>Chinese SKS
>mosin nagant
>priceless

>finnish mosin with hex receiver
>finnish svt-40's
>Lee Enfield MK1
>k98
Shit i even saw a bubba'ed vsg

At least that old man is trying to stay in shape.

yeah, better to get pt in on the way to chop a perfectly good rifle in half.

Yeah.

Attached: M-FUDD_Carbine_05-28-2019_A.jpg (1200x800, 802K)

Looks fun tho.

Yeah.

Attached: M-FUDD_Carbine_05-28-2019_barrel_date_&_manufacturer.jpg (884x1200, 462K)

Sporterization was an artifact of an age when milsurp rifles were way, WAY cheaper than commercial hunting rifles, so hacking one up into something approximating one was a cheap way to get a durr gun. That age is over - these days a hunting gun that absolutely blows the doors off any milsurp rifle performance-wise will be the same price or cheaper, so there’s literally no reason whatsoever to bubba a milsurp rifle anymore. That means it’s pretty much a dead practice.

So why don't you buy the 'surp and save it, S-oy?
Oh dats right, your a no funz, pussy whipped, basement dweller/ NEET

I actually like sporterized guns even though I hate the practice itself.

Shit, I really like that. I wonder how hard it would be to make a flush-fit mag.

And yet people still do it.

They are not priceless

Not really. I mean, certainly not on anything like the scale they used to even a few years ago.
Join us for another episode of “Jow Forums autists don’t understand how antiques work”.

That's actually really nice looking.

Let's see if you still give a shit when you're old. You'll probably be adding the latest polymer bullet receiver to your old as fuck AR15 and zoomers will be going apeshit over the sacrilege.

Attached: 1541643239271.png (400x397, 244K)

Sporterizing milsurp rifles is a fun hobby. I like working on old German guns from WW1 and WW2. They make great projects and once you take the war eagle off no one will know it was German.

i know this is bait but it still made me very angry.
good job i guess

no hes not running is the worst thing you can do to your body! He should smoke two packs of cigs over running

Attached: 1552176485301.png (500x603, 146K)

>They are not priceless

Attached: FULL RETARD.gif (518x400, 19K)

As long as it is quality work that wont destroy the price I am ok with it.
But 99.9% of sporterizations destroy the price by being retarded, ugly, useless. low quality etc.

Mannlicher stocks and anybody who likes them deserve the rope

>mannlicher stocked m1

Attached: index.jpg (201x251, 6K)

Yeah.

Attached: M-FUDD_Carbine_05-28-2019_B.jpg (1200x800, 802K)

Except here in leafland where every idiot thinks ATI/Tapco'd SKS's are the fucking coolest.

This is a lie. I recently bought a gun from a local gunsmith whose mission is to repair sporterized surp. He told me that hicks and boomers are 100% still throwing down money on surplus rifles to bubba and defile. He had a Luxembourg FN49 that had been hacked down to a carbine. At no point was the Lux Fn49 a cheap or common firearm. Additionally, I’ve seen M1 Garands at Cabelas that have had the entire sight structure milled off the receiver along with the front sight. The amount of work that was put into some of these was not cheap nor did it produce a better result than commercial products.

10/10
would small game hunt with

This is one of the rare occasions where whoever sporterized it actually has taste. Still not my thing, but I can appreciate a job well done.

>"sporterized"
>still has a full barrel-length stock
I'm okay with this.

If my mosin wasn't my first rifle I'd have sold it by now. It's more than tripled in value since I bought it

M1 carbine only has a half-length stock.

Attached: M-FUDD_Carbine_05-28-2019_rollmark_left.jpg (1200x800, 537K)

>3x75
Yeah, quite a priceless find. You could put your kids through college if you had held on to that.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 1903 for a project?

All boomers must hang

Attached: 20190621_071735-COLLAGE.jpg (1024x1024, 259K)

It isn’t dead just yet, there are still surps to be chopped and boomers too retarded to get a rifle that is not only cheaper but better than the rifles they are trying to chop. To add insult to injury they also make it look like shit 9 times out of 10.

>Anyone know where I can get a cheap 1903 for a project?

A mosin is not a historic artifact and when ten cajillion of them are identical, bubba’ing one affects nothing but your autism

Nobody sporterizes priceless artifacts. They weren't worth shit when they were sporterized. That's why people converted them.

problem is, dumbass bubbas see grandad's finely crafted sporter that was passed down to a more worthy family member and decide to make their own