/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Hangin' With The Boys Edition
>Thread #844

Old thread here

Attached: 1559290898835.jpg (1023x679, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
apexgunparts.com/rifles/ak-47/special-mixed-european-30rd-ak-project-magazines-7-62x39-as-is.html
armsofamerica.com/qty1originalromanianmilitarysteel30rdmagazinegrade4battlefieldpickupgunsmithspecial.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>AK Buyers Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

Who makes the best modern AK pattern gun available in the US?

In for big wasr

Attached: 0B31AE83-5D0E-4FCF-ABDA-04205504D294.jpg (4032x3024, 3.87M)

Why isn't 5.45 popular in america?

Because surplus was banned from import

jim fuller has the best smack in nevada

Attached: DSC_0147.jpg (1620x1080, 394K)

because normies nigga

Attached: where my plum bois at.jpg (2576x1932, 1.19M)

i cleaned my rd akm and 5.45 build and aes10b this mornign before work. it is pleasurable to clean my babies

Attached: DSC_0134.jpg (1620x1080, 518K)

too vague

Attached: dsc_0011_1.jpg (1620x1080, 380K)

WBP

How do WBP Fox's stack up? They aren't on the buyer's guide.

Because it's an obscure Russian round that only gained favour in the US after the decline of the Soviet Union and after an American alternative had been in use for decades. What surprises me the most desu is the lack of 5,56 rifles imported into the country. Sure, you've got your Arsenal 106s, but that's pretty much it. We've seen irregular batches of PAPs or whatever the fuck they called them, Beryls, and Chinkshit a long time ago. Looking at the market, especially back when ARs were so expensive, you'd think they'd be way more prevalent.

>modern

They charge Arsenal prices for slightly-better-than-a-WASR quality.

Good, still new, I'll tell you in December after I've had it for a year. Passed robski's 5k test at least.

Not sure if you've seen what Arsenals are going for these days.
Also the only guns Kvar seems to be getting are milled, or SBR candidates.
If/when 104FRs and 107FRs show back up expect a price increase, guaranteed. Hell Kvar was auctioning off 107FRs for 1200+ for months, on GB.

You're not wrong, but I can't help but think back to just two years ago when Arsenals and Veprs were plentiful and going for MSRP. Welp, WASRs used to be $550 back then too. The AK market is truly fucked.

>The AK market is truly fucked.
Pretty much. But WBPs foray into it makes me slightly hopeful. as well as Zastava USAs future entrance into the market.
But since Atlantic has been the only company to "922r"-ify the Foxes, it's going to be whatever they want to charge. And I think the have an exclusive deal with AoA to get the Fox too.

there any truth to this? i mean besides the fact that the dude looks fuggin gonzod in pics

Who fucking cares?

AK-GAYYYYYY

Attached: 20190525_144422_compress28.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

Smells like summer. Fuller is God Incarnate.

Attached: DSC_0143.jpg (1620x1080, 460K)

Attached: 1234.jpg (1620x1080, 455K)

i will never align HG perfectly to spite you

My performance, it affects not

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 6K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1545885704081.jpg (499x405, 18K)

Fuller is a heroin fiend who just got lucky retards think he actually builds AKs worth 2k

one day i will appease your autism
please move on to your inevitable rhetoric on the supposed shortcoming of RD "Taiwanese POS folding stocks". We've all missed you

Attached: beth2.jpg (1620x1080, 379K)

t.fudd

>5.45 is better in a ak platform than 900$ mags and weird reliability issues

it fucking is

>walmart
>acdemy

have it in brick and mortar stores

>almost fucking everyone has it online

zastava u.s wants 3k for their m91 and 1.2k for their n-pap

>why fucking overpriced

>MSRP is street price
Lets wait until they actually put rifles into the market to see how they'll be priced, eh?
Seeing as the PSL has skyrocketed in price (at the retail end, anyway), I can't imagine a fledgling company trying to lower prices until they establish a solid foothold..
They need as much revenue as they can get, initially.

Whats that, user? Oh, don't mind me. I’m just posting the finest AK ever made, the PSAK 47 GF3.

Attached: 8CEC9D9A-A936-4C2C-BE41-CE0DD87639ED.jpg (2061x2431, 1.05M)

Based

Now say “based nacy”

>1200 for an n pap
Welp i guess im never selling mine

Attached: e42.png (356x256, 200K)

Only thing stopping me from buying a 5.56 AK is lack of bakelite. I don't own a 5.45 either though.

based irl frog poster

Was browsing fuddbroker and pic related popped up. It's gotta be fake right? Doesn't actual green bake furniture go for a lot more?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190622-051704_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1079x907, 115K)

I'm a brainlet, the price was 850

“Green bakelite STYLE”
“STYLE”

>had enough brain cells to detect it was probably fake
>somehow missed that
Why am I like this

Attached: 1560212456195.gif (320x180, 1.14M)

Attached: 20190621_170826.jpg (2666x1500, 739K)

Attached: 5F17DABC-FF25-468F-8622-438695807C9A.jpg (1033x1295, 407K)

How are those Magpul Zoukov AK stocks? As cool as they appear aren't they prone to breaking rather easily? There's a MAC video where his breaks at the hinge from simply mortaring it.

