Is there any advantage to using a pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun?

Is there any advantage to using a pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun?

Attached: Shotguns.jpg (900x484, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSGUR8udleQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MwyYNdcmfNk
youtu.be/iv8cByaVyNQ?t=1057
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can load anything in a pump and it will run no problem but semis might not take too well to lighter target and bird loads, also price

Pros:
More reliable with all load types
Lower cost

Cons:
Slower rate of fire
Can't be fired one handed more than once

Can you fucking slam fire a semi auto? Didn't think do

It's mostly a matter of cost, but there are certain types of shotgun rounds which simply won't cycle in a semi-auto because they don't have sufficient recoil, typically less-lethal rounds, or breaching rounds.

shotguns are worthless in modern war.

wouldn't that just be full auto?

Pumps do more damage but have a slower ROF while semi's shoot faster but do less damage per shot.

Attached: F4FD6AC1-2256-4530-BFB1-04A37BC7B30D.jpg (204x320, 20K)

can't rack the slide and scare off home intruders with a semiauto

Slam firing is just operating a larger trigger that you need to move alot farther.

>worthless

Just because something is less than ideal doesn't make it worthless you tard. If you're clearing a building and an insurgent blasts you from around the corner with a 12 gauge I doubt you'd be saying it was a worthless weapon.

Sure but they're essential survival guns.
Birds taste way better than squirrels.

This isn't about war you tard. You understand what's good in a civilian perspective is shit for combat and vice versa. Privately owning a F-14 while cool would be a bitch

Generally more reliable operation and you can use a wider variety of ammo.

Pumps are usually a lot cheaper than semi's and will do everything you need a shotgun to do outside of some very specific scenarios.

Attached: 1556356238010.png (500x501, 293K)

Why not both?

Attached: 20180812_195832.jpg (2576x1932, 1.25M)

You lucky fucker

exactly

Attached: Benelli_M3_Entry_new.jpg (1494x396, 94K)

>$188
>Maverick 88
>$190
>Winchester Model 59
I saved the extra $2 and went semi-auto. You can too.

you can't slamfire the vast majority of pumps either

do you know a semi that can load 25?

Attached: weaponsmart--3_3_5.jpg (3998x2665, 666K)

yeah
in my pants

I know one that can load 30, and it takes seconds to load 30 more.

Attached: 2578715.jpg (1919x608, 147K)

If you live in a cuck state and shoot a nigger who broke into your house with a pump action the judge/jury will look on you more favorably than if you use a saiga

This is just a bald-faced lie.

jam-o-matic

I'm not in a war you colossal faggot. I just like bird hunting,

my dick would be diamonds to see a full auto benelli m4

>Is there any advantage to using a pump shotgun over a semi-auto shotgun?
Not really other than cost if you compare quality to quality, like a Rem 870 to a Beretta 1301

Reliability is a meme with normal loads, semis have come a long way, you're gonna short-schuck a pump nearly often as you'll have a mechanical failure in a semi - more or less depending on your experience, composure, and posture (so kind of ironically pumps are comparatively better for more experienced shooters). Speaking of which, semis have the advantage of posture flexibility with follow ups.

Pumps will shoot whatever load you want at any time you want within their tolerances though (light loads, cut shells, wtf ever man they're down), so they'll always have a place, just like singles and side by sides to shoot literally whatever the fuck your silly brain can concoct.

Incorrect. Shotguns pose logistical issues that outweigh their benefits on a macro scale. Doesn't mean they somehow lost their advantages on a micro scale.

pumps are not for self-defense. they're slow and there's a good chance you'll shortstroke them in the heat of the battle.

semi all the way for self-defense!

youtube.com/watch?v=DSGUR8udleQ

Pumps are at a disadvantage because even with a lot of practice you're always chancing a malfunction under pressure

Attached: 1541692586475.jpg (558x640, 118K)

if a pump fucks up its user error
it can be remedied by brute force
if a semi fucks up its ammo or gun related
it cant be fixed right there right now

Paul Harrell did a good presentation on this.
youtube.com/watch?v=MwyYNdcmfNk

Attached: Paul Harrell.jpg (685x652, 38K)

Wrong-o-noguns

You can swap out the barrels easily for different purposes. So you can put a short security barrel on your shotgun to hike around with then throw on a long barrel with a choke for bird hunting or a rifled barrel for sabot slugs to make it into a rifle. They're also cheaper and easier to maintain.

Umm yes it can, you just have to pull the charging handle

>and easier to maintain
Sorry but my Benelli requires almost no maintenance and requires one trip of a bore snek to remove all fouling because of the all-chrome lined bolt and barrel.

