Anyone own a Henry AR7 here? How does it hold up after long-term use?

Anyone own a Henry AR7 here? How does it hold up after long-term use?

Attached: ar7.jpg (2000x1333, 2.57M)

I do. I might be the only person in the world who likes it more than the 10/22.

I've had mine for a couple years and put 1000+ rounds through it. I bought a second, all-steel barrel for it from ar-7.com so I didn't put too much wear and tear on the original barrel. So far it's holding up great.

Mine's picky about cheap ammo, but as long as I feed it CCI Mini-Mags or Winchester Super-X it runs perfectly reliably.

Attached: ar7andk.jpg (1818x3284, 1.06M)

What's the original barrel made of? Aluminum with a steel-lined bore? How do you find the accuracy?

Seems like a neat gun for camping/hiking

i did not like it enough to shoot more then 20 rounds though it. you might be the authority on this.

I love the hell out of mine. I even bought extra magazines for it. I legitimately take it everywhere and have taken a fair share of squirrels.

I think the biggest problem people have with the ar7 is picky with ammo, puny aperture sight and rifle is offset to one side. Other than that its a nifty little rifle i guess.

The original barrel is plastic with a steel liner. The second one I bought is all steel.

So are the sights shit or what? Do they not align properly?

They’re fine for what they are. It’s not a sniper rifle. You’ll get Minute of Rabbit out of it if you’re hungry, and that’s really all you need.

I had one my uncle gave me in the early 80's and I've since given it to his great-grandson just last year. He said he had bought it in the early 60's, it's always run reliably for us but we are fanatical about maintenance .I've heard the charter arms version is less reliable. Get a 10/22 takedown

I wouldn't mind one. Stick it in a case in the back of muh truck if I need the little bitch.

If you care to watch the Hickock video of it, he's super accurate with it. Always hitting the plates and the gong. So it's pretty accurate up to 100m.

It's my go to firearm for camping in wet conditions. Never had a hang up with it regardless of ammo choice (guess I lucked out and got a unicorn). Do not regret buying it and if I break it I see myself buying another one

Attached: KIMG0611.jpg (4160x2340, 2.57M)

>I might be the only person in the world who likes it more than the 10/22.

I love AR-7s. I'd rather have one than virtually any other 22. They're an insanely fun gun to shoot. Only other 22 that I put in the same category is the Golden Boy. The 10/22 is objectively the better rifle, but it's not anywhere near as cool.

Junk.

With the advent of the take down 10/22 and backpacker stock it’s only gimmick is gone.

Even then the Marlin Papoose was a better gun as well.
Also lol at the guy you thinks a 1k of 22 is a lot I shoot a brick or two every time I take a 22 anywhere.

I've had one got about 25 years now. I have put somewhere between 35 and 40 thousand rounds through it. Like a couple other posters mentioned, it only functioned reliably with CCI mini mags or Super X, although I still had failure to fire with Winchester in the early 2000s because the ammo was garbage back then. I haven't shot it in a while, I mostly shoot shotguns now. I have heard that quality control for the older ones was all or nothing, you either got complete junk or masterful craftsmanship. My dad had one the same age as mine, he got one of the junk ones. It malfuntioned more than it fired- failure to feed, light primer strikes, failure to eject, if it could happen it did. He sold it pretty quick.

nice harvest, you killed a lot of logs with it. How do you prepare your log? Any good recipes

I'll confirm that Winchester still doesn't cycle well with the AR7. Bought a bunch discounted thinking I had gotten a good deal but turned out it was marked down for a reason

>I do. I might be the only person in the world who likes it more than the 10/22.
y tho

Attached: peakperformance.jpg (2048x1536, 790K)

Is that an aftermarket magazine?

Fire good seasoning for log

No it's a factory that I spray painted orange so that it's harder to lose during innawoods use

Attached: IMG_20190606_193919.jpg (4160x2340, 3.4M)

In certain circumstances I prefer it too. It's lighter and water proof which makes it a great choice for camping in wet months and the floating abilities makes it the best choice for hobbies on water like kayaking.

I’m the other guy that likes my AR7 more than my 10/22

Attached: C73F84C9-CD0A-43F7-8629-8D878F4490E4.jpg (4032x3024, 1.61M)

Owned an original ar7. Bought it used. Fired less than 400rds. Used in back pack fashion for 5 years or so. Pretty accurate. I ate at least 10 rabbits and squirrels thanks to it. Can't speak to Henry's. Overall pretty decent cheap tool.

Same guy.

I'd probably pick a 7 over a 10/22. Less complicated and a lot lighter.

it seems black and white. people either hate them or absolute love them. most guns are like this. i plan getting one just for the fuck of it.

>Wear
>22lr barrel.
Nigger they will last forever.

Attached: 1556746079009.jpg (258x245, 12K)