GUN RANGES

Does Jow Forums go to a gun range?
How much do you pay for it?
Any rules that piss you off?

Attached: 1544411682898.jpg (640x480, 87K)

>Yes
>Nothing
>No

lol this guy actually shoots his gun instead of fiddling with it and running around his house shooting at invisible targets

those rules can't be real

Where is that?

Attached: lube job.jpg (700x526, 268K)

>shoot at trash in desert 10 minutes from my house
>free.99
>federal gun laws and the monitoring device they put in my brain stem when I was born

This is satire, correct? I can't see how anybody could possibly justify a 30 sec delay between shots.

>Yes
>$23 for two people for an hour
>They only allow 1 shot per second, but I can understand that being indoor

>those rules can't be real
you havent been to a lot of ranges...

Attached: 1540576285122.jpg (720x736, 77K)

>yes
>standard day rate for the one I go to most is $20, can leave and come back in the same day
>no rapid fire

That being said, they generally let you shoot as fast as you can safely shoot to an extent. It's mostly a rule so that when retards get to the line and start pulling the trigger as fast as they can with the gun sideways, they can kick them out.

>yes
>200 per year
>no

>12 pistol bays with high berms on three sides
>300yd rifle range
>no RO, scan card for entry
>bring your own target stands or steel
>a few plate racks laying around, don't do stupid shit like shoot .308 at them

Yes
Get invited most of the time, otherwise only pay for my target.
No surplus ammo, white list caliber for "long range" (150m)
Half of the range is now 22 only.
Thank god for club and office politics so I can get a free pass.

Or it is in an area subjected to crazy conditional use requirements. Like the rural areas you city assholes move to because you like "the peace of the country" and then get mad at gunfire and rooster noises.

God that may be the most insufferable fudd shit I've ever read.

>no steel targets
>even on WMA ranges
>99% of the time a no-no on public ranges
>muh ricochet

>>$23 for two people for an hour
fuck, that's a lot of money!

whenever i can (am poor)
$10-15 all day
all rules piss me off

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE RULES WHY?
The only sensible ones are keeping the action open. and always point down range. ANd i'm counting that one as o e rule, not three.

Attached: yell.jpg (495x362, 30K)

I'm trying to set up a range in my backyard not due to rules but due to the people at the range.

>indoor range in commiefornia
>nothing because I’m friends with the owner
>the off chance that some ATF cuck arrests me for shooting my uncucked AR with 30 round mags
Such is life behind enemy lines.

It's an indoor membership range. I think I pay about $120 per year for unlimited use 7am to 10pm (noise laws). It is mostly only for pistols, with the max range being 30(ish) yards. The only rifles that are allowed are .17 HMR, .22s and pistol caliber rifles. Paper targets only.
The nice thing is that it is three minutes from my house.

Anyone have the one from around DFW where the AK47 isn't allowed?

>insufferable fudd shit
my money's on benchrest autists desu

Are you on the worst coast?

>no 22LR
???

>no 22 long rifles
This isn't a 22 long rifle, range safety officer. It's a 10/22, tee hee.

>Be me
>Go to abandoned open pit mine
>Shoot, explode shit, jerk off
>Never anyone else within 10 miles of me
Utah isn't good for much. But I found one good thing about it.

every one of these threads, i appreciate the clark county shooting complex more.

>it's practically 5.56!

I live near Knob Creek Gun Range we only have safety rules, not any of those Elmer Fudd hunter rules.

San Francisco?

I go to an indoor range that’s pretty chill. Most of the guys are younger and they don’t really care how you shoot as long as you don’t be a retard about. I can shoot fast and draw from holster. It’s in a big city, but I go right when they open during the week and most of the time I’m the only one on the range. I never go late afternoon or on the weekends that’s when it gets really busy.

I can also shoot any caliber.

As in Clark County, Washington?

Jesus Christ. Sometimes I get annoyed with my local range for doing edgy stuff that manages to get them in the national news (people got really ass mad over the Santa giving a kid an AR billboard they put up), but I'd gladly take that over what ever the fuck kind of range that is.

jesus christ, I get no .50 BMG because it's an anti-materiel cartridge that would severely fuck up shit not designed to survive it, but all the rest of that is some commie bullshit.

what about this rule bois?

