Biggest air rifle

Is there a US law that limits the maximum caliber of a air rifle?

Is there some rule of diminishing returns as you make these types of things larger?

Attached: MailChimp_Hammer_large.jpg (480x267, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookson_repeater
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalthoff_repeater
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonica_gun
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is there a US law that limits the maximum caliber of a air rifle?
No.
>Is there some rule of diminishing returns as you make these types of things larger?
No.

Attached: Holman_Projector_in_action.jpg (1038x1572, 744K)

There are diminished shiny returns as to mobility.
Look at the pumpkin chunkin competitions. Some of them are air cannons.

So ya, you can totally make a 20 inch air cannon- and you'll need a v8 engine to compress the air to make it work.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle

Big air rifles are old school. The only thing that should give you pause is the word Umarex.

>you can totally make a 20 inch air cannon- and you'll need a v8 engine to compress the air to make it work.

My grandfather owns an agricultural pump shop, he definitely has pipe that big and some pumps that would likely work, and some machinists to put it all together.

I'm gonna put a homebrew Schewer Gustav together brb

I bet that thing could take down a helicopter.

You can not just make it .50 caliber or even larger, nothing in Federal Law stops you from making an airgun an automatic weapon.

So if you have the inclination, you can build yourself a little automatic .60 caliber slugger from hell. Probably would have to be mounted on the back of a jeep or a pickup though, to keep it mobile and to fit all the gear to run it.
I'd call it the Pneumatic Technical 60

Godspeed.
Mind that improper construction or bad structural integrity can still cause explosions, so make sure you test that thing from behind a tree with a string a few times before you apply it as intended.

37mm

Attached: 37mmM3ATs.jpg (439x204, 31K)

That's another idea, a really large bore cannon on a wheeled carriage to tow. Let the PT60 tow it, have a machinegun and a cannon.

Not as satisfying as it could be without explosive payloads though (even though there's certainly something amazing about a lead slug the size of a goflball)

Around 37mm is where it becomes practice to machine projectiles on a lathe with smart payloads or more advanced fuse options.

Attached: p9230285cs.jpg (282x500, 129K)

Right, but then it becomes a question of legality, and the subject of the thread is exploiting the lack of legalities regarding airguns.

>maximum caliber of a air rifle?
No, it isn't a firearm. Completely unregulated in every way I think pretty much everywhere.

Have to keep your options open user.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle
lewis and clark took one of these bad bois out west with them. They're as american as apple pie

>manual repeater with a few dozen shots and muzzle energy roughly comparable to .45 Colt
Pretty damn high tech for the time.

"While Holman Projector had limited success with one cargo ship's crew shooting down two airplanes, it became better known for its other uses. Since it had a wide barrel, the projector could shoot nearly anything that could fit inside it; the most popular makeshift ammunition was potatoes.[3] "

It seems you'd probably be correct

How do the ballistics of those .30 air riflesmatch up to that of let's say something like a 30-06? If they hit as hard and go as far I don't see why anyone wouldn't get one.

>How do the ballistics of those .30 air riflesmatch up to that of let's say something like a 30-06? If they hit as hard and go as far I don't see why anyone wouldn't get one.
You won't get that kind of performance, but a madman can get close to some .45-70 loads with retarded pressures.
Airguns and air cannons are a fun hobby.

Since most conventional guns are hard to get legally in my country. Does anyone know how to make the coconut killer from the slingshot channel?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 216K)

>Is there some rule of diminishing returns as you make these types of things larger?
No.

Attached: zal5.jpg (973x602, 70K)

I know that in Illinois they have to be smaller than 22 I think

The pilot can't fly his craft if you yeet a potato into the side of his head.

you have to go back

A bit like blackpowder then; the best way to get good killing power is a heavy slug?

I've been here longer than you have, kid.

No, air rifles and black powder are not considered firearms so you can go crazy all you want with them so long as you keep them from being considered a firearm.

Above .50 they get rather heavy, need absurdly large tanks and get bulky.
With .50, a long barrel and high pressure you already have some serious firepower.
If you need more, you could use tungsten carbite penetrators cased in lead...

