*handles .357 magnum better than other revolvers handle .38 special +P*

*handles .357 magnum better than other revolvers handle .38 special +P*
Basically Jow Forums was wrong again

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/guns/comments/4y8nm0/chiappa_200ds_explodes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8
youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>listening to Jow Forums

Attached: 1445637118007.jpg (339x358, 32K)

Enjoy your meme barrel pipe bomb.

Why the fuck do you listen to people on a Vietnamese basket-weaving BBS?

But this tho

As far as i'm aware it's the only 357 that has an aluminum frame and that makes me very nervous

You don't know much about revolvers, do you? Ever hear of a scandium airlight?

Attached: 1558470927832.jpg (4320x2432, 3.67M)

It should

Attached: rhino-kaboom-660x526.jpg (660x526, 69K)

And not a single proof was posted

Are you retarded?

Attached: svuigwfqpxo21.webm (480x270, 1M)

Wow, you must really be terrified of ARs then

This
Jow Forums is literally just underage nogunz and butthurt europeans
Why would you waste brainpower even acknowledging anything you read on here?

Not much of a difference really. Another one of those `looks good on high speed, doesn't matter in reality" things.

>if you don't watch the youtubers I watch, that makes you retarded
Nice.

Jow Forums is 90% fudd lore, 25% nogunz and 50% justification for paying too much for meme of the week.

Luckily S&Ws scandimeme patent is soon to expire (FUCK IP law) so Ruger and others can put it to much better use.

Attached: SW586vRhino_zpseve0wavu.webm (500x500, 952K)

follow up shots matter. not that you even shoot or own guns

>hear of a scandium airlight?

Attached: 44kaboom01.jpg (600x339, 63K)

I will say I absolutely love mine. Most people on here have said the same. The ones that don't always bring up the cases of people hand loading too much or not noticing squibs. Pretty much same thing with every gun, if you're stupid with it you can get hurt pretty easily

Attached: wimpywimpywimpy.jpg (648x435, 115K)

Attached: beefybeefybeefy.png (1309x847, 2.3M)

>fewer parts than S&W too
Thanks for pointing that out

Not only do I shoot guns every weekend but I have far more experience shooting revolvers than you do. .357 out of a short barrel is going to give you trouble lining up a follow up shot no matter if you think there’s less recoil there. It’s not pleasing no matter what you’re shooting.

Attached: D84D7DC2-1399-4442-9E88-813762614C31.jpg (4032x3024, 3.82M)

>muh lotsa pieces bad!
Following this logic an He-51 should be better than an F-22

Could I pocket carry one of these?

You can pocket carry anything if your pockets are big enough.

And there is probably a story of a shit handloader behind this picture that threw too much powder into the case or used rifle powder. Failures without context means jack shit. I could google thousands of images of an exploded AR and it doesnt mean they are shit.

>used rifle powder
yeah, no.

I'm posting with my phone so I didn't get the text included. This is a frien d of a friend occurrence. This is what they told me: New gun and factory ammo at the range. They fired approximately 70 rounds when this happened. It blew the pad off his index finger. They just finished reconstructive surgery. I'm assuming it was caused by a squib. I'll post more when I learn more.

reddit.com/r/guns/comments/4y8nm0/chiappa_200ds_explodes/

>bolt locks into steel barrel
>action is gas operated
Not comparable.

>explodes because Turkish shit

lawl my 6inch ruger gp100 handled .357 mag better ten anything,

When they make the frame out of steel as well, I’ll buy one

If their reduction in felt recoil is so great even as a lightweight gun and the big hangup many people have is the alloy frame, why have they not just make a steel version?

But it is

Not the guy you're responding to, but the more mechanical links between your input and your output, the more losses you have. In Jow Forums terms, the more parts in your trigger = worse trigger pull

...in theory

Uhh, they do. It was already posted in this thread.

no, they don't. The frame is aluminum. The breech shield and internals are steel.

Aluminum is much much cheaper to machine and they're already expensive revolvers.

>laughs in investment casting

Attached: Ruger.jpg (1000x700, 97K)

>Basically Jow Forums was wrong again

Attached: 1551720364431.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

How's the recoil on that? I hear snub nose revolvers are great wrist breakers

See

Because Ruger stakes their entire company on casting. For any other manufacturer, steel is going to be more expensive.

>trusting a gun company that makes guns that explode and delete people's trigger fingers
>trusting a gun company that claims in advertisements that their revolver is the first one to fire from the 6'o'clock bore position
>trusting the gun company that took Emilio Ghisoni's work and pissed on it
>trusting a gun company that makes their revolver frames out of aluminum
>trusting a gun company that builds a revolver with a 2 inch barrel and then welds another length of barrel on to make a new model

Fuck every single thing about Chiappa and fuck you viral marketers. We've already known about the virtues of a low bore axis for decades.

