Stunning Twist in Navy SEAL Trial

>Corey Scott delivered in part, saying Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher unexpectedly plunged a knife into the adolescent detainee in 2017 after treating his wounds in Iraq. But the government was floored by what came next: Scott took the blame for the killing, saying he suffocated the boy in an act of mercy shortly after Gallagher stabbed him. It was a stunning twist in an already tumultuous case — illustrating the challenges of prosecuting war crimes cases, especially those involving members of the secretive special forces. The turn of events also exposed the risk that prosecutors take when immunity is granted to witnesses.

>Scott wanted to invoke his 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination and not answer questions when he was called by the prosecution. But he was granted immunity and ordered to testify. After Scott made the declaration, a visibly angry prosecutor accused him of lying, saying Scott had told investigators a different story several times and changed it only after he was granted immunity, which prevents him from being charged in the killing.

>The testimony was the latest setback for prosecutors and a big boost for Gallagher, who is fighting charges of premeditated murder in the boy’s death and attempted murder in the shooting of civilians.

latimes.com/politics/la-me-ln-navy-seal-war-crimes-trial-gallagher-scott-takes-blame-20190621-story.html

Attached: ewscripps.brightspotcdn.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFe-n4Eu6Mw
youtu.be/ybLjPJGXGzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After all this blows over expect a new A-list movie about SEALs
>cant let that reputation be tarnished for long

Who gives a fuck about these pampered idiots?

Junior SEALs are so afraid of infantry tactics they frame their chief of war crimes so they won't have to take orders from him.

Pathetic

>being ok with killing a kid

May this SEAL rot in hell.

he did nothing wrong
stay mad Ahmed

fighting age varies by culture

He was a kid prisoner. No wonder people hate US soldiers.

I don't know the facts of the case, try being an enlightening force, I have other research to do and this otherwise matters little to me, if you care so much, put some effort in.

>get immunity
>confess to murder
>even if they don’t believe you, your value as a credible witness against fellow SEAL is ruined
Well-played.

He was a 12 or 13 year old kid that was murdered by terrorists. That's all you need to know.

Everyone involved should be tortured to death publicly.

>kid
You mean ISIS fighter, but whatever

He was like 13. It's a kid that was more than likely radicalized at the fault of the US.

I hate Muslims more than anything but it's still a kid.

And who said he was an ISIS fighter? The honorable SEALs in the stories? Or the trustworthy US government?

No, that "kid" was an ISIS terrorist who recieved an field execution. Yeah that's not according to the Geneva Convention, but whatever.

>Everyone involved should be tortured to death publicly.
Ah, now I see why you sympathize with ISIS.

Literally none of what you said is true

Who gives a fuck? We should kill the enemy by any means necessary. Knives, bullets, VX gas, who gives a damn how they die?
Should've just gassed the whole region and left.

Yeah man, SEALs are depoyed to just to kill random kids playing with toys and ISIS never ever uses teenage fighters.

Just because ISIS does it doesn't make it acceptable.

It's all true. Read the report.

>patch a POW up
>immediately stab him for the lolz
What the fuck is wrong with SEALs

>retards pretend to care about the age of ISIS militants while cheering on Russian and Syrian forces doing literally the same exact thing

They're just guys who are trained and motivated to kill people and yet it's somehow shocking when they do just that?

Perhaps hes wondering why you'd bandage a guy up and then stab him to death. Why waste time putting him back together if you're gonna kill him anyways?

Because SEALs lile to kill people? Why else would you become one?

>why else would you become one
To cash in on the notoriety by writing six tell all autobiographies

>train killers for years
>killers fight in an endless war for decades
>have seen more carnage than an ER
>literal purpose is to destroy the enemy
>everyone super shocked they stabbed an enemy combatant in the neck

we have reached peak cuck society, its all down hill from here.

So you're admitting that the kid in question was an ISIS fighter?

really boosts book sales if you stabbed a dude in the neck

No clue. I wasn't there. Even if he was it doesn't matter. He was a fucking kid.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was. The doesn't justify killing a kid that wasn't able to harm anyone at the time.

Ed should have stabbed the kid and his dad and raped his mom while the two watched bleeding out on the floor. That's what they want to do to us.

>more than one of them murdered people
No surprises at all. It was probably all of them and they needed a fall guy.

