What are the most important muscles to train for soldiers/shtf and why are they legs?

What are the most important muscles to train for soldiers/shtf and why are they legs?

Attached: Killdeer_s36-30-027_l_1.jpg (1024x820, 68K)

All of them idiot

Running
Pull ups
Overhead press
Deadlift

If you get good at those you are very combat capable fitness-wise

Shouldn't wear rhodesian meme shorts if you have thighs smaller than a woman's

bump

Yeah

Add in heavy farmer's carries and power cleans and this is my list too.

Core and legs

Levator ani

Your mind needs to strong. You will need to cope with the endless hours of boredom. Potential starvation and dehydration will destroy your mind. If you have to kill someone that will have a very big impact on your mental health. You can be the strongest and fittest person, but if your mind goes you’re done for.

Lower back, kid. You’ll understand when you get a little older

Legs
Back
Cardio

>If you have to kill someone that will have a very big impact on your mental health.

Not trying to be edgy, as I obviously have no experience (and don't want to). But I never understood this. If you HAD to kill a person, you had no other choice. Wouldn't that justify the killing? If someone deserve their death, why would 80% of humans PTSD from that? It's just engrained in our DNA to kill if it's a zero sum game and we're left no other choice. Just something we believe we do to make ourselves think we're civilised, but it's completely unnatural to sacrifice your own DNA because you're unable to kill to ensure survival. It makes no sense. Most of the people will try to appear adapted to social norms and say it would hurt them too much to kill someone, regardless if they are threatened. But exactle the same majority of people would kill you on the spot for your food if they're starving and they can get away with it

Train your core and lumbar muscles, otherwise you'll end up like me with a fractured L1 at age 21.
Anyone here ever gotten over the pain? Feels like a heavy weight on my lower back that I can't put down

I'm going to try to tell the story short
>humans are pack animals
>size of pack is determined by the equilibrium between enough people to hunt and gather and fight other packs and not too many people to feed
>anthropologists essentially estimate that homicide between humans at this point happens at the same rate other predators kill their own
>we start farming
>size of pack can increase because you can feed more people
>we still do a lot of fighting because you need to protect your land but the percentage of people who live for fighting diminishes
>culture still reflects the need for fighting and folk heroes and mythological creatures are often warriors
>civilizations develop and even less people are required to fight
>weliveinasociety.jpg
>we come up with pacifist religious icons
>we preach tolerance, not harming others, etc
>this is fine within your own "pack"
>you are sent to fight enemy "pack" despite all your moral upbringing teaching you not to be violent or harm others
>by committing an act you have been educated to think is wrong, you suffer a "moral injury"

I might have fucked this up because it's second or third hand retelling of this story but it's kinda logical.
An Afghan kid who grew up during civil war and was born into a tribal society will not have the same concept of violence as a suburban American kid who signed up to fight. Thus lower rates of PTSD.

Attached: 1510022060970.jpg (800x778, 94K)

came here to say this.

depression is like that except it's your whole body all at once and possibly wherever your soul is

No its more than that. Incidence of PTSD among South Africans who fought in the border war was extremely low, effectively unheard of. They werent all rural ass farmboys either, white South Africans are largely suburban.

There is definitely an element of belief in what you are doing.
>killing communists is ok because if you dont they will destroy your home (eventually)
>if you see your buddy get blown up, its not so bad because he died fighting evil communists
So you can justify it to yourself. This is a good war, what I am doing is moral, my friends died doing a moral thing.

Compare that to Americans in Iraq or Veitnam where the large-scale questioning of the war at home (which they get exposed to) leads to them questioning the morality or validity of their actions. This war might be bad, I dont know if what I am doing is moral, I dont know what my friends died for.

As for violence itself, only a small portion of people actually do the killing. Its the killers amongst us. Example:
>recently SANDF got into a fight in the congo
>ADF rebels holding a trench-line
>its decided best course of action is to flush them out the trenches with MGL's so the .50's can get them
>end of battle 25 rebels dead
>of the four .50's firing at them (on MRAPs parked next to each other) one gunner got the overwhelming majority of kills.

yeah, it's more or the gradiation of "Otheness" based on societal factors, prevention of humanisation of the Other is the prevention of PTSD "they aren't people like us", or, for more civilised societies separation of Otherness from Humanity into Otherness-as-a-behavior or necessity is mitigation of the severity of PTSD "they chose not to be people like us" OR "conflict between peoples happened, you did the least wrong to them/soldiers give up their life in the contest between societies, all of you knew what you were getting into"

Largely dependent on situation and context. Your subconscious mind doesn't do a whole lot of rational reasoning. There are also personal factors to consider ie. were you exposed to violence in youth and develop "proper" coping mechanisms? Or did this exposure make you even more sensitive? If you had no prior exposure to it you could find yourself unable to handle this new experience or you could find yourself detached and numb to it.
Long and the short of it is that it's a crapshoot and you're unlikely to have any idea about how well you'll handle it until it happens.

A lot of the PTSD statistics you see are bullshit
Most soldiers getting out will claim PTSD because it gives them 50% VA disability
That's an easy $1,000 a month for the rest of their life, and can increase to about $3,000 if they have other military-related injuries
I think this skews the statistics, although there are still legit cases
A lot of people in the military were already fucked in the head when they joined, and it just takes a couple of combat deployments to push them over the edge
Sometimes my adrenaline will start going when I see a trashbag on the side of the road, but I wouldn't call that fullblown PTSD

The pain doesn't stop. I have nerve pain from my lower back to my feet (sciatica neuralgia) and that shit sucks. Back injuries never full heal, and nerves can't repair themselves

broken nerves are grown over by others, the remaining healthy nerves just grow longer to compensate

Moderate to severe nerve damage is a different story. I think it's called peripheral neuropathy. People who are paralyzed will never be able to walk. The nerves can't repair themselves fully

that's what I'm talking about, the nerves try to start growing back by lengthening existing nerves to reach the inaccessible portions, but it takes so long it's not entirely viable for anyone who doesn't live for a couple hundred years, forget that we don't even know if the nerves can completely relink the palegic systems and restore use