FACT: every ordinary front line infantry soldier should have their central body, neck...

FACT: every ordinary front line infantry soldier should have their central body, neck, and head protected against flying objects equivalent to 9mm parabellum

Attached: 1494079986826.png (600x600, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUvcdKGD-FM
youtu.be/cCwn-ROhwyo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Combat_Helmet_(United_States)
army.mil/article/3908/soldier_uses_his_head_in_fight
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FACT: wouldn't matter what you issue, nobody's going to wear that shit. nobody wears the shoulders and collar today which are only like NIJ Lvl II.

>wearing the daps, collar, and nut guard
Yeah nah no one does that.

I did have the nape guard in my helmet, though. That shit was comfy.

FACT: Fuck that

a soldier does what he is ordered to do
unless of course we are talking about an undisciplined force

>obody wears the shoulders and collar today which are only like NIJ Lvl II.
I'll give you a hint of something that's missing from the current conflicts they're in.
youtube.com/watch?v=IUvcdKGD-FM

FACT: you dumb yanks will get unnecessarily btfo:d when a shell land anywhere near you when you could have just simply dealt with the slight discomfort

No, he really doesn't. only outfits who insisted on wearing the full IOTV never left the wire, so it was a moot point.

yeah have fun getting your neck sliced open by a random piece of shrapnel because "the neck piece was just too uncomfortable!"

luckily we have the best cas, triage and casevac on the planet, so only people who will die are those who were going to die anyway. as opposed to any other force, where the btfo'd will stay btfo'd and bleed out in a ditch because their air element sucks.

>yeah we'll totally be able to medevac all the thousands of wounded soldiers straight to our top of the grade hospitals
>what do you mean the enemy has air power? what's that?

I'd say 7,62x39mm instead of 9mm parabellum since that's a caliber commonly used by mudslimes, russians and other potential enemies.

that would make the armor way too heavy
for example how much would a helmet that can handle 7.62x39 weigh?

Um, yeah we will. The US doesn't go to war without taking out any air and air defenses, its literally the first priority long before regular troops step foot in the country. So conventional ground forces dealing with enemy air power is pretty much a fantasy situation under US doctrine, hence the lack of organic AAA; since its not needed. That might be an upsetting concept to you as a third worlder in constant fear of enemy CAS, but it clearly works because none can stand against us.

Ok, maybe not everything to that spec.
However center mass should be protected against that since pretty much everyone you don't like will be likely to use an AK-47 an aim at center mass.
If you aren't protected against that, you may as well just be protected against shrapnell.

when are you going to be exposing your centre of mass though?
head and shoulders should be the only parts of you above cover

so ya'll don't ever intend to fight a real war, got it
keep playing in the sandbox then and when a real war comes knocking don't open the door

FACT: that shit is gay as fuck and the costs outweigh the benefits

90% of rice farmers disagree

All I need is my man dress

FACT: every ordinary front line infantry soldier will sooner die to the shrapnel of explodey things especially in asymmetric warfare than to bullets and as such ballistic protection is unnecessary and unwieldy

How did you get to be so colossally retarded?

you sound like a twelve year old LMAO

fuck off nonserve

retard
what the fuck do you think armor capable of defeating projectiles equivalent to 9mm is for if not shrapnel?

and you sound like someone who completely disregards the existence of indirect fire in the modern battlefield
perhaps constantly only fighting sandniggers has stunted your expectations of war

Those sandniggers used mortars, rockets, and ieds for 99% of their attacks.

We never gave a fuck about small arms fire. We never encountered it.

Again, colossal retard

>a soldier does what he is ordered to do
This right here shows us that you never served.

I’m actually very familiar with the concept. I still wouldn’t wear all of the extra body armor pieces. Nobody would. That shit is bulky, uncomfortable, and makes your kit even heavier. The chance that I might catch some shrapnel is far outweighed by how much all that extra armor degrades my ability to preform.

Attached: A70766F1-0935-440A-9FDC-AB808CEC2E5A.png (750x1334, 2.18M)

no u

Attached: selous_scouts.jpg (564x693, 123K)

Oh look, another desk jockey telling real soldiers what they need to wear in a situation they will never be apart of.

