Can we make suits bullet proof?

I just watched John Wick and wonder it is possible to have one and what materials to make it light, tactical, bulletproof, and fashionable at the same time

Attached: john-wick-suit-1.jpg (1250x1250, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

garrisonbespoke.com/custom-suits/bulletproof-suit/
youtube.com/watch?v=nQM6zLiSn1E
wonderhoodie.com/collections/all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Against pistol caliber rounds, yes, it's not even that hard. The John Wick suit that stops 5.56 is a fiction.

0.000047573 seconds on Google.

here you go, it's made of carbon nanotubes.

where i can but this suit and is there a double-breasted suit

the biggest problem is still the remaining kinetic force. Even though its 'technically' bulletproof, in that the bullet didn't pierce it. it would still break your chest and has a high chance of internal bleeding, and since there's no visual wound it can actually be harder to help;.

As with almost all engineering questions, the short answer is that it depends. Specifically it depends on how bullet resistant you want the suit to be. There are suit jackets available that are rated at nij iiiA. Which isn't too bad.

Carbon nanotubes? I though that they were still hard to make,, with production measured in grams.

yeah, especially if you're a fictional organization with friends in high places

Attached: keanu-7274.jpg (1083x1080, 57K)

>carbon nanotubes

doubtfull unless its some really cheap shit material otherwise his company would have gone bankrupt

Have you seen those bulky vests a lot of law enforcement officers wear? Those will stop most handgun rounds and even some rifle rounds but you'll still be in a world of hurt. A thin suit would probably feel like getting hit in the chest by a sledgehammer wielded by God.

Unless its a $50,000 suit. There's no reason to think it's cheap if its a unique item and usable by politicians.

yes, you retarded fucking child. you can stop posting and breathing anytime now.
>youtube.com/watch?v=nQM6zLiSn1E

Attached: 1524117286958.jpg (960x958, 185K)

nanotubes of any kind right now costs three times more than carbon fiber production was costing in 1999 by mclaren

unless they use cheap shit from zexel and they CLAIM that it can stop a reduced power bullet..
because otherwise you are looking at about 500 to 700 per gram

Yes but it would be a funny looking suit.

Attached: byrne.gif (337x230, 314K)

Yeah, just gotta get ballistic weave.

doesn't matter, no bullet in me - therefore bulletproof

What an absolutely ugly beard. Keanu Reeves is a perfect example of why you shouldn't race-mix.

>I’ve got you in the pipe five by five

We need the same (((Hollywood)))onium alloys used to make suppressed weapons about as loud as a mild cough.

>what materials to make it light, tactical, bulletproof, and fashionable at the same time
You can't do all of that at once, you need to transfer or absorb a lot of kinetic energy in a short time to stop a projectile.
Even our strongest materials can only spread the impact over more surface and time.
The thicker the material, the more it spreads the impact over time and surface area.
The more it spreads the impact, the less harmfull it gets.
If you go too thin, not only will the fabric rupture, but it will also spread the impact far less.
If you go thicker than let's say 5 mm, it won't be as fashionable anymore.
You can get around that to a certain degree by staying rather lean and having just a vest protecting your most vital organs, but that's nothing new or special.
Wearing a vest under clothes and not getting detected is rather simple.

The main question is:
How much protection do you want to sacrifice for fashion and mobility?

These suits already exist as do t-shirts and other gear. Miguel Caballero makes them. I hope you have a comped Gold Card though, if you work at Taco Bell you're shit out of luck

not what you asked, but i'm going to contribute this anyway
bullet proof wear:
wonderhoodie.com/collections/all

There's is a Mexican or Colombian (i forget) that makes these suits. they stop up to a .357. Our presidents wear them.

Spot the Jow Forums tard

What's funny is that their products specifically fit the needs of inner city gangbangers but their prices are out of reach for gangbangers.

carbon fiber or some shit like that, although it won't save you from the kinetic energy

>game over man, game over!

Not OP here, but do they make vests like that in smaller sizes?
Their size S is 34" - 36" chest and 28" - 30" waist, my chest is 31" and my waist is 26".
Do they protected against knifes as well?

their products were meant for people scared of gun violence
they fit the needs of anyone that wants to wear it

I think most youths wear hoodies despite color/socio economic status. They also have a fleece vest I wouldn't mind picking up. I wish they had a summer tackle vest or something I could wear around and look like an autist/try hard. Assuming the denim is good material that could make a decent motorcycle jacket as well.

retard

>carbon fiber
Bad choice, it may have a indanely high tensile strength, but it is brittle as fuck since it can't stretch.
That stiffness may be great when building high aspect ratio wings, but sucks when you need to absorb impacts.
Kevlar or even fiberglass is way better for that purpose.

from their website
>We’re shaking up the body armor industry, making it possible for everyone to protect their bodies and head from bullet and knife threats. 100% USA Made and sourced, our bulletproof clothing contain the latest ballistic fabric that’s 30% lighter and 2 years longer lasting. No rectangular panels to ‘insert’ into silly pockets like other competitors here; our detachable bulletproof vest design (patent-pending) conforms to the torso, allows for mix-matching of new styles, removes the bulk seen from traditional body armor, and overlaps 3-inches down the the chest to protect your heart, and to stay in place when the going gets tough.

I think adding body armor to the head is an interesting concept thats going to make robbing liquor stores easier. I was thinking i was going to wear around a FiveseveN as a meme but that might actually come in handy in the future.

Yeah, even though you won't bleed, you'll be feeling really bad and it will hurt for a long time.

That is interesting, but doesn't exactly answer my question about smaller sizes and knifes.

>protect their bodies and head from bullet and knife threats
>from bullet and knife threats
>knife threats
>knife

As for sizes, you'll have to keep looking idk mang. I'm from the midwest and don't know a single person that knows their measurements other than shoe size.

This thread again!? you are such a weak faggot

>just watched john Wick and "I wonder it is possible"

confirmed for being a fucking retard this movie is unwatchable sludge even the first one was you have no intelligence to enjoy a movie like this.

>Can do what john wick do? he cool and shhhiiieeeettt

no you cant nigger.

Why don't you like the first one user?

Attached: 1561068491975.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

In fact, why don't you like any of them?

why must you be a sad faggot who hates fun?

who needs suits when you can stop bullets with your body mass alone

Attached: P82GvlT.gif (225x199, 1.43M)

I just know because I'm far enough from the usual sizes to have issues finding clothes that fit properly.
That's roughly XS in width and S-M in length.

In the future 2-layer graphene will stop boolits, add some kind of force absorvant fabric and you're good to go.

Um... /thread. This is an old vid too!

>Keanu Reeves is a perfect example of why you should race-mix
Fixed

And since that stuff isn't standard since a decade ago, the question you should be asking is: what's the catch?

the astronughts suit is like that saw a documentry they can take a point black shot from a .45 and all that happened was the bullet got stuck in the suit. It was just like that

>steven seagal has a bullet proof kimono
My fucking sides.

Attached: seagal clearing corners.webm (640x356, 573K)