Attached: 1533851218223.png (836x64, 20K)

>Yes
>$20 to Nothing
>Most
Honestly, fuck most ranges. Yeah, they're fine for the city, but the rural ranges I've seen with rules/related rules like the ones we see here are a waste of time, sometimes money. We spend enough on our weapons and ammo, so let us shoot at a pile of dirt or a bulletproof wall. A cucked/fudd Range Officer just worsens the experience.

Attached: 1548522114279.jpg (1024x1012, 129K)

Isn’t most ammo full metal jacket thought?

That has me fucked, too

Attached: bruh.gif (300x168, 791K)

Where's this range?

Check this shit out... Bailey's House of Guns in Houston TX

Attached: 1532193038390.png (1108x1244, 111K)

most pistol ammo and military calibers sure but not most ammo

Oh, also, i have to be a member of the NRA.

No, I'm pretty sure all the ranges around the Bay have better rules than that. Not always by a long shot, but I would hope that the fudds who came up with the rules in that picture would be ashamed that they're worse than the worst part of California.

>sometimes
>25 a year
>all gun laws

>yes
>$4
>no
Rules kinda reasonable like chamber flags in during ceasefire (They give you colored zip ties). no shooting produce (dont want flies), no mannequins, no TVs or computers, no ground targets closer than 15yds, steel targets must be at least @ 200yds.

Los Angeles Gun Club

Attached: 1555195586082.png (562x626, 29K)

Also, Can use pistols/rifles/shotguns but there's a few lanes designated for pistols only for some reason. They say "no rapid fire" but if you do the guy comes over the loudspeaker and says "slow it down a little" after a while. This is in NJ too.

Dude. Fuck that range.

>other ranges rules
I swear the guy who made this rule is going to be the 30 yard mark for me

nevada

I'd be pissed if I reloaded. Most rounds on the range are cheaper to buy from a new box anyway. However, if I went to this range shooting a rare obsolete cartridge, and they wouldn't let me take it back, not all rounds would be going down range.

no
I go in the middle of the forest and set up my own targets

Jej

This range sucks huge dick. It's a ton of ethnic teenagers and their chubby girlfriends, neither of whom have ever seen a firearm up close. It's unsafe, and the staff have resigned themselves to the nightly rodeo of having to corral all these low-IQ "isn't this a cute original Tinder date; let's be sure to get some good Instagrams with the guns!" half-wits waving muzzles literally everywhere. The ceiling is full of bullet holes.

>>>the off chance that some ATF cuck arrests me for shooting my uncucked AR with 30 round mags
I thought the ATF only enforced federal gun laws.

>this pleases the brass jew gods

Yes, two. One is a little two-bench 25/50y, other is a more typical 25/50/100/200.

Little one is free, bigger is $40 a year.

The little one doesn't allow shotguns but it's because the 80 year old who runs it is tired of the local inbred poverty cases showing up with their 12 gauges and obliterating the backboard over a few days of mindless magdumping. It's annoying but I sympathize. Bigger range has your usual bog-standard rules so no complaints.

Overall I've got a decent setup.

Attached: 20181230_144810.jpg (3264x1836, 1.57M)

Fair point, CA DOJ then.

Yes.
Nothing. I have a friend who takes me there as a guest.
I don't like wearing safety glasses. It's not like I'm going to wear them during the boogaloo. I live a hot, humid climate, where they fog up.

who the fuck goes to a shooting range for a tinder date
just go to your home and have sex you fucks stop beating around the bush

niggers ruin everything

>he doesn't use mobile dating apps to find the one to further his dynasty and empire
never gonna make it

look at the yelp, it's just asians

>test them at the shooting range to see if they're worthy

>carry pocket full of 5.56 brass
>shoot your seventy year old gun in some jap caliber all day
>shoot your 1890s era whatever all day
>practice with your kolibri or something
>sprinkle the 5.56 on the ground before you leave
Easy peasy

>who the fuck goes to a shooting range for a tinder date
texans

LOL WHAT FUCKED UP STATE IS THIS IN????!!!?!??!!

