What's the hardest thing in basic training ?

What's the hardest thing in basic training ?

Attached: classroom.jpg (500x330, 117K)

Jody’s dick

Lack of sleep.

Internet guides say that you get 6 hours of sleep

>Being in a relationship while in the military.
ISHYGDDT

Attached: hit_or_miss.jpg (406x645, 45K)

bump

The smell

>Internet guides say that you get 6 hours of sleep

lol

No
You get “the opportunity” for 6 hours of sleep.
I would have been soooo happy to get an uninterrupted 6 straight hours in basic.

Imagine

Nigger dick

dealing with the most retarded people you've ever met in your entire life.

lack of sleep is a close second though.

Staying awake in classes. Heights if you're one of those guys.

Fuckin "opportunity" bullshit. In SOI, our platoon commander walked us to the chow hall and told us to fall out, then fall in 5 seconds later.
He said all he was obligated to do was give us the "opportunity" to eat, and so we went and scrubbed weapons for dinner.

getting hazed

What's your punishment for falling asleep during class ?

Classical conditioning in the form of physical activities

Getting gravel and sand kicked in your face while you're doing push-ups and other motivational calisthenics.
This is in Marine Corps boot camp.

My Navy friend said the hardest thing about Navy boot is telling your parents you're gay.

Not falling asleep in class.

Any activity in full NBC

Physical exercise and a healthy dose of motivational speaking.

You're suppose to, but realistically they can make you stand outside all night if they wanted to.

Attached: 1554570264397.jpg (540x405, 85K)

in marine boot you get ~7 if you don't have duty.
for basic? sounds like bullshit to me. what was keeping you up all night?

You're going to think it's the hardest thing you've ever done, but then when you hit the fleet you're going to realize it's the easiest thing you've ever done.

If you have a pulse you can pass boot camp/basic training.

this isn't true. they have rules too, you know? whoever "they" are in this case for you.

truest post itt.

In the army you're suppose to get 7 hours of sleep, but you have to do fire guard, CQ, and other duties. So you'll rarely ever sleep 7 hours.

This is only strictly enforced for drivers. Become a driver if you need sleep.

>become a driver
>in basic

What's this position called , we were forced to do it on asphalt

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-023213.png (1920x1080, 796K)

One time we were woken up in the middle of the night to run. When we were getting in formation, we saw another platoon just standing outside. After the run they were still standing there.

we typically were put in an air squat position while holding our rifles straight out in front of us for a while. then when they finally let us sit down someone would nod off within 30 seconds and we would start all over. all day.

It was frustrating dealing with smoke sessions for sharp violations and dealing with constant dumbass sharp briefs when it was pretty much all lesbos going after straight chicks causing problems. Nothing ever happens to females though.

Also, on a more personal level, waking up early ducked. Only time I thought about quitting was when those fucking lights came on.

I thought everything about reception was worse than actual bct.

>What's the hardest thing in basic training ?
female drill sergeants looking for a reason to punish the males

maintaining the self control to not punch your "superiors" no matter how retarded or annoying they act

We called that the “electric chair”

>spotted the LARPer

The heimlich maneuver

officers
niggers
fags
females
Diluted, black furred whiteoid mutts with mommies and daddies in the ranks pretending their family is actually worth something other than being jewish farm tools
Weather

it was not a spontaneous run, i assure you, and of course
>it didn't happen to any of my guys but i saw it happen
fuck off. basic is a fucking joke across the board, even boot for marines. they're not there to injure you and there is red tape that protects recruits from things such as true sleep deprivation.
virtually everyone is going to get a minimum of 6 hours of sleep in basic.

If you had the balls to do it, you wouldn’t be writing it like this on 4ch ^^
But keep up the cope little whitey

How can you hold that for more than 30 seconds what happens if you fall ?

Lol. I got four a night maximum usually less, our longest meal was 45 seconds, and that was in the chairforce. You're not supposed to get good sleep. The only point of boot is to break you physically and mentally so they can see who cant perform under stress. Any TI who lets their guys get 7-8 hours is not doing their job.

Attached: 1560797413207.png (348x362, 175K)

airman stops by and does exactly what you'd expect.
beautiful.

Based airman dabbing on the marines

>dealing with the most retarded people you've ever met in your entire life.
That extends beyond basic though.