You can make whatever kind of airgun you want as long as its not built off a real guns receiver

Oh yeah, don't much around with your lower receiver if you're using a pelletgun upper for an AR15, that'll still be an illegal machinegun if you modify that.

You tell me.

Attached: 01_01a.jpg (400x300, 19K)

that image is awesome user.

>Is there a US law that limits the maximum caliber of a air rifle?

Fuck no.

Attached: pumkin2.jpg (550x519, 71K)

>yeet

Attached: Back to Discord.png (700x1007, 801K)

I would love for an automatic 30-ish caliber airgun to be created, especially if it didn't use round balls but actual spitzer shaped rounds.

no, americans are just stupid so they think that any air-driven gun is automatically a toy

big bore airguns are popular in bongistan where they are commonly used to remove pest animals, since they're reasonably quiet (compared to say, a smallbore shotgun or .22 or whatever) and are cheap to feed, as well as generally being more than accurate enough to shoot across a property at a fox or whatever

>actual shaped rounds
google "airgun pellets"

>>manual repeater
it wasn't high tech at all. it "repeated" by tipping it upward so a new ball would just kinda fall in the chamber. and repeaters of all sorts were already available that had actual proper manual actions

idk why americunts obsess over this one airgun so much, it's a pretty shit example of what can be achieved.

It's mostly brought up in terms of the anti-gun talking point "The Founding Fathers never imagined weapons of this kind."

The Giradoni proves that 20 round repeating weapons were not only contemporary, but purchased for a civilian expedition by self same founding fathers.

A majority of the time "Why is this American so obsessed with this weapon?", the answer is "It has political significance."

>The Giradoni proves that 20 round repeating weapons were not only contemporary,
fucking normal-ass repeating rifles already existed you jive fool
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookson_repeater
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalthoff_repeater
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonica_gun

the girandoni was significant because it showed that you could make a pressurized tank at the time, the firepower it offered was not any more significant than other cutting-edge weapons available. by the time of ~Le Founding Fathers~ actually doing shit, lever guns were starting to come out. the girandoni specifically was probably selected because it doesn't require black powder, not because it's some rampant machine gun from the fucking future

and for that matter
> "The Founding Fathers never imagined weapons of this kind."
i have never heard anyone say this in earnest, not once. every time i see this "argument" it's on a gun forum, and even then, mostly only on Jow Forums these days. your obsession is with a shitty gun used to attack a straw man, good job

>control f
>no caselman build

Not big bore, but might along OPs interest

Attached: 1148777_10203594046273937_326282458_n-495x660.jpg (495x660, 170K)

looks hard on the shoulder. not for recoil or anything but youd probably wrench yourself p hard holding that

Yes. They existed. The difference is the Founding Father's link: As anyone with a brain would assume, the leaders of fledgling nation were incredibly interested in high-tech solutions that can overtake the the inertia of empires.

Your experiences are not mine; I'm glad you haven't had any issue, but I have, and I've paid for it.

But I'm not interested in sharing beyond that, so instead, I'll ask you a stupid question.

Do you really think everyone around you is too fucking retarded to know that? A board of people who share a passion on weapons, and you're linking Wikipedia.

It's a fucking disgrace. No one has to justify their favorite weapons to you for any reason.

>No one has to justify their favorite weapons to you for any reason.
yeah you do if you wanna avoid being called out for your shit taste

your entire ideology is based on an ill-founded meme, must make you feel real bad, huh

Look up the Caselman air machine gun

You come from another board son? If you think I've based my thoughts on Natural Rights on an Austrian air rifle, you've got a strange case of myoptism.

I thought you were trolling, but now I'm kinda concerned.

Looks pretty simple
There's a brass pressure vessel made from plumbing parts, presumably a valve controlled by that solenoid and activated by the switch, and then a barrel
I'd guess it's a muzzle loader, just attach the fitting at the back to a compressor and pump it up, drop a ball bearing down the tube and you're good to go