Why should I want a revolver

Attached: 20039771.jpg (1500x964, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every reason why the police used them for so long, much more reliable, stronger calibers, more accurate (fixed barrel)

Because shooting them is fun.

Attached: 1548442225653.png (960x954, 905K)

You should want a black powder civil war era revolver for the fun of it. You shouldnt want a double action swing out revolver because theyre shit. Technology has moved on. And its proven by barely any company even being in that market.

you have posted maybe the most boomer gun of all time. has some claim to being the most powerful on the market, at the price of being extremely oversized, extremely expensive, having extremely overpriced ammunition, and being very nonportable. only utterly tasteless stooges and reddit people are attracted to it

get something good like pic related, see the threads on them.

Attached: z93meNe.jpg (1024x768, 203K)

Russian roulette!!!

Maybe the best aspect of a revolver is, while the police likes to call themselves "highly trained professionals", being practically completely foolproof.
Even a complete retard is able to operate a revolver sufficiently under stress, getting at least 5 or 6 rounds off without the risks of safeties or limpwristing.

The only thing police are highly trained at is being fat, ugly 80 IQ pieces of shit.

For the same reason your pic exists. You simply can't put a rifle power cartridge into a semi-auto frame without making it unwieldy as fuck. The Deagle is the only well-proliferated one that does it and it only does an ok job at it compared to even a somewhat powerful revolver.

Revolvers do more damage.
A cop only needs one shot with revolver ammunition to stop a criminal from getting away which is a lesson learned in the moro rebellion regarding stopping power. In contrast the military needs a higher volume of fire so they use automatic pistols as you are more likley to kill with follow up shots which is why the army corps teaches the mozambuiq drill whilst the US police force teaches to shoot for the knees. Also automatic rifles bullets are pointy whilst rolver ammunition is more blunt, this allows for bullets to get jammed in the legs (because of higher surface area) and thus stop criminals getting away as joints stop working from working as bullets jam. Intrestingly the Navy SEALs who act as the perimere international policeforce combine these two docrines and use highcalibre non pointy ammunition which has low recoil for follow up shots such as the M45A1 CQBP which fires .450 Nitro Express (somtimes called 45. ACP) and was used to kill binladen. Cops are now following the SEALs doctine as it is hyper effective at in house warfighting and counter criminal operations which the SEALs masterd from the Isralies when they helped suppress the terrist stronghold of the Gaza Strip (where Binladen was born).

More reliable for what you end up paying. A $300-$500 revolver is usually harder to break than a $300-$500 mag fed pistol. Usually. Not always.

Usually cheaper.

Bigger boolits

They're fun.

This is top fudd lore.

Because it's cool and the round is big, making a very loud a visceral sound when fired. Everyone who says otherwise is shilling for whatever gun is their favorite. For a civilian, it really doesn't matter what gun you own or what caliber you're firing, only that you have one. In an actual self-defense situation, it's highly unlikely that you will be able to reload; whether you have six rounds or 14 the shootout WILL end by the time you run out of bullets.

Of course, there are indeed pros and cons regarding revolvers, and yes, semis are generally better. But I'm wagering that you aren't a cop, part of a military, or a defense contractor, and so it really doesn't matter.

I sometimes do 'training' for the real basket case cops that can't hit their own arse with both hands and frankly, they sometimes fucking terrify me with their incompetence.
Mostly its just the job though, writing tickets, typing reports and general doughnut chewing that never sees them anywhere near a gun range unless they absolutely have to go, which by that stage their full of bad habits, even worse firearm safety and managed to completely forget 90% of what they're taught in the academy.

If I had to give the revolver credit for anything, its the ability to run any old shit ammo in them without an issue about its pressure levels, a misfire/light strike doesn't stop it working and there's generally less to get wrong about them. Ammo though is usually not an issue with modern production and materials, but it was back in the late blackpowder and early smokeless olde timey days when it was particularly fucky sometimes. So they sort of carried on that legacy of being 'reliable' for a long time.
You can still fuck up a revolver with physical abuse and lack of cleaning just as much as an automatic, but you've really got to try very hard.

If you a single action, you can intimidate other shooters by twirling it around your fingers and making cringy cat sounds. If they stand their ground, pull out a second one and dual-twirl them, but only attempt this when you're pretty good

Mastering the DA trigger will make you a better overall shooter.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

Attached: S&W King Super Target Triple Lock.jpg (4592x2108, 1.29M)

Only faggots and boomers buy X-Frames. They shoot them twice and then get tired of the recoil and cost of ammunition and sell them to other faggots and boomers. No one serious actually carries a five pound revolver for bear protection either.