Having to interact with minorities for the first time.

Shutting your fucking goddamn mouth for any length of time and stand still. The simplest fucking thing of all: do nothing; yet majority of people could not fucking do it for any length of time if their life depended on it. This inability was the cause of most corrective action.

What about laughing/smirking at other people fucking up and getting yelled at?

We got 6 on sundays, 4 or 5 the rest of the week
Also this

I’d say having to go bald, because i live having relatively long hair; That or [spoiler]30th AG[/spoiler]
These things are eternal
Hey! It’s nice to have someone to come back to after being away, whether it be a week or 9 months. It’s hard out here for a pimp.

Attached: 7D323B14-308B-4094-810E-DD2F956042E2.png (343x452, 106K)

This. Its fucking amazing how many people cant just shut the fuck up for 8 weeks.

trying not to smile and laugh at DI's, trying not to laugh at lights out when people start farting and making funny noises on purpose.

I used to spread my ass cheek with one hand and I could really let out a really long loud fart,never failed to get 3/4ths of the bay struggling to hold in their laughs.

Based shit disturber.

Running.
The fact that you get sicker than a dog after arriving only makes it worse.

I learnt pretty quickly to zone the fuck out if a DI was around but wasnt focused on me. Because you have niggers like this trying to get everyone dropped.

Haha gottem, bet you were one of my victims.

>pic related is you.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Bro, I was the stealthiest boot to ever pass through Parris Island. I would submerge right as I heard those motivated footsteps coming around the corner.
>with the red october theme playing in my head.

Fuck you

The days go by slow as fuck.
That being said, the weeks go by pretty fast

Learning how badly your recruiter fucked you in the ass.

For me it was when they'd make obvious incompetents and retards things like section leader or something. When I was younger and more autistic (if there is such a thing as being less) it took me a while to realize that it was just as much as test of the retard handled responsibility as it was a test of the kids with 90+ ASVAB scores' ability to take orders.

>My Navy friend said the hardest thing about Navy boot is telling your parents you're gay.

Facts. Getting smoked in Navy boot was nothing. The hardest part about it is being there in winter. There's a horrible upper respiratory plague that everyone inevitably catches, and having to march places during blizzards. My division had actually lost a dude because he slipped marching to Freedom Hall and hit his head so hard he got fucking brain damage.

Dealing with retards who always had a retarded question whenever someone would ask "any question?" Singlehandedly doing their best at disproving the entire concept of no stupid questions.

Staying awake.

I went through in winter. I remember it taking like 30 minutes for the entire division to get their cold weather stuff on. I would be sweating by the time we walked out.

Staying awake during class, having to put up with difficult people who don't want to listen to you when you are their squad leader or guide. Staying off the Drill Instructors radar.

Snaking MRE's from your neighbour company in laundry bags for money

rolling sleeves according to that fucking photo jesus christ

Basic/Boot is just one big physical you laugh you lose experience that lasts for months

But you will laugh
And you will lose

you must not be a marine.
they always start you off looking retarded and then teach you the proper way and enforce it later.

can't lose if nobody but your flight knows you're laughing all the time
>"stare at the back of the head of the person in front of you"
>stare at my wingman's head
>realize how close I am standing to him
>realize how funny his head looks
>start smiling
>try to stop the smile
>can't
>try to make the angriest face I can to mask the smile
>realize how retarded I look just standing in formation trying to look like the bottom right pane
>smile overtakes the scowl
>convulsing in formation with silent laughter
>somebody whispers for me to stop
>can't stop
>MTI never notices

Attached: 1539636361924.png (638x550, 187K)

gee with evidence like that its hard to argue

Not even joking, we had a guy who, at the end of 3rd phase our killhat looked at him and said "who the fuck are you?".
That dude won bootcamp

when you realize that you made a huge mistake and you are figuratively sucking the dicks of those niggers and spics in that pic. meanwhile at home your wife is literally sucking nigger and spic dick. the child she had will be sucking nigger and spic dick too, because you were too busy dying for kikes to have the opportunity to stop it.

