AIM-260

airforcemag.com/Features/Pages/2019/June 2019/Air-Force-Developing-AMRAAM-Replacement-to-Counter-China.aspx

>The Air Force is developing a new air-to-air missile, dubbed the AIM-260, that offers longer range than Raytheon’s Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile and would be used to counter the Chinese PL-15 weapon.
>The weapon is initially planned to fly in the F-22’s main weapons bay and on the Navy’s F/A-18, with the F-35 to follow. Flight tests will begin in 2021 and initial operational capability is slated for 2022, Genatempo said.

So much for the Meteor.

Attached: lrew.jpg (1440x842, 67K)

>Flight tests will begin in 2021 and initial operational capability is slated for 2022
Fuck, the US is throwing a lot of missiles into service in the early 2020s. All that post Cold War research seems to have paid off.

>implying we need missiles
>not just making gook planes fall out of the sky via glow-nigger planted hardware vulnerabilities when the time comes
big wew, lad

So dawns the next 100 years of American air supremacy

>dawns
That would imply that it ever ended.

It feels good to be completely dominant in the air. No close peers whatsoever.

Well, we finally have a real reason to upgrade instead of just incremental advancements to stuff.

O rly?
Iran would like to have a word with you about that.

Attached: B357FD68-C2D2-4301-A497-092CA9D71FD8.jpg (1200x800, 160K)

I think I had one of those in a Cobra Commander fighter toy kit I got as a kid, what is the model?

God bless’em for trying.

I’m surprised you don’t know the nomenclature of the most advanced fighter in the skies
IAIO Qaher-313

Not if mutts keep being mutts

They should make a ground launched version. Chaparral 2: Electric Boogaloo fucking when

This.

Attached: A2AKills-A2ALosses-GroundFireLosses.png (2473x4847, 1.89M)

How long before China gets this because Israel sold it to them?

Just buy Meteor

>2 stage BVR AAMs

Attached: C278025E-4037-41FA-B1E6-388431D69B57.jpg (576x1024, 124K)

>counter PL-15
>counter 2016 tech in 2022
BTW the latest version is the PL-21 which has double the range of the PL-15.
At this rate mutts are gonna have the AIM-380 by 2030

Attached: happyimin.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

Ok Chaim

two stage A2A missile, what an age to be alive

i will be upset if this is anything other than a tiny amraam mounted on the end of a miniaturized mk72 booster

PL-21 is a giant missile meant to hit support aircraft, not fighters.

>Aircraft-mounted RIM-66 when

>the country of 300million with an average iq of 98 who started their rocketry research after abducting nazi scientists who are all now dead and had their research teams filled with diversity hires trying to make something to compete against a racially homogenous country of 1.3 billion and IQ of 105, who invented rocketry, aiming to make a missile to be produced in 2020 to counter something in 2016

Heh

What platform of vehicle should they mount it in?

The only difference being the american missle can target aircraft smaller than a 747

>China invented fireworks
>this makes them masters at modern rocketry

$10 says this poster is an unemployed australian

I remember this. Some keen anons noted the frane was fiberglass. Hilarious.
Also canards are for retards that can't design proper airframes.

Don't forget they showed off the cockpit and it was off-the-shelf civvie nav systems used in Cessnas and shit.

They should buy Meteor.

Why would the US buy a missile the AIM-260 will far outclass?

Americans have N-I-G-G-E-R-S.

>A missile that isn't even finalized yet, who has no requirements released yet, will definately outclass this other missile!
yeah and my dad will beat up your dad

>missile that replaces AIM-120D, a Meteor contemporary won't outclass Meteor

cope

The US will be a pseudo-third-world country without the internal social and political stability to maintain global hegemony within 30 years.

I hope Texas becomes the main power of the north American continent after that happens.

The Chinese can have the west coast from Vancouver down to California

Mexico is gonna take all of it actually

t. Increasingly nervous Ivan/Chang/Ahmed

America will be three politically distinct megacities in the future. Texas, California and the Eastern Seaboard. Nowhere near the same level of global hegemony, but still economic powerhouses in their own right.

They will try, Satan. The Tejanos alone would beat them back with the fury of God. Tejanos hate Mexicans even more than the Whites because "GOD DAMNIT I GOT IN HERE THE RIGHT WAY, THEY WILL GET IN THE RIGHT WAY OR THEY WILL GET IN IN A FUCKING BODYBAG! VIVA TEJAS! DEATH TO THE CARTELS!"

An AAA version of the Stryker or the back of a Humvee.

USA is far behind rocket technology.

>AIM-120D, a Meteor contemporary

You're deluded if you believe that. Try using both weapons in a tail chase or crossing engagement and see what happens.

How does it feel to know that Europe is so far ahead of everyone in the WVR and BVR department?