Attached: fag.jpg (221x228, 20K)

No idea. Rubber Soul was better.

FOR THE A E S T H E T I C

Attached: wm_5717330.jpg (3264x2448, 1.18M)

This is funny. And true.

Because it's like autism you can shoot.
Same goes for leverguns.

Black bowder assault boolet

because they're fun

I
want
both

>more reliable
Fuck off retard. They're not more reliable, when they shit the bed, they really shit the bed. Not rare for people to slam the cylinder in, break the locking teeth (which is easy to do) have a free spinning cylinder. Go soend 5 mins on Google before making such a retarded post.1

I own both

Attached: 1510064902399.gif (322x322, 611K)

>Go soend 5 mins on Google

which calibers? and barrel lengths?

.22 6in, .357 5in, and .30-30 39in

You can carry them in super cool ankle holsters!

Attached: PIC005.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Because they're rad

Attached: IMG_20190524_202634986~2.jpg (3750x2085, 1.73M)

Long term carry though, you would need to put a piece of cloth under the top strap (or really long socks). Hmm I wonder if that's where the leg sock meme came from.

beautiful patina, jesus

Attached: 148607482151.jpg (1350x728, 238K)

Cheap revolvers are great. People that play around with hand loads probably figured out something that works well enough for whatever. If you want to do anything more than shooting more than a couple yards you grind up the sights to match a hand load.
If you just want a cheap thing they're probably going to go about the right place and break the thing.

Do you reload your own ammo and wish that picking up your brass wasn't such a hassel or skip out on range trips due to the extremely high probabiliy of losing your brass? Do you wish that you had a gun that worked exactly the same when you're dry firing it at home vs shooting live ammo? Do you like the idea of being able to reload everything from max loads to wax bullets with no powder while maintaining perfect function? Are you into the revolver aesthetic?

Attached: 1560927026103.gif (285x236, 1005K)

Revolvers are objectively more reliable than autoloaders. Every repeating firearm, especially automated ones, can have issues with feeding, ejection, and extraction. These issues simply don't exist in a firearm that has its chamber(s) loaded manually. Revolvers can malfunction, sure, but the changes of a revolver malfunctioning are both less likely than an autolader and mostly preventable by using good quality ammunition.

SP101 representing

Attached: Ruger SP101.jpg (4349x1821, 1.75M)

I love revolvers

I have a lot of them

I carry a 38 in each pocket

To look cool while having no advantages unless you can use them. Pic related is a bear blaster.

Real revolvers don't have muzzle brakes.

Attached: DSCF0326.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

Doesn't leave brass behind. Less "distinct" print if u carry. Ftf. Pull da again.

cuz fun and cuz you can

I wouldn't mind the X-frame if they also used it for normal calibers like .44 Magnum or .22 LR.
Imagine a Scandium-frame 7- or 8-shot .44 Mag or a 15-shot .22 LR with a long-ass barrel and literally no recoil because it weighs 6 lbs.

Why is there no revolver that can be suppressed besides the nagant 1895? Was the concept just not cool enough for everyone?

Attached: N0000.jpg (2833x1715, 178K)

Because Big Iron.

Attached: 45-70-revolver.jpg (700x423, 59K)

There's a percussion revolver with a vas seal like that. Never seen anyone try to suppress it tho, the caps would still be loud

Pros: reliable
Won’t get stuck if jammed into someones abdomen
Easier to conceal in general unless u go bigbois
Double action so no safety needed (this will be a con if youre an avg civiecuck Jow Forumschimp)

Cons: diluted black furred whiteoid fudds ruined it
Low capacity and slower reloads (though this can be prevented with practice)

Attached: F63F54A5-9299-4291-87A1-9300736B0703.jpg (800x616, 119K)

Your move, creep.

Attached: 500 Bear Survival Kit.jpg (446x400, 22K)

I actually own a gun though

Attached: DSCN9937.jpg (3264x2448, 1.67M)

Cause' they make the benis the big benis.

Attached: rsz_img_20190531_155233705_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 611K)

>Double action so no safety needed

You dummy.

Attached: homer.png (250x182, 73K)

>slower reloads (though this can be prevented with practice)
At any given level of practice, reloading a revolver will take 2-3 times as long as reloading an automatic, *and* you have to do it 2-3 times as often.
The only way a revolver can be competitive on reload times is if you're some kind of Miculek-tier USPSA Grandmaster revolver savant and you're competing against people who just bought their Glocks a week ago and have barely put enough rounds through them to know which end the bullets come out of.

Alaskanon is that you?