Canadian Warships Pass through Taiwan Stait

wsj.com/articles/canadian-vessels-pass-through-taiwan-strait-11560976733

>Two Canadian naval ships passed through the Taiwan Strait this week, the first such trip by Canadian vessels in the contentious waterway since ties between Ottawa and Beijing deteriorated following the arrest of a senior Huawei Technologies Co. executive.

>Mr. Cole said Canada, as a Pacific nation, should play a role ensuring naval stability in the region, as well as signal support to Taiwan, a democracy under threat from China. Still, he added: “There is no doubt Beijing will regard this as an escalatory move for which it will be bound to retaliate, even if Canada is well within its rights, under international law, to have conducted the passage.”

Even China's colonies recognize Taiwan as a sovereign state.

Attached: LeafShip.jpg (1920x1220, 334K)

I don't get why sailing through international waters makes some angry.
Anyway, nice looking frigate.

I'm amazed our mothballed, shit funded navy can actually make it as far as china

I’m proud of you, Canada.
t. Burger

Is Mr. Cole a canuck official or just some random journalist (can't read in full because of the paywall)?

It's the biggest combat vessel we currently have and it's 30 years old

>J. Michael Cole, a Taipei-based policy analyst and a senior fellow with the Ottawa-based Macdonald-Laurier Institute.
Basically a Canadian defense analyst that works in Taiwan.

>even the Canadians are dabbing on us

NO

NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: trudeau.jpg (800x527, 152K)

Look at it this way, our navy is so underfunded we can't even afford to sail into combat operations in Somalia with full crews. When the ships are in port, they are told to stay at home because it literally costs too much money to have them on duty.

The largest coastline in the world, and we have all of 5 frigates to defend it. Its a fucking disgrace.

>they are told to stay at home because it literally costs too much money to have them on duty
Do you get paid when you stay at home? Sounds like a nice job desu.

You could always petition to be annexed by us. I mean our Constitution is pretty decent, and we do a pretty good job of having a decent navy and coast guard.

Hasn't Alberta periodically tried? I think the US has generally ignored the issue because they don't want to harm relations with Canada.

Sorry

Nope, they get 50% "port pay" which is basically slightly above minimum wage for everything below PO1 (OR-7 the US would call it), and if your full time you can't take another job.

I've been saying this for years. If you guys took over Alberta alone, you'd have enough oil to cuck the Saudis for the next 1000 years.

>, you'd have enough oil to cuck the Saudis for the next 1000 years
The US already does, though. There's a shit ton of untapped fields in Alaska, for instance, along with the Gulf and North Dakota.

You're an uniformed idiot
t. navyfag

Attached: 335FullSend.jpg (2048x1364, 251K)

It's weird that you'd sabre rattle at the Philippines by sailing there, but y'all leaves do have wacky tobaccy and certifiable politicians.

>OR-7 the US would call it
What the fuck is an OR-7. We have PO1 as a rank
>t. SeaBurger

your ship is so sorry the Chinese didn't even lodge a complaint lmao

You literally don't know shit. RCN always pays full salary, plus sea pay for a sea going unit, plus hardship allowance for deployed units, plus no taxes for deployed units. With 4 years in you make about 80k CAD a year. I don't know how you got your info lol

My thoughts exactly. That is one sad looking “war” ship

You people are too fucked in the head compared to the liberals here.

>I don't get why sailing through international waters makes some angry.

because it doesnt

Quebec has tried
Fuck those French fucks though

looks like a ship i see tied up at pier 88 cruiseport in NY i work in the cruise terminal sometimes, you guys come here a lot lol

>Canada reverse colonizes China with freedom, maple syrup, westernized chinamen, and whites both chinkaboo and also right wing eugenics to turn China into the next hyper power Aryan Majority colonial ethnostate.
The ultimate uno reverse card.

>Canadian navy
>playing a part in anything
Only if it’s providing training to US navy crews how to tow broken down crap.

Unironically Canada may as well just cut the navy and air force entirely and re-negotiate defense treaties. It’s not that I want to see that money go into the pockets of fat nurses and teachers but at least it’ll be of some help to someone.

>Two Canadian naval ships passed through the Taiwan Strait this week

Did they apologize the whole time?

>The largest coastline in the world, and we have all of 5 frigates to defend it. Its a fucking disgrace.

Don't worry, America will protect you, at least that's how the rest of the world does it.

Shut up, you.

Its just Anglo cope and some angry niggers butthurt they dont even have a navy.

Yeah we tie up there every time we're in NY. I've been there three times myself.

What does the Pajeets have? POO1?

I wasn't aware Canada actually had warships...

>When the ships are in port, they are told to stay at home because it literally costs too much money to have them on duty.
what the fuck does that even mean you brainlet. ready duty ships sail constantly.

do a tour of the intrepid and you'll know what it looks like from the inside too :)

1- China claims Taiwan is a breakaway province even though the origins of taiwans gov predates the communist party
2- China claims the entire east and south china seas as "theirs", which is far beyond international law of the sea standards, which they didnt argue over until they literally exhausted all the fishing points along their coasts. So now you have chinese fishing trawlers showing up in like South America because they harvested everything near them.

