Global Hawk

>not stealthy
>not fast
>not that high flying
>can't fight
Can someone explain why this glorified RC plane costs $245 MILLION DOLLARS??

Attached: 1024px-Global_Hawk_1.jpg (1024x671, 114K)

This is, what, the 4th time you’ve posted this?

going to go out on a limb here and say that includes the satellites to run it

ps only a stone cold retard thinks a war in Iran is a good idea

>ps only a stone cold retard thinks a war in Iran is a good idea
worked out fine the first time.

>>not that high flying
It flys at 60,000 feet what do you want user?

Because it has expensive spy shit in it

it doesn't. it was just a number to get the people angry at iran

>60,000 feet
That's cute.

>Because it has expensive spy shit in it
You think a carved piece of glass should cost hundreds of millions of dollars?

Attached: alos4_main_001.jpg (480x320, 47K)

its presence forces our enemies to use their weapons. Which reveals their locations

So does this, and it's 1/10th the cost.

Attached: MQ-9_Reaper_UAV_(cropped).jpg (3022x1986, 1.63M)

>You think a carved piece of glass should cost hundreds of millions of dollars?
Should? No.
Does? Yes

>talks about flying
>posts sat
>bitches about cost
>posts sat

laughable.

Attached: miss-the-point.png (400x400, 1K)

propellor driven though. You gotta respect the technological advances and the ability of the GH to linger over a target for longer periods of time.

Au contraire.

Because it's full of very expensive equipment we don't generally expect to get shot down? Are you fucking dumb?

I used to work for Northrup Gruuman at one of their laser crystal growing/fabricating facilities
Lets just say that it is a motherfucking job to grow crystals, shape them , grind and polish them to be flawless on the scale that is needed for these operations.
Something a Chinese chink gook or a muzzy sand nigger could never be capable of.

Attached: Nd-YAG_Crystal_by_MSE_Supplies_large.jpg (479x321, 16K)

it's a U-2 that can stay up longer with more modern sensors.

and it's expensive because of its impressive sensor package

>You think a carved piece of glass should cost hundreds of millions of dollars?

It has a very high-resolution ground looking radar. like the jstars but modern.

Grind and polish my brown foreign cock

EISS enables Global Hawk to scan large geographic areas and produce outstanding high-resolution reconnaissance imagery. To provide Global Hawk with its broad sensing, night vision and radar detection capabilities, EISS combines a cloud-penetrating synthetic aperture radar (SAR) antenna with a ground moving target indicator (GMTI), a high resolution electro-optical (EO) digital camera and an infrared (IR) sensor. A common signal processor, acting as an airborne super-computer, ensures that all elements work together.

Complementing Raytheon's powerful sensors, multi-INT enhancements are available to supplement the aircraft's already superior electronics. These include communications, signals, and electronics intelligence capabilities (COMINT, SIGINT, ELINT) that increase the aircraft's mission adaptability.

I watched the movie Congo the other day. They had an army of gorillas protecting a diamond mine. Supposedly, these diamonds powered a laser.

>army of gorillas
I was going to assume you meant guerrillas, but then I realized you were talking about the Congo.

Hey, there’s no need to talk like that.
Just because they’re dumb, ugly and speak only in grunts doesn’t make those fine upstanding African gentlemen any less human than you or I.

Attached: raugh.gif (218x218, 1.5M)

I mean, I was referring to literal, trained gorillas. I saw a video of a monkey firing an AK once. I’m sure gorillas can do the same with enough training.

>Something a Chinese chink gook or a muzzy sand nigger could never be capable of.
lol'd fucking hard. what you're doing is literally someone who's illiterate can do.

> ARGUS-IS
> Constant Hawk
> HISAR
> MFAS AESA

>Taking 5mm SAR maps from 60k feet through clouds.

>Unit price includes lifetime crew, maintenance, and spare parts.

>Why is it $245m?????

Attached: Las-vegas-SAR-image-702x336.jpg (702x336, 93K)

Stop being racist.

Is that image supposed to be public, user?

Why not?

It's an airbus SAR unit called "“TerraSAR-X" mounted to satellites.

It has less resolution than the Global Hawk's MFAS radar.

I just didn’t realize we had that kind of resolution. I’m impressed.

Checked and also SAR always seemed like magic to me, fucking incredible

3mm SAR image of people laying down.

Attached: 1471517389823_JB-2015-ET-StankoPalmBild2.jpg (1440x720, 426K)

Welp, my mind is blown.

FLIR is getting pretty good. Don't even need SAR for most applications these days. I've got experience with the new SAFIRE 380. Pic is from nearly 11 miles out.

Attached: flir1 - Copy.jpg (2550x1436, 1.26M)

And that photo is shitty. It's from the SDI out to the monitor, which has a thumb-drive dump slot. It quickly compresses the footage, so it's not the highest quality when viewed on a PC.

>Chinese chink gook
>could never be capable of
Yeah right, you'd be an idiot to believe that

hahahahah allah ho akbar may iran smash the dirty prairie coons hahaahaha btw trump is shitting his pants trying to make excuses hehehe