop in the bucket. All things considered they’re probably more worried about bad press than the cost.

Because intel is worth the risk of losing a drone.

They managed to capture an RQ-170 relatively intact. It's too bad that the US was already moving on to the RQ-180 at that point.

Also, Israel just recently shot down one of Iran's drones that was reverse engineered from the RQ-170. They did such a bad job of copying it that Israel was tracking it the moment it took off from its airstrip.

yeah, that was Avtobaza that took it down.

Attached: 1544943161673.jpg (1200x900, 430K)

>Iran–U.S. RQ-170 incident

>dem pixel sizes

Attached: 1476856859146.jpg (666x660, 105K)

>such a bad job of copying it that israel was tracking it the moment it took off from its airstrip
sounds like they did a stellar job to me. israel knew exactly what to look for.

in all honestly they probably had the physical aspect down but everything else that is actually valuable was probably a bit hit/miss and you need all hits or you're wasting your time if you use it against anyone with a real military

>implying any hardware recovered by Iranians isn't jammed full of spyware so the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence closed computer systems aren't immediately compromised

Attached: mercwerk.jpg (1024x768, 84K)

Maybe a big deal for a country that was poor
lmao that’s a reaper that was shot down over Yemen.

> Capt. Bill Urban, a U.S. Central Command spokesman, declined to comment when asked if an American drone was shot down.
> However, he told The Associated Press: “There was no drone over Iranian territory.”

Shooting down a drown over their airspace would be justified, shooting it down over international waters or a similar area would just be yet another stupid move made by Iran in the past weeks.
Seems like only a matter of time until they do something really stupid that gets someone killed like down a crewed plane or sink a tanker.

we do not conduct aerial reconnaissance missions over soviet territory.

Which means that either Iran is making up BS like usual, or the shootdown was made outside its airspace.

If Iran did claim a shootdown of an RQ-4, then it being outside of Iranian airspace makes sense, since it's a HALE platform and not a deep penetration spy drone like the RQ-170 and RQ-180.

No Sir

Attached: RIAN_archive_35172_Powers_Wears_Special_Pressure_Suit.jpg (888x1024, 272K)

Good, your own fault for violating airspace mutts.

Or the drone was actually over Irans territory

Clearly a test of Iranian air defenses.

>ITT seething kikes and their boomer golem slaves

Imagine if they recover it and get to reverse-engineer

Attached: 1559975037616.png (600x450, 391K)

There’s zero proof a Global Hawk was even present, let alone shot down.

I mean, yeah. All we have to go on are just the word of two rival powers.

Still, an RQ-4 penetrating hostile airspace without support makes no sense. That's not a role they were designed for.

Attached: 8d221c34ca7c9472fbd1f534f22d8293d4329de998d85dc1bd884907b55cf5df.gif (300x148, 895K)

He's correct, you'd have to be delusional to think the drone had exploded.

In b4 angry muslim shills

>$224 million

That's more than 4 times what an F35 costs. Are you retarded?

Attached: file_0.png (1000x913, 938K)

When you took the muslim cock

>your unemployment has been stable at 12% for the past decade or so.

Hang on, you are describing France? Italy? Give me a clue

Did they shoot it down with this?

Attached: iranianmight.jpg (1024x720, 117K)

US sanctions are raping the Iranian economy far worse than that every day. Literal food riots in Iran now.

WTF is that?

If Iran is so strong, why did they get btfo so badly in Syria by goat farmers that Russia had to save them? And why don't they ever retaliate when Israel bombs them in Syria?

Attached: nakbaa.jpg (646x420, 69K)

Why an RQ-4?

how is this guy supposed to firing that thing without burning his dick off? is it a mortar system?

Right around the time a bunch of slave-owners committed a coup d'etat against rightful and benevolent British rule.

Attached: Life_05-22-1902.jpg (1117x1440, 316K)

What I'm interested to know is how they knew whatever they supposedly shot down was an RQ-4. Given the timing of their report, the shootdown would have happened in complete darkness.