Attached: Buzz Hmm.jpg (200x211, 7K)

Not enough people have experienced its glory.

Attached: IMG_20190529_155655~2.jpg (3693x2367, 3.28M)

Can anyone recommend a solid AK scope mount? I would like to put a Romeo 5 red dot on it. I ordered the Tacksport mount from Amazon for like $50, installed today, and it looks like it sits visible crooked compared to the normal iron sights. I have a PSAK-47 btw

Attached: IMG_5431.jpg (3779x815, 844K)

Shoo shoo.

Posting Chitins pics again, how original.

Attached: buildfromapartskitstartingat$500.jpg (474x631, 59K)

milf

They're kinda ok, a bit ugly desu and they feel a little cheap in person. Better off with other options if you want a collapsible stock.

Care to provide some evidence for that? There is no such thing as a """transitional model MAK90""". You bought someones old beater, and just because they bought some black poly handguards from Polytech USA at some point doesnt make it special, let alone having a threaded barrel. What the fuck would it even be """transitioning""" to?
There were just over 1 million MAK90s imported. Some had threaded barrels, some didnt, some were then had the threads stripped off for import. Some had bayonet lugs, most had them ground off. All of which came with wood furniture. The only MAKs that stand out are the third pinned receivers, the underfolder receivers or any single/non dimpled receivers.

Neat bayonet

Attached: 20190622_084801.jpg (2560x1440, 2.22M)

Ammo is available. Rifles are not

There's a lot of videos of the hinge lockup failing and/or the hinge straight-up breaking, particularly when folded. The polymer hinge is a massive weakpoint when compared to other folding alternatives. If you want a drop-in collapsible folding stock for a fixed-stock rifle, Bonesteel makes a MUCH more durable folding buffer tube adapter. For that matter Stormwerkz and USMachinegun and probably Circle10 make solid buffertube hinges too, but they're only drop-in on a Yugo.

There was a guy in here who would cape for the Zhukov HARD whenever we pointed this out. Last time we heard from him was last winter when he said he was gonna go make a video of himself "beating the stock against trees in the snow." I assume his stock broke because we never heard from him again.

RSRegulate is so far and away the best way to mount western optics it's not even funny.

Attached: IMG_20190614_224224_338.jpg (3744x1960, 3.31M)

>you
vs
>the guy she tells you to not worry about

Attached: Typical Vz Owner.jpg (990x1485, 287K)

Damn, that nigger stylin.

>Jamal Marston

>bracetard replying to bait
Pottery

How about something that isnt an ass ugly buffertube? One of the only reasons left to go combloc is aesthetics with the way rifle prices have gone.

i feel you dude. i want a triangle folder on my rifle but it has a fixed stock trunion and no one seems to make an adapter. i supposed you could replicate the portion of a stock that goes into the receiver and then use the 2 screw method to attach a stormwerkz hinge? but the top mounting screw tang would be in the way probably unless you made the adapter long enough to use that too

If you want something for a fixed-stock gun that collapses AND folds then no, buffer tubes are your options.
They're all less ugly than a Zhukov, at least.

Circle10 and Stormwerkz make hinges you can attach aftermarket triangle stocks to if that's the look you want, but you're gonna need to buy a mounting block and chop the tang off your trunnion if you don't want it to look fucking disgusting
>pic related

IMO if you want an AKM to fold, put a wire stock on it, or a Bonesteel.
Or pony up for a gun with a folding trunnion.

Attached: medium_290374-ak-47-ace-folding-stock-other-extras.jpg (800x300, 60K)

so ive been trying to hunt super cheap steelies like i got back when i first got my rifle and i realize something now.. considering the prices i paid for my german and austrian handgun mags i really shouldnt be bothered by any mag price sub 20 dollars. guess im just gonna buy another load of romy mags at like 16 a pop unless i happen upon a deal before i order

I want an short ak in 5.45, but i dont believe in registries
are there any builders that would build a 74u or 105 parts kit, with or without side folding trunnions, without sbr paperwork ?

