CAMO/MILITARIA THRAED

It's once again time to show off all that funky-smelling old military stuff you've found at surplus stores, flea markets and the like.

Attached: 50 Shades of M62.jpg (2000x1500, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telo_mimetico
youtube.com/watch?v=C2sm094BotU
forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/products/yugoslavian-woodland-jacket
shadowspear.com/vb/threads/reed-cundiff.21935/page-2
norwaygeographical.com/gore-tex-vs-sympatex-technology/
ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=sumpfmuster&_osacat=40794&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=sumpftarn&_sacat=40794
amazon.com/Rothco-Vintage-Vietnam-Fatigue-X-Large/dp/B000NN4D34/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=tiger stripe bdu&qid=1561494063&s=gateway&sr=8-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does anyone know what type of goggles these are? Are there any good places to get a pair online?

Attached: goggles.jpg (1277x719, 97K)

Just copped pic related at a shitty* consignment store I hadn't visited in ages.

*=they cater to the instagram attention whore crowd, so 99% of the stuff on sale is gaudy slut clothing

Basic Soviet-made dust/wind goggles used by military vehicle crews and civilian motorcyclists alike.
Varusteleka has some in stock right now, as do various sellers on eBay.

Attached: Soviet border guard 1st type Spetsodezhda jacket.jpg (1177x1200, 900K)

Attached: 8249.jpg (659x700, 231K)

More recent finds.

Attached: Soviet birch camo pants and Finnish border guard's custom battledress jacket.jpg (1200x1088, 947K)

Not much to find locally at this time. Got a couple yesterday though.

US L-torch. Seems a bit more advanced than the first one I got; a red screen in the bottom lid, as well as a spare bulb, and a handy metal hook too.

Attached: us pw flashlight.jpg (823x762, 124K)

Norwegian E-tool, in its most current version afaik. The first one I was issued as a boot still had Wehrmacht stampings in the metal.

Attached: norw pw etool.jpg (1386x1274, 349K)

What's your preferred gore-tex outer shell? I currently have only the Austrian M65 in gore-tex and I find it's just too bulky to pack for summer use in a backpack. Just looking for a top and currently looking at the ECWCS Gen 3, Gen 1, or the flecktarn parka. I already have flecktarn pants in gore-tex.

I've got this to test out this summer. German army rain jacket in fancy material which the seller said was Goretex. I dunno about that, but it looks like it will be quite adequate against wind and rain.

Attached: german flecktarn Bundeswehr Nässeschutzjacke 1a.jpg (884x1169, 254K)

>they cater to the instagram attention whore crowd,

Explains the surplus garbage

Damn, nice find.

Attached: ROK School Drill Boonie Hat (Commercial).jpg (2223x1359, 1.07M)

Got a pack here I could use some help with. Not a recent purchase, and the seller knew nothing about it. I assume warsaw pact from the coarse material. What really puzzles me is what this pack is meant for. The backstraps are fiendishly complicated yet do not seem to be sturdy enough for a pack of this size - I'd say it is about 35-40L.

Attached: mystery backpack 1a.jpg (1457x1435, 465K)

Why SANDF has to make EVERYTHING camo is beyond me
Fucking bibles and everything

Attached: IMG_20190622_231404.jpg (3120x4160, 3.14M)

I'm thinking these straps are either meant for attaching to a belt, or for being hooked up to wall mount. Never saw one like it.

Attached: mystery backpack 1b.jpg (1476x1470, 572K)

Only stamp that wasn't just a blob of ink.

Attached: mystery backpack 1cc.jpg (1060x620, 308K)

I'm still stupid when it comes to taking photos

Mozambique army, apparently also used by the Northern Alliance

Attached: IMG_20190622_231112.jpg (3120x4160, 2.97M)

I found Italian WW2 Paratrooper camo (unused) at a local store.

its priced 175 USD

>should I buy?

