Rheinmetall mission master

Oh boy here we go

youtube.com/watch?v=ctPLPR-QzyM

defenceweb.co.za/featured/rocket-launching-rheinmetall-unmanned-ground-vehicle-qualified-at-overberg/

Thoughts?
Seems gimmicky. Do they want to send this on patrols? I mean sure, having some light artillery at hand seems neat but isn't that task already covered by the actual artillery, helicopters or a drone from some miles away?
Better yet: Why not just take an APC to carry your ammo AND you in the first place while also offering protection and more powerful weapon systems?
I really don't see the purpose of this.
Also:
>Comments disabled for this video

Attached: sdvgsg.jpg (800x445, 69K)

It's not gimmicky, better suited for foot patrols across terrain. More stowage for grunts and easier form factor for both air, ship (landing craft) or attached, internally carried by apcs. with 8x8 wheels pretty redudndant as it can keep driving losing some wheels and amphibious.

Attached: 0 (20).jpg (960x640, 112K)

>ripple fire unguided spray of rockets across 2 degrees of arc because bouncy tires

Not how to use it. Aimed and single shots might be cool.

>but isn't that task already covered by the actual artillery, helicopters or a drone from some miles away?
Sure when you have those things around but then the helicopter needs to refuel, the only drone you had was diverted to another area and the artillery is unable to hit your target because it is on a nested on the side of a mountain.

>south africans are building alien looking weapons again

How is this better than a normal APC?

You dont take an APC on a foot patrol.
Those are in fact things we still do.

Can they make a AT/AA version with rockets at the side for manual reloads and a small drone for indirect fire at Tanks with a MILAN ?

BTW, I hate germans

Attached: 207d4fb4ddaa404545ddd825ec5d1ff3-imagejpeg.jpg (360x240, 13K)

That's just slightly bulkier than a normal APC, and you still can't use it in a deep forest or on a mountain, so what's the point?

The new MILAN has a option for a camara supported warhead. Imagine using that fucker to drive 2000yards near the tank and use a VR to kill it without being in direct view :3

Attached: zd2BOhh.gif (376x243, 2.57M)

looks like a good replacement for mortars to me.
its like a mini MLRS. but with 80mm mortar sized rockets. a MLMS. and it carries all its ammo. seems useful in certain types of terrain.

>That's just slightly bulkier
Less bulky*

Just how small apcs does your country operate?

Attached: MMUGV-S_Seite.jpg (750x500, 451K)

Attached: MM_05.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

Now we're getting places

Attached: MM_04.jpg (1024x734, 94K)

Attached: Eurosatory_2018_Rheinmetall_launches_its_Mission_Master_Cargo_Unmanned_Ground_Vehicle_925_001.jpg (925x617, 185K)

I would run up to that thing and shit all over the optics, g*rmans dig some good scat fetish.

Well now we're talking!

100% Wiesel tank only my friend.

this

Attached: honk.jpg (1657x921, 352K)

I never realized that he's putting his eye directly on the scope, fuck I hate that movie more and more

oh my god he is. sweet Jesus, he probably wasn't even shot, the recoil just hadn't gotten to him yet

Rubber eye piece

With that size and weight, they could use it as a vehicle for the squad, too, like all those small vehicles used by paratroopers. Just add an autnomous driving pack to one so once the squad disembarks, the vehicle can be used as a remote weapon platform.
Pic related, is a spanish one, although i must say that mechanich mules are nowadays bigger than ever

Attached: mula-mecnica-ejrcito-espaol.jpg (700x525, 111K)

What a surprise. Yet again, Stargate SG-1 was right all along.

Attached: stargate MALP.jpg (1100x618, 148K)

I mean is there anything that this bastards haven't copied from this sci-fi masterpiece?

Attached: sg-1.jpg (400x225, 54K)

>I really don't see the purpose of this.

me neither, except as a way of testing concepts and systems that you could then build into a different vehicle that would actually be useful. that might be what's going on here.

basically we've gone full circle back to the fucking bren gun carrier from ww2, which was arguably the first proper APC despite lacking a roof.

Attached: boys-rifle-armed-bren-gun-carrier.jpg (650x469, 71K)