How about YOU wear all that shit at your desk in case one of your nigger desk mates goes postal.

Attached: 1541987593267.jpg (1125x1110, 106K)

Are you retarded? Do you think infantrymen walk around with portable walls surrounding them? Have you ever heard of these things called patrols, maneuvering, bounding, etc.?

This is something someone with no experience would respond with. Most units dictate SOP and most units that are worth a damn in combat wear the lightest, most maneuverable gear, such as the SPCS or a personally owned one if they can w/ a belt for load, vs the absolute garbage setup of IOTV w/ attachments

The neck piece is like an inch tall.

Indirect requires setup and some skill, meaning unless if it's a bona fide battle between forces the only thing getting mortared is fixed sites like FOBs, and that's a whole different topic.
There's a reason why the US infantry heavily favors urban combat training over anything else - because it's realistic.
If you think the average guy should be worried about mortars when he's rolling around in a MAT-V or Brad which are designed with copper shaped charges and RPGs in mind then you're full of CoD delusions.

How about few magazines, few grenades, rest of the kit left in the APC, for some light-weight, high-speed operating?

Attached: RealTS-Dragon-3008-1-35-SOVIET-MOTOR-RIFLE-TROOPS.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x406, 76K)

youtu.be/cCwn-ROhwyo

Attached: cd3f51908bcb45ea298951ff04807675.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

More soldiers will die to heatstroke from wearing all the extra shit or get injured in a combat scenario from the loss of mobility than will to shrapnel. I've literally never seen a unit that makes their soldiers wear the extra shit.

t. got the dogshit smoked out of me at my first unit by my first line because I wanted to look high speed at our first FTX

yeah man that sounds like a great idea
t. pic related

you have no idea what leadership is like and should remain at the jobcentre desu

lmao

Attached: ARMMBS81HE70LD.png (500x310, 11K)

>but saaarge, i don wanna wear the body armor, it's heavy and uncomfortable!! why can't i be a high speed low drag operator like the one i saw on tv last night!?

Unironically would have rather worn this in afghanistan.

>unit gets issued full iotv set up.
>unit gets issued gucci plate carriers.
>commander refuses to authorize pc's
>requires all iotv attachments to be worn by everyone when outside the wire
>requires us to wear knee and elbow pads as well
>have to show him how I literally cannot sit in my husky fully kitted up
>husky is designed to seat a 5'8" male who IS NOT WEARING ARMOR
>padded seat is designed to cradle legs, hips, lumbar spine area and back to prevent spinal damage from ied/landmine detonation
>commander is tool, says "theyre required, figure it out. You Will wear all required gear while outsode the wire."
>literally couldnt turn the steering wheel or lift my foot to drive the vehicle.

Commanders policies are retarded. The level of protection offered by the additional iotv attachments is not sufficiently high to merit wearing it and heat stroking when walking on flat, level ground in 120+ dgree weather. The argument can be made that wearing the groin and kidney protector pads on the plate carrier is the best combination of protection and mobility.

It is always a compromise between mobility and protection. And in the mountains and deserts of afghanistan, with very little urban conflict, the IOTV and full dapps set is retarded.

>I'm gonna not wear my protection because it's isn't FUCKING COMFORTABLE
What a fucking waste of skin go commit fuck pencil sharpener

Neverserved CoD faggotposting

Jesus fuck it's sure been pretty summer on this board this week

It's about mobility you fat fuck

You'd think you would wear the shit that is designed to protect your dick & balls from high speed metal shrapnel that's graciously provided to you but hey maybe that's just me

Well yeah. You're walking around in open sun 99.5% of the time when patrolling, and in combat only part of the remaining 0.5%. Comfort and mobility is vastly more important compared to the minute amount of circumstantial protection that wearing a yoke and deltoid set would offer.

I wear the crotch because I like to have my nuts tickled when I run, thats about it. Other than that, METTC. If I am in any sort of gunner position on a permanent MTOW I would, other than that, nope.

I would wear this and that's only because its actual hard protection, shame only highspeed units have the option for this. Otherwise I follow Unit SOP.