Either Cameroon or Benin

Attached: IMG_20190622_231244.jpg (3120x4160, 3.13M)

If it was real they would ask for more. What makes you think it is genuine ww2 rather than postwar or a copy?

that's why im asking you guys, the price sounds too good to be true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telo_mimetico

Recognizing the pattern is nice. Unless you can tell an original garment from one made after the war by seams and markings, the value of the item lies in adding to your camo collection or to use it as ww2 larping kit. There's nothing wrong with larping and reenacting and cosplay or building a display, I've done it all, but collecting is a different game. Personally I don't have room for any more copies and the supply is infinite.

Polish kostka backpack from peoples republic
Was meant to be attached to belt and suspenders combo
Could also be a post issue addition, these were really popular in the 90s and 80s and a lot of people (Especially punks and metals) had them, so it wouldnt be unlikely they would add some belts to it

Attached: cb1b65a9d0da69d0a6829696f43f583a_1000_1000_1_0.jpg (1000x1000, 150K)

I just ordered a whole set of Belgian Jigsaw including a huge rucksack

That is perfect. I don't seem to find any pics of it in actual use right away, but I have time. Thanks.

Wanna know the best part? It was only 5 EUR.

>There's nothing wrong with larping and reenacting and cosplay or building a display

WRONG

Neat, weird coloration. Like a dry season M63 shirt.

I've seen Mag Force products before, but never a lizard coat. Are they South African?
Most lizard M64/F1 stuff I see is either Chinese or French export made.

Attached: ROK Army Granite B Field Jacket (Sgt. Chae, 6th Corps) (2016).jpg (1537x1728, 1.08M)

Anyone know what website sells the Adidas Camouflage?

Is there any source of Serbian M93 camo, or even repro?

youtube.com/watch?v=C2sm094BotU

Attached: Serbian_M93_camo_hoodie.png (588x716, 272K)

Greyshop

Googling it comes up with a bunch of companies, one of them seems Chinese which would fit with Camopedia description of "cheap, Chinese material"

forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/products/yugoslavian-woodland-jacket

Reposting this bad boy.
Might even consider selling or trading it since I already have an identical cap that came with the rest of the uniform.

Attached: Grey police cap.jpg (1200x934, 985K)

Thanks!!!

Attached: US Army Experimental Urban Tracks Camouflage ACH-MICH Cover (2000's) (PR).jpg (2304x1728, 1.44M)

Attached: 20181011_172239.jpg (4032x1960, 2.55M)

Nice, I got one of them too.

Attached: IMG_20190410_151844.jpg (2304x4608, 2.34M)

I found these Czechoslovak runes on my m85 liner.

Attached: 749A8B9E-CD4F-4647-A3A7-1C1D72418A0F.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

It says "Help! I'm being held captive in a clothing factory!"

Wow, nice display. I'm more tempted to get an ACH just so I can display mine.

Neat, apparently Tornal'a is a little town in Slovakia.
My Romanian leaf parka liner had some too, I love finding personal writings on stuff.

Attached: romanian parka names.jpg (1383x1037, 713K)

Attached: IMG_20190623_195351685_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 1.38M)

Attached: IMG_20190623_200319740_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 1.87M)

Attached: IMG_20190623_200632252_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 2.23M)

One day we'll get Nork camo.
And only the manletest of manlets will get to wear it.

Attached: 1553999058047.jpg (3543x2355, 1.17M)

Some day...

Attached: IMG_20190623_202441548_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 2.04M)

Is there any websites that have a decent selection of Asian milsurp? Especially obscure stuff from the countries that aren't China, Japan, or Russia.

What are those guns? I get that its a Nork propaganda parade but are those actually functioning and produced firearms?

Anyone know where to get SADF nutria brown pants that aren’t in XXL looking for 32-34

Idk about now, but I picked up a full set that size from the Kommando store a few years back. I can fully operate with UPS-core gear

How close is nutria brown to FDE/coyote? You can get "coyote brown" BDUs, boonie hats, etc., from a number of US sources.

I’d buy a camo bible just for shits and giggles

I regret shitposting about Belgian Jigsaw because now all you faggots are buying it up

Anyone noticed a surge in popularity of afghanka kit since Chernobyl came out

Anyone know what kind of tigerstripe camo this is? My grandpa got it from a friend who was in Vietnam. The pic is of the pants and the stripes are horizontal. I have both the top and bottom and have no idea what they are worth.

