Should I Be Concerned?

Note the chip in the hand guard. I am 99% certain this is not from banging it on anything.

Also given the chips on the ejection port, I'm assuming it's due to ejecting brass.

Should my rifle be ejecting brass that far forward, with that much force?

The rifle in question is Rock River CAR A4, it's about 15 years old, but not used very much.

Is this a sign of a problem?

Attached: IMG_3123.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

that's normal wear ?

how many rounds have you shot that thing ?

between 1000-1500

It sat for a good 5 years without being fired. I don't know if it's normal wear, that's what I'm trying to find out.

Your rifle is severely overgassed.
Brass should be flying toward 3-4 oclock relative to your rifle.

Your ar has terminal cancer. Three months left to life.

Shit! Is there a make a wish for ARs? I want to meet Captain America!

don't bother, he's a faggot who will try to take your gun away

this.

stop feeding it taco bell

>not realizing that whites have already put in more than enough work for jews to take their guns away

You must be the type of faggots who gets really upset when they get a small scratch on their work truck.

Whoever installed that RIS rail is an idiot.

its the WORST
then it looks cool after enough wear

I am the type of faggot that want's to make sure what appears to be only a scratch isn't something more

Details?

what does that have to do with an actor supporting grabbers?

Attached: ar-15 ejection.jpg (662x687, 68K)

Thank you!

One last question, my knee jerk reaction is over gassed = rifle blows up in my hand. Am I correct in this assumption?

The mounting screws are fucked up; Short ones go on the bottom. Nothing should be protruding from the bolt-up plate like shown on your rifle.

this is completely normal

Attached: 1547326770577.jpg (1960x1432, 1.47M)

extremely unlikely

It looks fuck op, send it to me and I’ll dispose of it fun free of charge.

put my two cents in before reading the thread. Is there any actual harm in your rifle being overgassed or does it just cause nicks on the upper?

Overgassed =
More wear and tear on your bolt
More gas residue deposited into your upper
Possible problems with feeding because the bolt is moving rearward faster and than the magazine spring can feed rounds
Possible problems with last round bolt hold open because the bolt is moving rearward and bouncing back too fast for the bolt catch
Harsher recoil impulse from faster bolt movement
Rounds ejecting forward and denting the handguard like you've seen there

+Ability to cycle underloaded ammo better because it lets more gas into the system for cycling

If you don't have any feeding or bolt hold problems and the denting is your only symptom, then the only other problem is increased bolt wear and a dirtier upper.

For what it's worth, all military M4s are overgassed.
It's "normal", but generally not desirable.

your gun is beating the shit out of itself more than normal so internal parts will wear out faster

OK, I'm glad to hear that is all. I did notice this when I noticed the dings.

I got what I paid for, lesson learned.

It'll still probably last longer than you will.