The runs and rucksack marches combined with lack of sleep got most of the guys during infantry school. Their bodies broke down and stress fractures and just lack of mental strength caused them to quit or recycle.
Funny story: we had this guy who was a bull rider in my platoon. At the beginning he was the loudest one of course, talking about how easy everything was. After a few weeks with no sleep he started to lose it. We had to keep a canteen on us and a piece of 550 cord. Every canteen we drank we had to tie a knot to show we were drinking water. If we didn't have enough knots we'd get smoked. If we had an empty canteen we'd get smoked. Nbd except we didn't have bathroom priveledge so we'd have to ask and they'd always say no. So you had to balance how much you drank bc if everyone was drinking alot I swear the mfers would leave us in formation locked up so we'd be in pain from having to go. So this rodeo fuck a few weeks in had to go. We were in the classroom about to start class and he asks permission and they of course say no class is about to start sit down. So he stands up and starts to walk down the aisle out of class and gets swarmed by about 5 of em screaming at him at the top of their lungs to sit down, who the fuck does he think he is etc, and he just loses it and starts to cry and just starts whimpering begging pleading that he has to go. They scream at him he begs and then after about two mins of this he just says fine and pisses himself right there in the middle of the aisle in the back of the classroom. He quit. For that rodeo guy apparently the hardest part was not getting to tinkle when he needed to

Niggers and running around constantly. And lack of sleep.

But niggers are the worst.

>Only care about themselves
>Will constantly break rules for their benefit because they don’t give a fuck
>Always trying to pick fights with people

Whoever said they did army boot camp and didn't get sleep is wrong. I went from January until March and got home when I fractured my pelvis, and a minimum was like 6-7 hours, sometimes 8 if you went back to sleep when the fireguard dick heads turned on the lights.

this thread is filled with dudes lying or misremembering how much sleep they got.

Attached: 15491849571983.jpg (350x250, 16K)

Yeah youre kind of right. It depends on mos, where you do boot at, and also how big of hardasses your drill sgts are.

LMAO

For the majority of my basic/infantry it was 2 guys up at a time for an hour. We were in a large open room with bunks and wall lockers. Kinda like full metal jacket. So yes if someone farted or snored everyone heard it. Most of the time you're so tired u pass right out but there's always a few long nights. Our ds were evil at various times they'd change up the routine. Some nights we had 4 or 8 people up at a time or they'd cut the shift to 30 mins so everyone would have to pull a shift at some point. For two nights we had 50% firewatch in which half the bay had to be standing up for a hour and the other half was allowed in their bunks. For folks who have never been, no the DS wasn't in the room all night. They would randomly check on us and if we were fucked they'd flip on the lights and everyone had to get outta bed and toe the line. Then they'd lecture us or smoke us. On the two 50% firewatch nights we got smoked of course both times and lectured. Fights and yelling at night were common bc if people wouldn't get up for their shift or if they were caught sleeping everyone would get pissed for having to get up if they were caught. You get sleep in basic it's just fucked, at least at Sandhill it used to be. Kinda like eating. Yes we ate three times a day but most meals you'd get 5 mins or less to eat, and then you'd have to get up and dump your tray. The whole point of modern military training isn't to deprive an individual of food or sleep it's to create an atmosphere of anxiety to create mental and physical stress in a individual. And then the person either quits or adapts to the environment

Why didn't you just bang them you dumbass incel

>Shit that's just not funny in the least bit till you try not to fucking laugh at it
I will never understand this phenomenon

oof
>tfw made it 11 weeks in infantry OSUT stealth af before the Drill walked the line at a training event, doubled back, and realized I looked like billy bob thornton in sling blade.
God fucking damnit

>went during winter. always washed my hands with the dial soap.
>hands dry up
>finger tips start splitting
>bunch of stuff like clp, dirt, and other junk start getting into my fingers.
>think ill be smart and put electrical tape on the tips of my finger so i can do activities
>running around doing dumb shit
>get yanked by my arm get screamed at why my fingers are black
>explain i got spits on my finger sir
>get smoked by myself in empty barracks by angry mexican
>whatever just deal with it
>get back to platoon whatever

found it kind of funny how the guy had run my ass to the farthest empty building to make me doing jump jacks and pushups. glad he didnt rape me.

>implying anyone but the whore you left back home would get into a relationship with that 6'4 lanklet

The lack of sleep and running/exercising past the point of exhaustion.