Attached: 294FAEEF-D8F9-4700-B5CC-2C0DBD8F1B6E.jpg (3264x2448, 2.23M)

fake shit

I know for a fact it existed before the 80s, and was worn often if you mean the sun bleaching.

prove it

If it were real you would not hesitate to show off the whole thing.

FAKE FAKE FAKE

Here

Attached: 9B0468E7-2792-49C8-8961-78D81D73FDC4.jpg (3264x2448, 2.09M)

fake

There were many variations of tigerstripe using somewhat different colored dyes from different manufacturers even when the pattern was the newest big thing, 50+ years ago. Collectors talk about "golden" and "sparse" and "tadpole" and "John Wayne" pattern variants.

Adding to the turbo autismo fun, there has been repro tigerstripe made by various manufacturers in various countries ever since about five minutes after it was fielded, sometimes using the same-ish color palette, sometimes not.

There is repro tigerstripe being made right now. Some of it is more authentic-looking than others. There is also "tigerstripe" camo made by Propper and Rothco that uses the four color palette of 1980s M81 Woodland instead of the original four colors, and it's weird looking--the pattern they're using is about half the scale of the original, and all the super dark brown and almost black olive drab makes all blur together into a dark green blur, almost black, past 50 yards or so.

Pic attached shows original tigerstripe uniforms being worn by OG Airborne LRRPs from the 101st back around 1969.

Attached: VN_tiger_stripe.jpg (1200x945, 128K)

There's always been a lot more fake and repro tigerstripe camo out there (see pic) than the real thing that anyone ever wore in-country, but how can you tell from the pictures he's shown?

Attached: rothco-tigerstripe-bdu-pant.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

Thanks for the info, that gives me a start on what to google in the morning.

too many details wrong

he needs to buy a fucking book, but he won't since he's trying to drum up interest for his inevitable dump on ebay.

i'm not posting shit since the info will end up in the hands of counterfeiters and will further fuck up the market for the rest of us.

Nah, there’s a guy in a nearby town I met who buys and sells milsurp stuff, he has a bunch of mannequins wearing them and all that. I mentioned I had this and his eyes lit up, he said I should find out what kind it is, so here I am. If it is worth it then I might sell it, but desu I’d rather keep it.
On that note are there any books on the subject that aren’t expensive as hell?

About that photo, the guy on the right is Reed Cundiff, and the guy on the left is Manuel "Mannie" Moya.
Reed is still alive and kicking and participates in military forums and has tons of amazing stories.
>shadowspear.com/vb/threads/reed-cundiff.21935/page-2
Manuel Moya died in a car accident back in 1979.

Attached: US Army OG-107 Utility Shirt (SPC Hartley, 101st Airborne 1st Army).jpg (1529x1728, 1.01M)

Is sympatex. Same shit in practice

Like everyone bought it for your shitposting, and not because its nice

Made me go look. Found a nice comparison at norwaygeographical.com/gore-tex-vs-sympatex-technology/ (of all places...)

Basically the Gore-Tex has micropores that are small enough to stop water drops from entering yet allow steam to leave, while Sympatex fabric expands to let moisture out. Gore-Tex is the more hardwearing while Sympatex is more comfy. If I read that article right.

Any marine corps PX has a million of these lying in a bucket that nobody buys, i still have a few from boot camp

Words cannot explain how I feel about you guys who are privileged to have a PX or milsurp store so close that you don't need four trains and two plane rides to go there. Because I do. It kinda puts a cramp into my shopping urges.

Sumpfmuster parka and hat repros when?

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 44K)

Now, miltec makes a repro parka and almost every hat is commercially made

Attached: Romanian M1994 Fleck M43 Field Cap.jpg (1563x1409, 1.18M)

Attached: IMG_20190403_211842421_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 640K)

TFW that vintage canvas you thought was WWII British turns out to be postwar Belgian

Attached: Holster Two (4).jpg (3613x2581, 1.69M)

Gotta watch out for that ABL.
Lot of sellers try to pass Belgian stuff off as Brit for a profit.
Otherwise Belgian stuff is typically a nice, cheaper alternative to Brit kit.