I wonder why they want to do that.

OR PERHAPS HES WONDERING WHY YOU BANDAGE A MAN BEFORE STABBING AND STRANGLING HIM IN A HELICOPTER

>It's a kid that was more than likely radicalized at the fault of the US.
"I hate the US! That's why I'm going to join ISIS to genocide the Shia and force the Yazidis into sexual slavery! Allah akbar! It's all the US's fault that my religion tells me to do these things!"

sure bro it's all the US's fault that Sunnis feel the need to murder and rape their neighbors

At least you can testify, was getting granted immunity part of your plan?

I just don't have much sympathy for ISIS and I question the morality of people who do.

I'm sure you don't think all those dead teenage Volksturm were a tragedy.

Tragedy too. I have zero sympathy for ISIS but I do for a little kid.

It's what Mohammed would do.

OF COURSE

Plenty of people think the child soldiers in germany were a tragedy.

Well at least you're consistent. I'll give you credit for that.

He was older than Ebba was and he chose to be in a warzone...
Unlike Ebba

Yeah, the 12 year old wasn't brainwashed or told what to do at all.

I don't feel bad if he gets 420 no scoped by a SEAL during a firefight. There was no need to kill him under these circumstances.

Of course. Chief Gallagher refused our offer, so we had to bring him to justice.

Well congratulations you got yourself on the stand whats the next step of your master plan?

god dammit you guys

Attached: stop it.jpg (620x468, 49K)

Holy fuck, shut up already. Nobody even likes kids, they're just young adults. You sound like a whiny menoposal grandma. If he had been permitted to live, he would have grown up into an adult ISIS operative. Now he's dead and he can't genocide people who follow the "wrong" religion or attack French people sipping lattes (or whatever frogs do with their time; sucking cock and drinking wine or something).

Ay Tone

Notice how these replies are on topic, and then as soon as this bait gets taken, the entire thread devolves into shit, except for a few replies. Don't fucking take that bait, he didn't actually believe what he was saying, it was just to stir shit up and it worked.

Attached: 1407954313806.jpg (1920x1080, 399K)

SEALs are fags but this man dindu nuffin wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=qFe-n4Eu6Mw

It's NCIS nerds wanting to make a name for themselves. None of this shit would hold in a proper court, all the evidence comes from hearsay by younger SEAL shitbags he reprimanded for being pussies and cowards, none of them even bothered to show up to testify in court.

It doesn't make sense. How would a guy that has been fucking around 10 years there even care about one more or one less hadji? And even if he did mercy kill the poor bastard, how do you go about proving it did it if it even matters at all? Gossip? Where are the witnesses? Where is the actual evidence?
Get the fuck out of here.

Stabbing this child, with no survivors!

/THREAD

Crashing this unit. WITH NO SURVIVORS!

I remember when this story first broke about the Medic saying he killed the kid, he called out the prosecutor as he was never actually asked how the ISIS fighter died. All they cared about was that Gallagher had stabbed the fighter and wanted to get him for murder without ever asking if that was actually what had killed him.

>He was a fucking kid
You virtue signalling silly child. You'd probably profusely apologize for western culture mid-way through him sawing your stupid head off.

#notallmuslims

Because if saving him becomes a lost cause, you stop wasting resources on an enemy combatant and just end it.

Attached: giphy-2.gif (640x357, 3.04M)

Thread theme music
youtu.be/ybLjPJGXGzA

Always hold it down for your brothers. What this SEAL did gave me hope for the world.

I'll elaborate, this SEAL with immunity saved another SEAL. Brotherhood has transcended the justice system. It's beautiful. It is nearly as amazing as jumping onto a grenade. He is a hero for saving his fellow SEAL.

>kid prisoner
user, if he is taller than the wagon wheel, then he is free game. You know that.

Attached: FEE4A578-B6EB-48C3-8D38-756E7AB56ECD.jpg (504x151, 50K)

Remember it's not a war crime if the injured POW dies while you are trying to render "medical" aid. *wink *wink *nudge *nudge *accidently step on their throat.