JUST

What are your guys thoughts on the typw 26 frigate? we're gonna buy 15 of them apparently.

Attached: BOXWMIRORFBIDNSFOGQZMR4PWI.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Looks good and capable. Also the modularity should be good future updates to the design. And there is something to say about naval interoperability with Australia and the U.K.

Should be noted that the Frigates that did this FONOP came from Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam, where did did exerises with the Vietnamese Navy and the JMSDF Izumo Flottila. So this sends a HUGE message to China on multiple fronts.
The Type 26 will be one of the best FFGs in the world when it launches, and Canada getting(if they get all of them) 15 of them is an absolutely insane increase in capabilities. I unironically wish that the USN changes the requirements for the FFG(X) program so that we could procure the Type 26 as well.

Attached: FB_IMG_1561225502569.jpg (1440x960, 111K)

This guy is correct

I need to proof read my posts more.

Another point, despite their relative lack of ships and the capability of those ships, the Canadians are really stepping up their precense in WESTPAC, being apart of a few exercises they usually never have any part in, Keen Sword 19' being the biggest example. What was usually a bilateral exerises between the USN and JMSDF, the RCN sent two frigates to take part. These ships obviously dont add much to the actual operational and tactical capabilities of Western aligned militaries in the region, but thats because these moves aren't intended to. Its to show resolve, and national intent. With this iteration of Keen Sword being the biggest Keen Sword to date by a significant margin, I feel thats including the Canadians in it is definitely an intentional additional variable to the regions (US led) strategic calculus. This FONOP is simply reaffirming that, in my view. Even more so that the US's new Indo-Pacific Strategy released earlier this month states that they want FONOPs to be a multinational effort, and since the US hasnt done one in over a month, and with France and Canada being the two nations that answered the call, I suspect more multinational FONOPs to come.

Attached: FB_IMG_1521415080294.jpg (1875x1310, 224K)

Or just don’t post at all.

>The Type 26 will be one of the best FFGs in the world when it launches

in what universe
i rather take fremm or belharra than this shit

Based /PFG/ guy causing more butthurt than Armatard

>i rather take fremm or belharra than this shit
Why?

>Would rather have a 4,000 ton ship with only 16x VLS, some canisters, a short range/endurance and tiny carriage (1 medium helo) than an 8,000+ ton ship with 72x VLS, long range/endurance and up to 2-4 helos

And hell the FREMM isn't even that much higher there. Even the Italians got sick of it and made their version much different.

>tfw South Africa has a more capable fleet than canada

Nice

of course, they use Chinese frigates

Attached: Capture.png (1427x30, 6K)

>bugpeople are pathological liars
Wow, what a shocker.

>When the ships are in port, they are told to stay at home because it literally costs too much money to have them on duty.
dude what? that's not true at all, you still have to go in for an 8-4 work day and make normal salary. you even have the cooks cooking lunch so you can eat For Free(tm). there's also overnight duty watches.

>can't even afford to sail into combat operations in Somalia with full crews
crew sizes dropped since you're not allowed to bunk sailors in random non-mess spaces on cots and shit anymore, and they leave space to embark police units

>all of 5 frigates to defend it. Its a fucking disgrace.
it's more like 4 or 5 per coast, plus like 12 MCDVs total, and the coast guard, and a gaggle of new ships coming out soon

the navy has gobs of cash right now dude, we just got new helicopters, they're playing with drones and standing up cyber ops units, recruiting is back up, i dont know where the money came from but the navy is obviously real flush right now

>Nope, they get 50% "port pay" which is basically slightly above minimum wage for everything below PO1 (OR-7 the US would call it), and if your full time you can't take another job.
this is also absolutely incorrrect. you make your normal wage, which is actually pretty decent (it's salary so idk the actual hourly but it's more than enough if you're not a retard who leases a charger and blows a grand on hookers every week (i.e. it's not enough for anyone who isn't at retiry age)) and you are allowed to moonlight as long as it doesn't interfere with your duties.

you ALWAYS make spec pay if you have it, and sea pay and operational pay combined don't amount to a doubling of your base wage. it's more like 1.2x or so iirc (though it seems like more since while you're out, you have less to spend money on)

even as a reservist i made 15k a year on two nights a week. working full time i made that much in one exercise

burgers and false flaggers are fucking triggered today holy shit

Attached: a dream denied.jpg (2464x1953, 347K)

>meko
sounds chinese to me

>Canadians, Vietnamese, and Japs working together with the US against the yellow red menace
I love this timeline.

They're called the Orange Menace you dunce

>Did they apologize the whole time?

Attached: can-D9SsggiX4AUygDi.jpg (1008x821, 150K)

Burger here, its nice to hear desu, often we just hear Canada memes and something about avro and leaving the carrier game, but its pointless naval dickwaving when we're on the same damn side of the "fuck Russia for wanting to claim the whole north pole" fence and the "fuck China for sending their fishing trawlers all over the damn Pacific" issues.