Attached: Hungarian M1949-82 Three Color ''Swirl'' Camouflage Shirt (1990).jpg (1361x1728, 846K)

Attached: IMG_20190531_120649269_HDR.jpg (3264x2448, 520K)

Ayy I've got two first model Blumentarn jackets that I want to sell to fund my arktis addiction, anyone interested?

Would you know where I can pick up one of those parkas? I can't seem to find them online.

Are they legit marching with fake guns?

NK is the world's most determined poser nation. Everything they show off has a propaganda factor built in. Fake rockets, fake tanks, fake optics. Maybe the guns are just plastic. Maybe they are AK74s with a shotgun welded on top; weighs a ton but might be functional.

Dunno if this is the right place, but does anyone know the plate size for the polish KLV vest?

Gotta wonder if the nukes are fake too, and the US gooberment is going along with gag because it's a way to keep the peasants terrified and in line.

Thanks! It's not permanently on display.. yet. I need more room.

Real ones show up on ebay.de fairly frequently. Whether or not theyre particularly affordable or will ship to you is another matter

ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=sumpfmuster&_osacat=40794&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=sumpftarn&_sacat=40794

Shitty knockoff XM-29. Probably fake as hell

I had the second look at the guns, and as far as I can tell, it's basically a Mosin welded on top of an AK-74.
It might function, but it's definitely for show. You can even see the bolts on the Mosins above the magazine at the rear.

I wouldn’t even bother here. Most of the shit tier collectors that frequest this dump wouldn’t recognize a high value item if it slapped them in the face.

Go somewhere with real collectors, like a private forum which I’m sure you’ll have no problem being admitted to if that’s the caliber of goods you sell.

Found this in a Milsurp store the other day for like $90, is it legit and is that a good price?

Attached: IMG_20190622_112405.jpg (682x910, 213K)

All the west truly know of NK nuclear capability is what they can observe with long distance instruments and satellite cameras. I doubt His Greatness could eat nuclear soup then take a fart without some measuring needle outside their border taking a bounce. So they can fake a kaboom with conventional explosives but it won't fool anyone important. So if the US wanted to go along with the bluff they'd also need to have England, France, Russia and China along. And those guys couldn't agree on folding an envelope if their lived depended on it.

$50 is way to much for a used BDU shirt unless it's something rare and weird.

This doesn't look like any of the real period tigerstripe patterns to me, though I could be wrong. It looks like the super dark Rothco repro with the skinny half-scale stripes, right down to the diagonal slant pockets that were a feature of Vietnam-era olive drab fatigue shirts.

Look here, amazon.com/Rothco-Vintage-Vietnam-Fatigue-X-Large/dp/B000NN4D34/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=tiger stripe bdu&qid=1561494063&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Like I said, I could be wrong, but they look awfully similar, right down to the same color plastic buttons.

No and no, it's a rothco repro

Attached: Vietnamese K-94 ''Lá Tre'' Tiger Bamboo Leaf Uniform (2003).jpg (1759x1728, 1.2M)

Attached: Boeing-USN Test Pilot's MA-1 Flight Jacket.jpg (1869x1728, 1.19M)

Attached: Ugandan National Resistance Army Vertical Lizard Smock (1980's).jpg (1523x1728, 1.15M)

...so, has anyone here thought about designing a camo pattern? Maybe even not "the ultimate bestest" but more along the lines of "something effective, limited to 3 or 4 colors, that would be relatively inexpensive to print."

Four colors, digital, with an FDE base, for arid regions. I am thinking maybe dark olive drab instead of the medium green to increase contrast and disruption.

And, obviously, by swapping palettes and colors, this arrangement of pixelated shapes can be desert, it can be woodland, etc.

Attached: hoodie_in_arid_digital_camo.png (571x713, 178K)

i own one, confy but not worth it

post the tags or any thing printed inside

they look like they are cut like the early od uniforms they also used in korea before the ripstop slant-cargo bdu's

Attached: tumblr_mh23eriyEt1qivon6o1_540.jpg (519x715, 56K)

I've worn both in the field and on deployment. You're pretty much spot on as far as new material, but when goretex is worn in and properly taken care of it feels the same as good sympatex. Functionally they're the same on the grunt's end