Attached: 2017_06_13_15_34_42_16.jpg (1000x534, 146K)

>dealing with a slight discomfort
t. someone that has never served in the military, rucked miles and miles with already too much shit that realistically isnt going to save you anyway

Think I founded the Soft-Skilled Personnel here, even POGs have more balls than you.

Look at this fucking lo-speed hi-drag shit, it barely covers your lungs, leaves your entire intestine exposed to shrapnel and enemy gunfire, not to mention it doesn't protect your family jewels, you might as well not wear any armor at all if your only focus is to cover your heart alone and leave all the other gooey bits unprotected. The interceptor might have been heavy, cumbersome, bulky, but at least it protected your whole torso. Minimalist plate carriers are no armor at all.

>actual war being about walking thirty miles a day with a huge rucksack on your back

Is summer always this bad?

FACT soft armor is a meme that weighs you down.

Attached: 62264727_125361638676013_1863965031360626688_n.jpg (536x370, 58K)

It's uncomfortable but, I would say it's probably pretty nice for sitting in a humvee driving around

You have to be 18 to post here

That being said I actually like the dick cover nomatter how awkward it is to move around with.

Have you tried asking? Not saying its an option for your unit, but there were regular guys and even reservists in Afghanistan in 2015-16 with AVS and CPC vests. If its got an NSN, your only obstacle is whether its authorized by your COC. Cant hurt to know.

>what is walking up and down the hills of afghanistan on patrols in the summer
Oh gee I'm sure glad I have all this extra shit

That helmet literally already exists and is in service
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Combat_Helmet_(United_States)

>t. poorfag that uses milsurp armor

Hes right tho retards. Can't casvac as easy when fighting a 1st or even 2nd world nation.

Attached: 43527262_2311589415544914_1793517719346216960_n.jpg (960x932, 88K)

That dude was wearing a flak jacket from the 80's that was never rated to stop pistol rounds and was likely expired by several decades. It's no surprise the armor failed.

And there in goes with SOP, you think I haven't asked?

True, but also utterly irrelevant. We're never fighting China because we're too economically codependent, Russia cant afford to fight a conventional opponent and we're going out of our way to de-escalate Iran. There are no 1st or 2nd world countries who would oppose us.

There will be war with China eventually. Economic co-dependence failed to stop the last two world wars.

Anyway, isn’t the US scrambling to get some new AA units?

You do realize if you cut apart the IBA and leave only the actual protection, the area of lvl IV protection is the same size as that minimalist PC? Man, get this fucking retarded shit out of my face you fucking cherry.

Apologies for sounding so salty, but a dude in my company got his arm blasted off back in 2010 and he was wearing his deltoids, if he had actual hard plates on, it would have saved his arm. So when I brought it up to the PLs, the CO and the XO, they decided it was better off to not play the Brigade S4 game and denied the request, even when we had funding for the harnesses and there was enough extra side plates chilling in the Division CIF for quadruple our MTOW.

America doesn't fight countries that have air power.

And you know what the best part is? The side plates got sent to the scrap yard AND the battalion used the extra funding to buy Tents they used for the TOCs that were never sent overseas. Gotta love fucking spineless brown nosing officers.

>heh. don't worry pri. this body armor will protect you from the 9mm projectiles our enemies are shooting at us.

also heat casualties exhaustion etc etc

you will be slower and easier to maneuver on and that is the essence of combat, not wearing something rated for 9mm

FACT: ZOGbots are cheap.

Attached: 1561097347712.png (960x540, 773K)

well one thing i can say for sure is that it isn't actual war

>that thing stopping 7.62x39
doubt it

yeah and the rest of that area will save you from the odd shrapnel that would otherwise be lethal

yeah i suppose it'll just surrender when such a power comes around

if your enemy isn't using indirect fire against you that might be a clue that you aren't fighting an actual real war but glorified policing operation

Checked but also wrong

Attached: 05013877.jpg (2448x3264, 2.48M)

except mortar attacks were a DAILY thing in iraq and afghanistan u nigger

\

I'm alive thanks to the ACH, which in my undertsnading is the army's ECH. This is an example I pulled off google, too lazy to dig through my hard drive for my actual picture.