Iranian super weapon alongside pic related.

Attached: 932874_orig.jpg (595x414, 99K)

desuarchive.org/k/search/filename/nakbaa/
yikes

half of this shit is just for propaganda purposes

do you have a license to post on Jow Forums?

because they're pussies

No, they used this

Attached: Iran.gif (300x229, 1.99M)

masons undermined the us shortly after independence was won

kek

>like half the founders of the country are freemasons
>"the masons totally undermined us after we got our independence guys"

Apparently that's the cost including R&D, unit cost is $131.4M.

How hard would it be to mount AGM-88 HARMs on an RQ-4? I'm assuming it'd take additional software and maybe some extra RWR hardware, but that's all I can imagine it'd need.

Delet dis

Don't think it'll be usable as a casus belli, but maybe that's enough of an excuse to blow up an oil refinery or something.

As soon as they hit a bump, the guy slips, hits his face on the twin potato gun.

>implying the people who used kids as minesweepers give a shit about some conscript's cock

Mobility for light infantry.

post proof amerishart. just face it your military is garbage full of diversity hires. America isn't the country you were taught to think it was. get over it

>Iranians using what looks like bootleg UCP
Good god, the least they could do is copy a not-shit camo pattern.

>casus belli
just played stellaris a few days ago and had to learn this term due to the game
and now this is my first time seeing it in the wild. small world

Total redesign since it doesn’t have any hardpoints

Odds are, the drone was shot down, but this pic is absolutely not from it. I remember seeing that a couple years ago.

America sucks. America is trash. I hate americans.

Learn how to use reverse image search

Ah. Why don't we have SEAD drones, anyway? Seems like a good idea, assuming you have a secure datalink.

USA HAS NUKES

when will iran intervene and stop them

So do we think it was genuinely in Iranian airspace?

>US military declined comment
>you infer the military is angry
Seeth more

this is not an argument. that absolute state of mutt IQ.

Hormozgan Province

Iran have literally the shittiest army in the ME, but the most dangerous thing and that keeping other countries frm invading it, is the North korean missiles they got (and rename them)

that butthurt
>because they're pussies
remember who was captured and then cried on TV?

>the shootdown was made outside its airspace
That's my guess. I'm sure that the US has been flying a shit ton of missions near, but not over, potential military buildups over the past week.

>iran baseless claims with no concrete proof
>"haha dumb stinky amerilards btfo"
>americans claim anything
>"probably lying to cover up your shitty military lol"
Euro Noguns doth ye seethe, yet?

>have literally the shittiest army in the ME

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png (2000x1333, 45K)

don't forget about pic related, you capitalist pig

Attached: 18mny8cchto6hjpg.jpg (1600x900, 197K)

>I seriously hope the USA gets its ass kicked
Sorry user, I suspect you're gonna be disappointed.

Attached: TheresNoAmericansInBaghdad.jpg (600x450, 37K)

What makes you think the US even tries to invade Iran, that the Iranian government wouldn't order nuclear missiles be launched at the invading carrier group? They're going to go down regardless, so why not?

RQ-4 was deliberately designed *not* to be capable of carrying any weapons at all.

This was to make certain countries' politicians feel better about letting us fly them from their bases.

Most citizens get tax refunds that meet or sometimes exceed what they contribute. It's the massive industry and trade taxes that keep the military machine spending.

Hehehe

I mean, given the fact that the US is refusing to comment, it's probably true that the drone was shot down. Not really a major deal except for the timing, though, as the Iranians have shot down US drones before.

these guys have shittiest personnels and tactics, but unironically Saudis have the best equipment in the ME

Attached: 1515480482202.jpg (800x557, 177K)

We've had Cause Belly on Iran since 1979. They've been killing our people from almost the very beginning.

What's ridiculous is how we've normalized letting countries get away with that kind of stuff.