Reasonable

Utahfag as well, where do you shoot at? I’m in SLC

>no TVs or computers
why don't these people do it in their backyard is something i never understood

Holy crap. Shit like this makes me so happy I live in a state where you can just walk into the woods and shoot shit without stupid ranges.

>Mhmm.
>Nothing, it's provided by the state, completely free outdoor range.
>Nope, there is sometimes an old lady there but it's mostly run with an honor system, the actual rules aren't a big deal.

>Yes, tomorrow for three days in this balls ass fucking humidity and heat
>They pay me
>Yes. The fuck is the point of a god damn Kevlar helmet when we’re shooting 5.56 that would tear through it without pause. Any other rules the shit bag civilian contractor who’s given up on life can think of too (caveat being that, like, 5% of them are the coolest guys on earth)

$8/day, outside innadesert to 500yd, no water available on site. Rules are fine. It just seems like I always end up right next to some assclown magdumping from a SBR.

Boomers is why

Ain't need none of that military shit you'll blow a deer in half! Get you a 270 with some hunting bullets.

Or just dont fling the brass after every shot and put it away.
Or even better fling and pick it up as it is your property

Would you tolerate a restaurant that says leave all cash behind! No change allowed!

>Yes
>$20 for the day
>No
There rules seem pretty simple. No rifles past .223, no hand loads, you can keep your brass but don't try to sweep up other peoples w/o their permission. No rapid fire, no holster draws.

That last one seems kind of suck, but I understand. Too many stupid people shoot themselves when drawing/reholstering. Other than that not so bad I guess.

oh fuck that. You touch my brass, you're landing on your ass

Fudds are a cancer that must be expelled from this earth.

Attached: doom_paul_1.png (720x720, 907K)

"Get the fuck off of me, I bought these in freedom week. Also the ATF doesn't give a fuck about state specific laws. It would be Californian (Latino) law enforcement harassing you.

There is a 90% that range had some retard blat into his thigh after trying to do quickdraws from his Blackhawk holster and that's when they put the rule up. Honestly it's one of the more understandable limitations a range can put up.

>woman's handwriting
I didn't even read the rules and I'm already avoiding that place

Fine I'll just put .22 Long in my Henry then you fucking bastards.

Do it. Best thing I ever did.

My range just says to only pick up your own brass. Seems fair to me.

You in the discord? Hold up

Official Ute Minecraft Server
8khu4a

Look on the bright side, user. They're all going to die in another 15 years when Social Security goes bankrupt and there's nobody left to pay for their diabetes medicine.

1. Yes, a couple different ones
2. Outdoor one is $10 but is only open to the public on a couple days of the week
Indoor one is $25 but they're open pretty much all day every day
3. Not really, there's limits for how powerful of cartridges you can shoot at the indoor range but that's understandable considering they don't want people fucking up their bullet stop.

$600/year
The upside is that they allow pretty much anything and the ROs are super laid back unless you're doing something blatantly stupid.

I thought Califags had plausible deniability now after freedom-week? Just say they're grandfathered in and that you lost the receipt. They can't prove shit.

yes
$20 per lane hour which is fucking bullshit
only pistol calibers allowed

I wish I knew someone with land

Where's that from? I want to go in there with a hundred round drum mag and brass catch, mag dump once, then leave.

Nope, quarry Master race.

Attached: KIMG0248.jpg (4160x2340, 3.56M)

No irons allowed?!

Alternatively, the insurance company was like “you implement these rules and we’ll decrease your required payment”

I suspect that a lot of the dumber rules are a result of that

Is that the capital forest quarry?
1. Yes either the expensive indoor one thats close or about 2hr to blm land.
2. $25/hr for indoor. Blm is just the cost in gas, which usually ends up being more.
3. Have to cuck my guns with ca compliant shit when I go to the range. No rapid fire and no holster draw. I need to find a closer outdoor range.