What you think of carry handles and bayonets?

I'm building a midlength with a carry handle and okc m7 bayonet. What do you guys think about them? I like the old school asthetic of them plus I think charging down your attackers with a bayonet would be pretty epic.

Attached: ars_w_m9s.jpg (500x285, 47K)

If that's what you like then go with it.
It's legitimately adult Legos.

Carry handles never made sense to me. Even before the advent of slings if you were tired then resting it vertical on your shoulder (marching form) would have been the preferred method, not hanging down horizontal and muzzling the room / poking everyone with your bayonet. Or just cradling it in both arms.

Then they invented slings and carry handles became really stupid.

>Carry handles invented prior to slings or nah?

Carry handles are aesthetic as hell, but there's not much point, especially if you have a sling.

I use the carry handle on my FAL a lot.

I've got mlok free float setups with lpvo and red dots etc already I just wanted something old-school for the collection.

I can't think of many reasons not to have a bayonet or carry handle equal in height to your irons.

That's cool. Im considering something similar with an AR since I have my tacticool ones already.

Eugene Stoner explains that the AR carry handles are for vehicle travel, mount, and dismount.

why midlength? you won't find any handguards for a ar with a fixed front sight block with midlength gas

I want to see a carry handle with a free float

I like 16" and midlength is good for me. I'll probably just keep the standard furniture on it but I have a set of wooden furniture I'm eyeing potentially.

Attached: 560_midlengthCropped.jpg (560x291, 31K)

I pieced together an old A2 with a cheap PSA middy. No extra long barrel sticking past the gas block and pretty durable sights without spending extra cash. Also, bayonet can be used but I never put them on obviously. I like them.

I think you are confusing mid length with carbine length

No I'm not I own an m4 clone of each length.

Here's my bayonet it's an Ontario knife company m7 bayonet.

Attached: Screenshot_20190620-203539~2.png (1312x1519, 1.89M)

Here's the carbine length wooden handguard

Attached: 560_CarbineTriCloseup.jpg (560x420, 47K)

Vs midsized

Attached: 560_MidSideGuard.jpg (560x420, 44K)

carry handles aren't that useful but have cool looks. m16s are my favorite looking guns, about as American as a gun can look besides 1911's and many revolvers. a carry handle changes the look of a gun a lot.

okay but an m7 bayonet will not fit on a 16 inch barrel with mid length gas

I understood that 14.5 and carbine gas work for bayonet as well as 16ā€ and mid gas, 20ā€ and rifle

thats wrong
fucking mid length exist cause of bayonets

16inch carbine is the one that doesn't work

this is correct. you can put it on a 16" carbine but it doesn't secure properly and the blade is set back a little too far for practical use. 16" midsize is perfect.

dey good

Attached: stabby.jpg (1280x960, 248K)

Iā€™m gonna take a Windham I got, slap on a proper carry handle upper and cram in a burst FCG for a proper A2 clone for maximum ā€˜80s.

Attached: 123605B0-E0A0-491A-923A-5BE0FC69ABC4.jpg (1366x1026, 225K)

>m9 bayonets

fail

Attached: IMG_1102.jpg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

Fits on my bravo company 16" mid just fine

Dude, why do you keep trying to give advice when you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about?

if its what you dig, then fuck everyone but the final six.

I still want to build one myself. even my uberzomer nephews think its the best looking AR. I'm more of a MK12/SOPMOD block 2/MK18 man myself.

just get a really visible front sight post. theres a tritium triangle front sight post I would like to buy once I get the rest of my shit done first.