Attached: size0-army.mil-2007-07-06-085825.jpg (640x963, 441K)

army.mil/article/3908/soldier_uses_his_head_in_fight

The article.

>implying it wasn't just a long range glancing shot

>An Iraqi terrorist shot him at point-blank range with a pisto

Heres another.

Attached: sggvIli.jpg (1920x1200, 689K)

Read You fuck faces are fucking retarded and jump the gun like the fucking cherries you are.

We could set our watches by the Thursday night attack. At 2336 like fucking clockwork we'd take a salvo of mortar fire, they'd pump a RPGs at us, and try to light a guard tower up. One time they got a hold of some actual Paki missiles and lobbed those at us which was fun.

The ACH and ECH are two different helmets. The ACH is older, and is roughly Level II or IIIA. The ECH is maybe around Level III. The ECH however, can definitely stop rifle rounds at a flat angle from close range.

A Staff Sergeant Steven McQueen got shot in the back of his ECH by a PKM and lived. The Army even put it in a plaque for him.

yeah i read it and it said that an Iraqi terrorist shot hit at point-blank range with a pistol
what's your fucking point? ww2 steel helmets could stop a pistol round

No way that jacket type armor was pistol rated. I have a friend who is issued the old ass UCP jacket type second chance armor. I told him he can use my PC when they deploy because there is no way a vest from 02 is still serviceable

Testing has shown that PASGT vests, depending on age, can stop pistol rounds. I don't know a whole lot about what can rapidly degrade kevlar, but I imagine that him dying the vest black certainly didn't help the 40 year old kevlar, and that's if the vest wasn't degraded already.

>I have a friend who is issued the old ass UCP jacket type second chance armor
You mean the Interceptor? I prefer that to the piece of shit that is the IOTV honestly. It also depends on the age of the inserts in the vest itself. I picked one up a few months back that was made right before they started making IOTV's, but the inserts were from 2016. Further, it just depends on how the vest was stored. I imagine if PASGT vests from the 80's can still stand up to buckshot and pistols if they aren't all kinds of fucked up, Interceptor inserts that are 20 or so years old, often less, will still be servicable if they were stored properly.

Run faster so they don't zero on you, you lazy plate-nigger.

Or you can suck my balls?

If it was up to me we'd be in balaclavas shirtless covered in Tats and use AKs

Post minimal to no armor aesthetics.

Attached: vdv_chechnya.jpg (1024x1498, 346K)

So what you’re saying is it still protects most of the stuff that would kill you immediately? Sure does sound like it’s fulfilling the point of modern body armor.

Truthfully they will be facing armor piercing 7.62 better to wear nothing at all so bullet goes straight through and does not leave fragment.

Attached: 1552912351403.jpg (231x225, 6K)

Not to mention the pelvis is pretty much the main stabilizing bone in the body, shatter that and the person is done. And the artery that runs through it. And not having the best part of your body blown off by shrapnel.

>this post was brought to you by the Pelvis Protection™ (PP) gang

>what are arteries
>what are projectiles coming from any other direction than from straight ahead

Things that they make tourniquets for and things that if they kill you immediately soft armor probably wouldn’t stop anyway.

yeah because soft armor can't do anything to a small piece of shrapnel that manages to nick an artery in your neck or groin, have fun applying tourniquets there
jeesus christ i really am arguing with people the think flack jackets are useless and do nothing useful compared to plate carriers

>t. never served

Attached: laughing_allied_whores.jpg (422x284, 25K)

>manages to nick an artery in your neck or groin,
>neck
One, soft armor doesn’t cover your whole neck. Second, I’ve seen shrapnel wounds to the neck before, quick clot and a pressure dressing do wonders.

>groin
That’s what junctional tourniquets are for.

And I forgot
>flack jackets are useless and do nothing useful compared to plate carriers
Is a pretty true statement. Most modern militaries agree with it.

No you fucking retard, if you cut apart the IBA and leave the plate only, you remove much needed shrapnel protection that it's there to protect your lungs, intestines, lower guts, everything else, you colossal bumbling idiot.