Do you guys have subs? Who knows, when we retire the Ohios maybe we'll sell you some.

>And hell the FREMM isn't even that much higher there. Even the Italians got sick of it and made their version much different.

>even the italians got sick of it

italians had their version since day one you mongol LOL

and yes i would rather have a small nimble nifty shit with a lot of firepower than a big ass fat canadian shit
every
single
day

>Do you guys have subs?
you could have looked this up. yes we have subs. kill yourself.

>muh alliance so nice so secure :) :) :)
only ontario and alberta like the americans. the rest of us would gladly drown you in a bucket for less than a can of beer for spreading your garbage disinfo all the time

t. world of warships player

>being this fucking retarded

COPE

Attached: 1458406211629.jpg (2736x1824, 472K)

Canada has a navy?

Really? He's an idiot for saying that you don't have the equipment to defend your country?

You dont.

>You dont.
come and take it, 56%er bitchmade mutt, you'll lose just like every other war you've ever started

God dammit, our hat is getting uppity again.

I'm so offended, leaf.

Attached: ayyylmao.jpg (258x323, 9K)

Nobody expects the Canadian navy!

aren't they kind of in a mini spat over huawei/china picking up random canadians?
good on you guys for doing something

>when there's a white van and a pack of niggers outside your house in the middle of the night but it's okay since they're all on the sidewalk

Idk we won Desert Storm pretty handily, Kosovo still exists too, and South Korea is by far superior to North Korea, we kicked the Spanish empire down the stairs and we purged the shit out of Indians and mexicans, and we occupied China for a while in the early 1900s without too many struggles.

>and yes i would rather have a small nimble nifty shit with a lot of firepower than a big ass fat canadian shit

Except for that the FTI is slower than the Type 26 with shit range and endurance.

Enjoy your slow returns to port.

>FTI
>16x VLS
>Lot of firepower

The absolute STATE of Frog delusion.

Leaf artillery here LEMME FUCKING AT THE CHINKS 19 LEAVES ROUTED 14K DOG EATERS, LEMME AT EM TRUDEAU

>and Canada getting(if they get all of them) 15 of them is an absolutely insane increase in capabilities
hopefully ~5 of them are fitted out for theatre AAW with Standard-style SAMs

we should also get in on the shortfin barracuda SSK buy with the bogans

Kek!

Attached: image.jpg (249x246, 16K)

The Canadian version has Mk41s on the front, like all T26s, so Standards are very possible.

Attached: Canadian Type 26.jpg (713x401, 56K)

definitely, it's more on the sensor side to support, Aegis or Sea Viper/PAAMS type suite

Attached: canadat26.jpg (1021x580, 87K)

what kind of pharmaceuticals is you PM on

Attached: 7C3A1BB1-C600-4A1B-AC3B-01E0C5D0A067-1970-00000F3ADEED470B.jpg (2048x1365, 1.38M)

Gorshkov class best frigate.

Sending 20-30 yo frigates and our new supply ship (that just underwent a huge political scandal) to hostile waters filled to the brim with coastal defense missiles isn't exactly wise. Canada is simply playing a game it shouldn't be playing with the bigbois.

THC edibles.

Attached: ADMIRAL GORSHKOV CLASS frigate ship.jpg (4592x3056, 669K)

Dude Russian ships are shit.

estrogen and soi

I know, i just like the overall aesthetic of it. Dutch ships are also aesthetic

Attached: holland class corvette Offshore_Patrol_Vessel_3750_Holland.jpg (1300x767, 153K)

>Two Canadian naval ships passed through the Taiwan Strait this week
So, they left the country undefended?

Canada also has submarines. They barely go in the water tho, it's not like they can that often being 2nd hand and all. It's not like you can pretty up a prostitute to be a wife.

Could've had Nuke subs.

Attached: HMCS_Victoria_SSK-876_near_Bangor submarine.jpg (1000x372, 126K)

>we occupied China for a while in the early 1900s without too many struggles.
You might want to pick up a book once in a while.

He's probably referring to the Boxer Rebellion. Not exactly an occupation per se.

>left saddam in power, didnt stop genocide, north korea is still the most communist place on earth, spain doesn't even remember you, you needed france's help to purge indians and bully leafs
lol

>mini spat
those fucking yellow insects are threatening to kill two canadians because of this
its not a "mini" spat at all.

You used trips for this bullshit? You watch them, and have a gun behind your door, but you don't go yelling at them and provoking them, then shooting at them when they're not on your property, faggot. You are so dimwitted, i bet your IQ is below room temp.

Fuck, I meant quads. I fucking hate this world even more.

>Canada also has submarines
more training boats than a credible sub force tbqh

Attached: substandard.jpg (620x400, 192K)

And yet the Chinese whine about it constantly.

Honest question, what the fuck is Canada trying to achieve with this? Impress chinks?

I don't recall Alberta ever officially petitioning the US about it. There's plenty of muttered Albexit sentiment but nothing on the books sincere like.