These are methods of wiping your brain. Running that much deprived your brain of oxygen. Not sleeping deprived your brain of neurological repair. Go in knowing that they are trying to reset you, dumb you down to mold you to their liking, and to traumatize you and put you in fear of not following orders in expectation of literal pain if you disobey. Prior knowledge will hopefully help you combat it. Always keep your oath, always act with benevolence for the people you joined up to serve.

A group of young spetsnaz soldiers are hauled out of bed at night because of an emergency, and sent in pursuit of a `spy'. The worse the weather the better. Best of all when there is torrential rain, a gusty wind, mud and slush. Many kilometres of obstacles — broken-down stairs, holes in walls, ropes across holes and ditches. The platoon of young soldiers are completely out of breath, their hearts beating fast. Their feet slip, their hands are scratched and bruised. Forward! Everyone is bad-tempered — the officers and especially the men. The soldier can give vent to his anger only by punching some weaker fellow-sufferer in the face and maybe getting a kick in the ribs in reply. The area is dotted with ruined houses, everything is smashed, ripped apart, and there's broken glass everywhere. Everything is wet and slippery, and there are never-ending obstacles with searchlights trained on them. But they don't help: they only hinder, blinding the men as they scramble over. Now they come to a dark cellar, with the doors ripped off the hinges. Everybody down. Along the corridor. Then there's water ahead. The whole group running at full tilt without slowing down rushes straight into some sticky liquid. A blinding light flashes on. It's not water they are in — it's blood. Blood up to the knees, the waist, the chest. On the walls and the ceiling are chunks of rotten flesh, piles of bleeding entrails. The steps are slippery from slimy bits of brain. Undecided, the young soldiers jam the corridor. Then somebody in the darkness lets a huge dog off its chain. There is only one way out — through the blood. Only forwards, where there is a wide passageway and a staircase upwards.

Where on earth could they get so much blood? From the slaughter-house, of course. It is not so difficult to make the tank of blood. It can be narrow and not very deep, but it must be twisting and there must be a very low ceiling over it. The building in which the tank of blood is arranged can be quite small, but piles of rotten boards, beams and concrete slabs must be tipped into it. Even in very limited space it is possible to create the impression that you are in an endless labyrinth overflowing with blood. The most important thing is to have plenty of twists and turns, holes, gaps, dead ends and doors. If you don't have enough blood you can simply use animal entrails mixed with blood. The bottom of the tank must not be even: you must give the learner the possibility of tripping over and going under. But most important is that the first training session should take place with a group of really young soldiers who have joined spetsnaz but are still isolated and have had no opportunity of meeting older soldiers and being warned what to expect. And there's something else: the tank of blood must not be the final obstacle that night. The greatest mistake is to drive the men through the tank and then bring the exercise to an end, leaving them to clean themselves up and go to bed. In that case the blood will only appear to them as a terrible dream. Keep driving them on over more and more obstacles.

Exhausting training exercises must be repeated and repeated again, never stopping to rest. Carry on with the exercise throughout the morning, throughout the day. Without food and without drink. In that way the men acquire the habit of not being taken aback by any surprises. Blood on their hands and on their uniforms, blood in their boots — it all becomes something familiar. On the same day there must also be a lot of gunfire, labyrinths with bones, and dogs, dogs and more dogs. The tank of blood must be remembered by the men as something quite ordinary in a whole series of painful experiences.

It would be easy if you got enough sleep imo. But lack of sleep makes everything feel like a bigger deal than it is and makes everything more difficult.

A lot of fellow grunts here, I'm surprised.
Honestly though it'd be Rucking and Lack of sleep. Hated that shit

thank you for your service

FpBp

Trying to stay awake. Holy fuck I've never been more tired in my entire life.

Getting it up.

If you say sleep you're full of shit. It's not a lot but it's definitely enough, and if you couldn't figure out a way to get yours then you deserve it.

You will also definitely get enough food, and if you really need it, you can go to medical for a double rations card. They will give you an acceptable amount of time to eat almost always.

Only POGs, boots, or discharges say it's hard. The "hardest" part is not wanting to beat each other's ass in Black/Gold phases.

Holy shit, didn't know it was possible to be such a badass

Get over yourself.