That Vityaz stock

Are you asking if theres an FFL out there willing to stick a middle finger to the ATF for some literally-who Joe Schmo like yourself?
Let me ask you this first: why would they be willing to risk thousands upon thousands in fines, loss of business, prison time, etc. for YOU - some dude that just sauntered in off the street? What makes you so special? Your ego?

Attached: 20190622_114249.jpg (1328x747, 256K)

some people actually beleive in the second amendment, not to mention they are not doing anything illegal
if i buy century arms draco, then proceed to install proper trunnions and attach stock, century or whoever i buy it from doesnt get in trouble. I know this because I know of a case where exactly this happened, and the only punished party was the sbr maker. this situation is no different

youre fuckin retarded lol

Goddamn in a total of 1 post that might have turned into the weakest bait I've seen this month
Practice then come back later

>If I build an illegal SBR myself, then I get in trouble
>Therefore if I get someone to build an illegal SBR FOR me, I'll still get in trouble
No, you'll both go to fuckin prison, retard.

No one with a fucking brain will build an illegal unregistered SBR for you. They'll assume you're either an ATF sting or a retarded person, and they WILL call the feds on you if you ask.

If you want this done literally your only option is to do it yourself.

americans
>fuck the government, boogaloo now !
also americans
>potentially breaking a gun law? better not, think of all those poor children

Hahaha where did I say you shouldn't do it? Please, spell it out to me as best you can - to a guy with unregistered NFA items himself

Ok so post the court case, we'll wait

Looking back on the post, i didnt word it properly. I mean to ask if there are builders who would build a 107/74u kit as a pistol

thats not your post you lying fuck

You cant revert rifles into pistols. And if you're asking if you can buy a parts kit for a rifle and have him build it into a pistol, instead of outright buying an AK pistol from the get go, then congratulations - you're even dumber than previously perceived.

I think my new krinkov has autism

Attached: 20190622_121444~2.jpg (2984x3836, 1.97M)

>still using a normal dust cover
Tell me you don't unironically do this...

Attached: TWO zenits.jpg (3024x3477, 1.62M)

>replying to OC
Tell me you don't unironically do this...

Attached: telllies.jpg (480x360, 25K)

>B-b-b-b-b-brace like it's an insult
Pottery

>hobbies include moving goalposts and digging own hole

Yes, in case you didn't know he had to sell his company because he got hit with felonies for drug possession, so he can longer legally own/be in possession of firearms.

Attached: IMG_20190521_120730~4.jpg (1941x2759, 1.26M)

You tried apex, whatacountry, or armsofamerica? They usually have various grades of AK mags for cheap. Depending on the condition, you can get them for about $8-$10 on the cheaper end, but they still be used of course and will have rust/minor pitting. Just buff with oil and steel wool, then wash, dry, refinish how you want, bake in oven to set finish, and boom.

>KCCO
>2109
Big cringe

Nice dubs, and cool 9mm AK. Kit build out one of the K-USA vitzyaz copies? Id like to get one eventually.

I like the look but I don't trust the tws cover and I'm moving from the zenit lower to the Krebs m-lok handguard to test them out soon.

Also, who makes the better folding hinge to mount to the pistol trunnion on a Draco? Want to put folding brace on one and I know a few companies make them with some slight differences(I think mainly in dimensions).

Attached: IMG_20190616_181918545_HDR.jpg (5344x3006, 3M)

Stormwerkz is the best IMO. USMachinegun are also solid.
Haven't tried the Circle10 ones but they look the same.
Ace a shit.

thought about it. these 2 are current best offerings ive found. advantage of apex is if im patient i can just get them to bring me a box of them to knob creek and not have to pay shipping.
apexgunparts.com/rifles/ak-47/special-mixed-european-30rd-ak-project-magazines-7-62x39-as-is.html
armsofamerica.com/qty1originalromanianmilitarysteel30rdmagazinegrade4battlefieldpickupgunsmithspecial.aspx

just realized the aoa offering is sold out, nvm on it ha

>not promoting original content
ok reatard

>like it's an insult

Attached: uuuwaaaa-1.jpg (480x662, 114K)

I have a npap pistol that is so canted that I can't zero it. Is there anything I can do with this thing other than try to pawn it off on a different sucker?

Thinking about doing a pseudo-RD tacticool build with an M10 or RH10.
Is pic-related (for $519) a better idea than just getting an RH10 (~$550), considering the furniture's getting tossed anyway?
Original Romy FCG and not giving Century money sound nice.

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-123548_Instagram.jpg (1080x2220, 964K)

>NPAP pistol
Do you mean an M92?
How can something with a FSB/GB combo be so crooked you can't zero it.

i thought about buying one of those naked m10s too user

OrangeCat you fucking newfag

Attached: Carl_Brutananadilewski.jpg (600x450, 41K)

Yes