What happens if I fire with no auto sear...

What happens if I fire with no auto sear? The hammer doesn't hold back when trigger is held and will stay on the back of the bcg as it is cycling. .. theories?

Attached: 20190621_173412.jpg (3264x1836, 2.17M)

>shit tier canadian made AR

barf.

if you don't have an auto sear (but do have an auto trigger/disconnecter/selector), then any position but safe will just be semi.

but the hammer doesn't hold back when I dry fire and then cock the charging handle. it goes back down.

I mean holding the trigger and charging the handle makes the hammer ride on the back of the bolt. it just goes back and forth with the bolt. not actually holding back and firing but simply like there is a buffer and no trigger group. The safety lever is a full auto one and holds the little hook thing out of the way for the auto sear to engage but I don't have one so nothing grabs the hammer....

also its a milsurp C8 parts kit on a Cold Canada semi auto lower receiver. Its everything from the original C8 except the stripped lower and the auto sear.

It will hammer follow likely. Maybe rarely will burst.

hammer will follow bcg
light primer strikes with possibly the occasional burst

so, lots of charging handle pulls and wasted rounds

Dude diemaco aka colt canada has some of the best metallurgy and products in the industry.

What does the "R" stand for? Retarded?

yeah

Repetition...

no wasted rounds, hammer will gently rest on firing pin.

but yeah all this is doing is holding down the disconnector.

Just convert your "disconnector" into an auto sear like a normal person

Attached: 1545056260269.jpg (960x534, 49K)

Yes, this is where the term "full retard" originates from.

oh, I see, yeah, the selector will hold the disconnecter back. So it's just going to hammer follow, like if you took the disconnecter out of a normal ar fcg

Thanks for the replies. Glad I will be OK. Here is a pic of the rifle. It's a surplus canadian c8 complete parts kit on a colt canada stripped lower. Gonna take it put tomorrow to fire a few shots. Just finished the build today.

Attached: 20190621_180718.jpg (3264x1836, 1.91M)

I got the bayonet as well. Just not in pic.

Maple Colts are actually pretty nice, nicer than current American Colt for sure.

The C7 upper receiver is my favorite, it has the fixed A1 carryhandle and its sights (I hate optics), as well as the A2 style case deflector.

based yeah posters

Attached: dolphin.jpg (3008x2256, 2.31M)

This is the old style C8 with carry handle but 14.5 barrel instead of 20. Has old style aluminum two position stock as well.

I like it, it's like a slightly older M4 carbine, but slightly after the CAR15.

yep exactly.

The auto trip is necessary for it to fire properly in full auto, because it catches the hammer and times it to drop only when the bolt carries goes into battery. Disabling the disconnector through manual modification or an M-16 parts kit with no DIAS or auto trip FCG, will simply cause the hammer to start dropping immediately after the bolt carrier cycles from the first shot, allowing to build up far less momentum to detonate the primer of the next round. Since rifle primers are much harder than pistol or shotgun primers due to pressure standards, I guarantee you this hammer malfunction will make the gun extremely unreliable and lucky to slam fire, if that.

Affix the bayonet and insert a 30rd aluminum mag, then take a pic

Put your trip back on so I can filter you, /arg/nigger

Is it even possible to get semi-auto Maple Colt lowers in the US?
I know Diemaco uppers are out there, but aren't all that easy to find.