How are PTR guns?

how are PTR guns?

Attached: ptr-gi-classic-od-green-image.jpg (599x323, 268K)

Very good.

Ergonomics take some getting used to, but that's the G3 in general. As for quality and price they are an excellent company.

They do good work, like turning a Century C93 parts kit into something worthwhile.

Attached: _MG_0974-Pano.jpg (3840x2160, 1.03M)

G3's are pretty based but atrocious ergonomics and operation.

How does one improve the ergonomics of a PTR 91 or G3 pattern rifle?

pretty much the better newly produced HK91 rifles on the market

Paddle magazine release helps a lot, newer PTRs come standard with one.
HK21 charging handle is a big improvement since it's easier to grab and pull.
Spuhr stock is popular too since it brings your head up a bit, although you can accomplish that with a cheek riser too.

I wonder if there's a guide to build your ptr 91

Good.
Only thing I’d like to see is if PTR starts offering CHF barrels for a bit more $. Getting a barrel and sending off the gun to get rebarrelled and then refinished just isn’t really worth it since the whole process is already a large chunk of the price of a new PTR GI.

out of what parts?

There are. But you’ll need some bench tools and welding.

Mine has an improperly heat treated receiver that is dimpling, and the trunnion also seems soft. They have looked at the rifle and put in bigger rollers, free of charge, but I think it's going to happen again.

Just thought I'd add, I've only got 400-500 rounds through it.

Monitoring this thread. Are their mp5 clones really g2g?

i have a ptr91 that im going to send in with 40rds through that fails to fire every other round.
:( i've had good experiences with them in the past so im not sure how i got this dud.

there is no good reason to buy special snowflake battle rifles

Oh get over yourself, most of us buy guns for novelty/ asthetic and not for practical usage

post guns to show us what to buy

This, or at the very least, nitrided bores on their regular barrels. That shit is so cheap these days I don't understand why it isn't practically considered mandatory

saving up for a cali compliant one, Ive already got like 8 mags for it so now I have to get the gun

B R O T H E R

>snowflake
>incredibly popular with civilians and militaries around the world

i bet you're fun to hang out with.

This. Have fun trying to replace the barrel once it’s completely shot out after 6,000 rounds.

Excellent, would have got one if I wasn't offered a C308 for half the price. Way I see it, if my century kicks 12 kinds of ass then a PTR should at least be able to do 24 if not more

>never buy a fun thing because it might wear out someday

308 is a great hunting cartridge, ARs are pretty boring, G3 mags are cheap, intermediate calibers are for limp wristed pussies, and is there really anything that has the old school class like a Battle Rifle in wood? Hell even the M14 for as bad as it is still looks very nice

Every reason for owning a gun is a form of leisure or self defense so you had better own nothing except a cc handgun and a home defense firearm you gigantic faggot

Anything under 10k is unacceptable for literally any small arm.

uh huh. If I shoot 8k of .308 through mine, I'll buy another one.

Looking at buying the gi ptr 18 in from Atlantic firearms, monitoring this thread

Perfectly good HK91 clones, and a good entrylevel battlerifle.

There are, and you can even buy some old piece of shit FA91 and use that as your part's kit, as everything but the receivers on those are top tier Portuguese surplus parts.

It's not like bolting together an AR15 though, you need tools and jigs, and you need to know welding.

>G3, second only to the AK throughout the world
yeah, okay

I enjoy mine. Almost wish I had the railed model though, since real claw mounts are pricey.

And look at that, Atlantic was nice enough to make the paddle easily removable! It’s just 3 screws! You know just in case we need to replace it :^)

Attached: B91CA7E0-F28A-4AA5-AD1F-B183B6415462.jpg (1000x540, 257K)

New Jersey legislature should be hanged in a public place for this handle law bullshit

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I dont understand what is that even supposed to do?

yeah, you right. guns are a tool before they are a fashion accessory, but like with everything that poor people get in involved in, it turns into a circlejerk over brands and "showing what a unique special individual you are" rather than sound practicality.

>t. seething CETME purchaser.