Hey, Schlomo, how's it going? Any hints on what the big false flag will be to draw us into Iran?

the fact this guy even had charges brought against him is a disgrace on the military. he is a true patriot, im glad he planned with his buddy and attorney to outsmart the prosecution. based and redpilled. long live patriots like Gallagher

Attached: 1554512526041.jpg (470x353, 39K)

kys commie faggot. actually, post your name and address here tough guy. im sure some SEALs wouldnt mind paying you a visit. i cant wait to round you traitors up during the 4th reich and send you to rot in guantanamo

found the mudslime

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

The story I heard from court was that Gallagher did an emergency tracheotomy on the kid then scott blocked the airway when gally wasn't looking.
Heresay fwiw

Scott did nothing wrong. He was choking.... eh I mean trying to save this young ISIS fighter.

What we should all take away from this is this man defeated the justice system via brotherhood

Gang gang my niggaaaa

He's one of the dudes going against the brotherhood all to hang charges on a superior officer he felt bullied by.

>Create reasonable doubt
>Against him

Moron, they're bad boyz 4 lyf

>T. 15 year old who once had his mom raise her voice one time and still has nightmares

>Military
>Justice System

Court Martials aren't anywhere near what a actual trial is supposed to be

Both have the concept of reasonable doubt so kindly kys

>create trial in first place
>for the lols?

>contracts prior interviews with investigators
>openly admits to hiding facts from the prosecution
>thinks he can just perjure himself on the stand after he gets immunity from the war crimes themselves
SEAL's are fucking retarded

>contradicts

The lead prosecutor on this case got kicked off it a few weeks ago because it turned out he was spying on the defense team. This whole case is a shitshow, and if the prosecution loses it it's their own fucking fault for being idiots.

>a visibly angry prosecutor accused him of lying, saying Scott had told investigators a different story several times and changed it only after he was granted immunity, which prevents him from being charged in the killing.
wow I wonder why someone wouldn't say something that could get them charged with a killing until given immunity from being prosecuted from that killing

He didn’t contradict his testimony, the dumbass prosecution never actually asked him how the kid died in pre-trail interviews

taking the "moral" high ground is the easiest thing to do, so easy that in fact most people who don't know shit about matters think they have valid authority to do so

neck yourself, faggot

Attached: 1560643705768.jpg (400x462, 26K)

This, and the left in the US encourage and protect radical islam. If the radicals got their way the lefties would be 2nd on the chopping block.

He didn't lie, he was only asked if the kid was stabbed by Gallagher, not what the final cause of death was. Newsflash: trials are a sneaky slimy business where each side tries to jew the other. Why are you so certain you can trust one lawyer but not the opposition?

Attached: 1507947020658.png (382x596, 175K)

Get a load of this pussy

>said Gallagher stabbed kid in the neck
>completely omit the next event and leaves it for the stand
This guy has completely destroyed his credibility.

>by culture

i think you mean by obama in 2013 right?

just read a few posts, some of you are like oh he killed a "kid". an AK-47 doesn't care whether its a 14 year old or 24 year old pulling the trigger, not to mention in shitty worn torn countries people grow up much faster than their western counterparts so comparing Syrian standards of age to american or European you already looked at it through a tainted lens. live by the sword die by the sword.

umm sweaty where did you find this

Tortured? Jesus. You need to be a white western male to post here.

t. Justin Trudeau

Amen.

>completely omit the next event and leaves it for the stand
>This guy has completely destroyed his credibility.
You mean only answered the questions he was directly asked. You know like your supposed too.

>Did Gallagher stab the isis fighter?
>Yes
>Did he do it while you were rendering aide?
>Yes
>No further questions

If you don't ask the question you won't get an answer. They did this purposely because they didn't WANT to know how the fighter actually died, they were only trying to push their narrative and infer it was Gallagher's action that directly caused the death.

All those who have never been in combat...tag-out now

This is not military training; this is a :Journalist: that has a penchant for sexual Kink

fucking SEALs good god

this. its just another case of SEALs outsmarting the enemy. based SEALs should cleanse america of our jail populations. i guarantee crime rate would plummet

How does beating the wrap from a bunch of JAG FAGS tarnish the rep?

Agree , people wouldn't need lawyers if they only answered direct questions. The problem is most people are too gabby and end up adding shit that can be used against them even if they think they are just reinforcing their story.

Dunno man, I spent three years in Afghanistan and will gladly press a button to destroy all who oppose my nation even if it killed anyone related to them.