What’s your go to knife for killing bears, boars, and monsters?

What’s your go to knife for killing bears, boars, and monsters?

Attached: 5896A05E-88B8-450E-9CAD-A9B7914F0A16.jpg (425x241, 8K)

probably a spear not a knife

These bad boys

Attached: 232.jpg (500x375, 54K)

Ow my eyes

The color is so people and/or zombies and/or monsters see right away that they are really badass

It's called "pig catcher" for a reason. And, incidentally, one of the few (post-antiquity) examples of a leaf blade.

Attached: 826727_a.jpg (1200x649, 59K)

Aren't those for finishing off animals you shot?

Knives are for working, not killing things.

Killing is work

Done this, busse ASHBM is the answer.

Attached: IMG952263.jpg (640x480, 52K)

Going against a boar that hasn't been shot used to be a test of bravery. And it was done with a spear rather than a knive (or sword), for obvious reasons. Still, you want to kill it quickly, wounded or not. The shape is specifically made to cause a lot of bleeding once it has entered the body.

Attached: Praxis-Saufeder-Breitspitzen-.jpg (1024x768, 158K)

Spear hunting boars (without a bow) was done from horseback, with dogs, a hunting party, and a winged spear, dumbass. Take that fantasy viking larp shit elsewhere.

Does it glow when orcs are nearby?

I frequently take part in boar drives that can sometimes involve a lot of boar stabbing.
Pic related is quite similar to the knife I use.

Attached: Dolch-Hirschfaenger-Walnussholz-Griff-011.jpg (1300x847, 148K)

How does it work? You shoot them, then what? You stab them in the heart? Slit their throats? Or what?

Pretty gruesome stuff dude, what have those poor boars done to you?

Any knife will work the same

Attached: 13729199_1101232969939531_717782835334164746_n-700x445.jpg (700x445, 60K)

They tear up sod and farmland, and they are good eating. They also out of control population wise, its legal to hunt them year round. And if someone hits one of the fat dumb fuckers standing low in the middle of the road at night, its like crashing into a brick wall.

Attached: Ka-Bar_Hunting_Knife.jpg (425x389, 12K)

Attached: knife.jpg (450x450, 19K)

A boar drive usually takes place in a thickly forested area or on agricultural land with hedges and high crops such as rape or mustard.
It involves two groups: The shooters, who are positioned all around the area where the animals are expected and known game trails are, and the beaters/drivers with their dogs, who go through the brush making noise to drive the boars out for the shooters.
Usually the boars take off way before anyone reachers their lair, but there are some scenarios that involve boars digging in pretty bad and attacking people and dogs.
Since this is a pretty dangerous situation to use a gun in, due to the danger of fragments or stray bullets hitting a man or a dog, knives are often the weapon of choice for defending yourself and the dogs.
The easiest, most humane and quickest way of killing a boar with a knife is stabbing it in the heart and lungs from the side. Cutting the throat is not advised, since it doesn't incapacitate very quickly and thus also causes a lot of suffering.
These hunts are often the only way to keep the population on a scale that doesn't involve them causing massive agricultural damage.

>monsters
I read that too fast as "motorists". Doesn't help that I live in downstate NY.

Pic related to topic

Attached: Gator-Machete-w-Nylon-Sheath.jpg (1360x1015, 117K)

>>mall ninja summerfag

Attached: DSCN9466.jpg (3264x2448, 1.58M)

I heard the first "zombie knives" happened when one of the knife companies made a bunch of fluro green handled knives for first responders but they didn't want them because they decided on orange handles.
They had to think of a new way to market them.

Yeah maybe if you're not neanderthal-level trad AKA a bitch.

are you tired, user?

This, a KA-BAR isn’t designed to be used as a fighting knife. It’s primary purpose is as a general purpose utility knife.

the only thing i kill is cardboard boxes

Attached: NOMAD-Knife-Main.jpg (1080x1080, 1.43M)

fellow cardboard box killer, nice.

Yes, that is a winged spear I posted. And it was a test of bravery even with a company and dogs.
>It was traditional for the noble to dismount his horse once the boar was cornered and to finish it with a dagger. To increase the challenge, some hunters would commence their sport at the boars mating season, when the animals were more aggressive.
Christian central europe btw, not scandinavia. Although it's possible they did that too, in the places with wild boars anyway.

Attached: Sus_scrofa_range_map.jpg (1920x953, 180K)

Does anyone else own an old hickory knife?

I have heard there are flaws with how the handle material is attached to the tang. Did anyone else experience trouble with the old hickory handles?