Cost. Most important is it fits you.

Who needs to when needs slam fire faggotry on a couple pump models when you can reload while making shots with a semi. Can even shoot pussy loadings if you got a decent non gasop gun.

You can slam fire good shotguns. Bad shotguns (read: everything other than an Ithaca Model 37) cannot slam fire.

Is that seriously fucking real?

Attached: 200 rad.png (497x732, 487K)

i eat ass

semis cant cycle less lethal loads and other lighter powder charges and cost a lot more typically. other than that not much.

>war
mega tard
they have plenty of police and civilian applications

Generally cheaper, very marginally easier to maintain, don't have to worry about loads being too light to cycle the action.

Can't do that with a pump either.

came here to post this

t. Squirrel
Fuck off nut muncher, you taste delicious and you know it.

When the fuck would you EVER need to fire a shotgun one-handed more than once? Seriously, what kind of Rambo/Matrix fantasy-land do you live in? Do you think you're some kind of an action hero or something?

Yeah actually I am an action hero. AMA

how's summer break

yeah? post feet you tiny mammalian bastard

bruh if that's real please regale us with some more pics

>he doesn't know about the Miami 1986 shootout
A federal agent literally did this exact thing because he was shot in on arm and only had a pump shotgun. You think bad guys don't shoot back? What fantasy land do YOU live in?

youtu.be/iv8cByaVyNQ?t=1057

"Worthless in war"

Please explain to me why a versatile breaching tool, that doubles as a less lethal and utterly lethal weapon is useless in war. I presume this is bait, or you are 5 years old.

Yeh this is a fair point. A semi auto shotty could have saved a lot of pain.

What if one arm gets injured, or is carrying something, or is occupied opening doors, etc. It's a legitimate thought and incidents where people had to fire long guns one handed has happened before.

Now explain to the class how the fuck that makes any sense.

The joke went over your head. The other user was explaining how video games portray the differences between pump and semi shotguns as a humorous tongue and cheek contrast to op's more serious question.

Attached: Close Up Of Man Drinking Coffee In Front Of A Fireplace ___.jpg (852x480, 25K)

Sure why not.

Attached: 20190621_134257.jpg (2576x1932, 1.26M)

Should I buy one?
Or should I just recreate the chassis on a mossberg shotty?
I want something reliable and cool

If you want one, get one. They're cool pieces of action movie and video game history and an overall interesting piece of firearms technology. But make it's the one you want. As cool as the folding stock is, I like the fixed stock more. I found mine at an lgs for $1300 in exceptional condition. I've seen ones like mine go for $2k on gunbroker, but I've seen some online for less than $1k. If you can, look at in person before you buy it. A way to tell how much it's been used is by looking at the fore-end for wear from the pump being used. Also try to get one with the improved button safety already installed, the earlier switch safeties are notorious for causing negligent discharges. If everthing looks good, get it immediately, they fly off the shelves quick. Once you get it home, you're gonna want to check the recoil buffer by disassembling it. Spas 12 Project sells newly made ones for about $5 and they have videos detailing how to take it apart. It's surprisingly easy to completely take apart compared to a mossberg. Ammo can also be an issue, since it only likes to eat buckshot and slug loads, so no bulk pack birdshots out of it. I'd recommend only using semi auto, since the pump action was really only slapped on there for non lethal round compatibility to draw in the police market, and its mediocre at best. Semi auto runs just fine as long as you got the right ammo. It is not a soft shooting gun, but not as rough as a single shot with Turkey loads.

Attached: 20190621_135108.jpg (2576x1932, 1.29M)

Good details user
I might just make one out of a mossy 930 for simplicity and cost

Fair enough. There's also the LAW 12, a semi auto only version of the spas that's about $800 to $1100. Not as iconic as a spas but still made by franchi during the same era. Pic related

Attached: FRANCHI-LAW-12-PRE-BAN-COMBAT-SHOTGUN-8-1-ROUNDS-MINT-CONDITION_101087589_18376_7B78793CDB0823DD.jpg (2500x1673, 331K)

I'll post a few more pics

Attached: 20190621_134816.jpg (2576x1932, 1.28M)

Attached: 20190621_134918.jpg (2576x1932, 1.41M)

Attached: 20190621_141918.jpg (2576x1932, 1.48M)

That's all for now.

Attached: 20190621_135002.jpg (2576x1932, 1.08M)

Ithaca gang

No

Nigger how do you think you charge a semiauto?

Attached: 1560816074958.jpg (725x555, 221K)

Pump actions have longer range
Semis shoot faster
I prefer the 1887 akimbo

but how does one hang more drums on their kit?

Based get
I'm getting an trench shottie