Are you surprised? This place of full of retards and deer fuckers, not genuine advice. But I won't but one until they make a steel frame. I like the rhino especially since I'm a sucker for the double action trigger on it (it has that perfect police/detective gun feel), but aluminum belongs in mags and not receivers

Why would you put .357 in a snubnose anyway?

Stoppin powah in a smaller package. Arguably better to shoot hidden inside clothes than a Glock or other autoloading pistol

So you either keep your gun loose rattling around your windbreakers pocket or in a holster. It's preference really.

They're not even CLOSE to being the same thing.

I mean one is more secure while the other allows faster use. Really it depends on your outlook on life and if you think you have enough time to pull it from a holster and if you're willing to run the risk of your gun falling out

So much this. Would buy a steel version in a heart beat.

Agreed. Or maybe some other materials for variety

>basically the only known picture of a rhino critical malfunction ever

>they've only sold like 2000 guns

1 major fuck up out of a few thousand are some good odds comparatively even if there's a chance that it's a user made failure

Nice pic of your uncles gats, noguns

this vs kimber k6s? nothing else compares specwise.

Attached: k6s_sts3in_main_503x505a.png (503x505, 63K)

if it were a critical flaw we'd have heard of more incidents, this is either a squib or similar malfunction or a one-off black swan that could happen to nearly any gun- so far as we know

What exactly do you find comparable between only those two guns and that nothing else?

>Stoppin powah
Which you lose out on with it being in a snub nose.

Brother!

Attached: 20190331_184032.jpg (1985x1984, 1M)

I want a longer barrel version, just to get that next generation cyberpunk enforcer feel

small snub nose 357s with 6 rounds that are comfortable to shoot

>feeling the need to defend yourself
Righto Mr Navy Seal Sniper.

It's pretty impressive that Ruger manages to cast so effectively

Here’s your (you). Why don’t you post a pic of your guns?

Attached: C6463559-B1E0-4410-BD37-CA23DFF1D029.jpg (1334x750, 300K)

>Every MR73 is match grade accurate, shipped with its own factory test target fired at 25 meters. Averaging 15 rounds, no group over 20mm (0.8 inch) diameter with selected ammunition is allowed.
The MR73 has an adjustable trigger weight in both double-action and single-action modes- a feature not found in any other revolver. These adjustments do not alter the strength of the main spring, ensuring reliable primer ignition. This is due to the use of roller bearings in the trigger mechanism along with extensive hand fitting and polishing of components during assembly.

>Cylinder chambers are finished with an impact process that makes them glass-smooth and extremely hard. The factory proof-fires each cylinder chamber with .357 Magnum ammunition generating 30% more pressure than the C.I.P. maximum allowable pressure for the Magnum cartridge. The factory guarantees that the cylinder will not burst or show any bulging or deformation with .357 Magnum ammunition developing double the standard maximum allowable pressure of 300 MPa, meaning the cylinder can withstand 600 MPa (87000 psi, or 43.5 tons per square inch).

Well fuck me. No wonder the GIGN would choose a match-grade overpressure-tested revolver over some cheapo assembly-line semi-auto.

>not knowing when and when not to listen to Jow Forums

Can you still buy them?

What's a nice first revolver? Saw the SW 367 in the LGS and liked it, but I've been wanting a full sized Rhino for a few years now.

Attached: SW 367.jpg (500x500, 15K)

>linking to leddit

fuck off nigger

It is probably the finest-made "combat" handgun ever made. But is an MR88, which is a Manurhin cylinder and barrel inside of a cast Ruger frame with a Ruger trigger and lockwork. Still very nice, but less expensive.

Side note, French police also use the Mini-14 in large numbers. They really seem to like Ruger.

Attached: mini-1.jpg (800x533, 52K)

>What's a nice first revolver?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=EFYn5KChBvo

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNZFTfSD8

youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

Attached: 1556918806293.jpg (1287x994, 596K)

This, the more you learn the less enjoyment you get out of this shitty board.

Attached: 1482110012965.jpg (125x97, 2K)

Name a better board. Anything with usernames and post counts is fucking cancer. There are still some laughs to be had here.

ruger sp101 357 handles hot loads well from what i heard

>better sense of community and actual discussions
/sp/
>better random shitpost comedy
/tv/
>better dissemination of knowledge
/diy/ /out/ /o/

Jow Forums is just a shitty overlap of Jow Forums Jow Forums and /v/

No I'd S&W had a takedown model

no bully He-51 chan

Attached: He-51.gif (2400x2484, 2.14M)

I mean, turbine components in plane engines are investment casted as well, and they're something you absolutely don't want failing more so than a gun.
The flow path and heat treat is a big component on the cast not sucking ass.

>none of them are gun boards

Attached: 1520892313683.png (430x457, 260K)

For the, now, no guns board

>Not only do I shoot guns every weekend but I have far more experience shooting revolvers than you do

OK summer fag, using a picture of your step-dad's guns and shooting every month or so