Attached: Irist_expo_mount.jpg (640x427, 86K)

Unironically 90% of Tejanos I've ever met hate illegals or want them to go back at least

>ramjet
>zero results

That's sad.

>when you compare Meteor to old AMRAAM-B and think that applies to AMRAAM-D

Enjoy having your Meteor shat on by EW.

Please post information that proves the D model has a better seeker than Meteor.

Meanwhile enjoy your non ramjet missile

>So much for the Meteor
Who knows we could still end up buying it if this missile doesn't meet parity with it. Shame we didn't end up with it, it'd increase NATO interoperability.

Thank you I will enjoy this dual pulse with thrust diverter missile that outranges Meteor.

If you are curious about how AMRAAM handles EW look up the EPIP upgrade.

The Meteor has the way superior no-escape zone. Like it's not even a competition.

>parity

You mean superiority, this is a missile intended to 'overmatch'.

To a missile with a monopulse rocket motor.

>being superior to an old missile

What are the chances it will be superior when it's the old missile, user?

Made me lol

>parity

Parity is a Eurofag's word. Americans choose O V E R M A T C H.

You've not proven anything

Sustainer motors still burn out long before ramjets.

So that 260 is some marketing attempt of trying to sell a upgrade as new missile?

Without scamjet there is also no ways of improving performance characteristics in a meaningful way.

It's American tradition to be inferior in missiles to other countries.

>You mean superiority, this is a missile intended to 'overmatch'.
No because that'd make no sense you retards.

>all solid rocket motors perform the same

Attached: neat (1).png (388x476, 723K)

Because?

>we should make weapons precisely equivalent to the enemy because war is about fair fights and we can't afford the good stuff

t. no American ever

>Who knows we could still end up buying it if this missile doesn't meet overmatch with it.

>equivalent to the enemy
Which enemy are we talking about here? Some country you don't like or a real enemy to America?

It makes no sense that this is an overmatch missile because Meteor exists? Meteor is not an AMRAAM-D sucessor.

Overmatching China's PL-15.

It's more like a Pheonix successor. Or more so a new missile entirely.

Holy fuck can you not read you third world shitter?

>it's literally in the article

You sound like the cringy Gripen marketing adverts, user. Sorry real life isn't Ace Combat.

You were not exactly clear on what you were trying to say in

>Qaher-313
and genuine cessna quality gauges

Attached: qaher.jpg (1599x1066, 404K)

Who is Robert Goddard?

Attached: 1549677010657.jpg (1280x904, 627K)

>BVR missile
>tail shot
are you actually retarded

This.

I have been calling that all the time. Including citing Gen. Carlisle saying that the AIM-120 series, including the D version became obsolete because of the PL-15. But mutts didn't want to believe it.

Now you have it. Apologize.

Based PL-15 making Murricunts sweat.

Attached: J-10C_PL-15.jpg (1100x680, 241K)

Is that a body kitted F16?

>Gen. Carlisle saying that the AIM-120 series, including the D version became obsolete because of the PL-15

.50 social credits have been deposited in your account for misrepresenting Carlisle's statement

>twice the size of an amraam
>not even twice the range

oof

Give these credits to the US Airforce, since they are saying that.

No they didn't.

Tell me when you land men on the moon

Where do you see that it is twice the range? The photo shows a AMRAAM sized missile. And it requires the US to design a completely new missile to match it. See OP.

Remember the PL-15 is from 2016, while the future AIM260 still only exists as ppt presentation.

perhaps, America was...BTFO?

*twice the size

They did.

See:
Cope harder

It’s very likely that the J-10 was based on or at least borrowed design elements from the Israeli Lavi, itself based on the F-16.

Attached: 10D6DDE1-32F2-4ED2-A8E1-F58F87F618F0.jpg (572x395, 28K)

I see an article that says the AMRAAM will be in production for nearly another decade, I'm not sure what you are seeing.

PL-15 is fatter and longer, if it was AIM-120 sized the J-20 could hold more than 4 internally.

Solid rockets are limited by size and chemistry. We aren't making new types.

If solid rockets were the answer the new missile wouldn't have a ramjet would it?

>If solid rockets were the answer the new missile wouldn't have a ramjet would it?

The AIM-260 doesn't have a ramjet.

Tell me when you can do it again

Artemis

Belkanization of US when?
and I meant Belkanization.

It's a two stage missile afaik

Tell me when you can do that without Germans.

I hope that we don't throw down with Iran. They have a really interesting culture that is wonderful in many ways and the people are some of the friendliest I have met. It would be a shame to destroy them all.

Its front because Europe actually does lead in a particular area of missile tech, commandingly, but you're too busy busting nuts on your mint condition sealed action figures and contemplating suicide to even know what that is.

Kill yourself, make your parents less ashamed