What's Jow Forums's opinon on shoulder holsters?

What's Jow Forums's opinon on shoulder holsters?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com(2).jpg (474x444, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Military-Horizontal-Shoulder-Holster-Arm-Double-Carrier-Gun-Holder-UniversalB7T7/351975450256?var=621502285304
andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doing civilian work, or non warzone service, pretty neat.

Take it into combat, your just asking for a hard time with the rest of the shit you are carrying. Why do you think pistols aren't a general issue?

Super classy
Not always practical but always looks good
Great for some guns like the PPK

>maximum autism

I carry either a 44 mag, 357 mag, or 10mm auto depending on the day. All in a shoulder holster.

Comfortable to wear. Nobody else seems to notice, and if they do notice they must not care.

Ultimately the best way to carry a handgun I'd say. Just speaking from personal experience.

k is like 60% fantasy about shooting niggers, what are you talking about?

God damn sexy

If you're comfortable carrying that way, I don't see the problem in doing so. Use big bore revolvers or pre 80s semi auto pistols for maximum aesthetics.

Shoulder holsters are for the big iron. Everything else deserves a regular holster.

Aesthetic AF, but not practical.

Attached: det. vwave.jpg (1440x738, 209K)

Where in that question does it say "I wanna shoot people of color?"

Good if you're wearing a formal suit. Or jacket. Meh if you don't.

Seems impractical if you don't wear a jacket all the time, and nobody really does that anymore, not even Wall St. Looks cool, though.

Attached: miamivice.jpg (580x435, 182K)

Only for the most badass of badasses. So not for you OP.

I used one when when I had my R1.
Still have the holster, hardly ever use it unless its winter.

Friend of mine is a literal clown and would wear a commander 1911 in a shitty nylon shoulder holster with a ballon tied to it for retention under his bright red vest. Everytime he'd bend over to pick shit up it'd fall out.

I deliver prescription medication and I am considering this as an option. IWB isn't comfy for getting in and out of cars, OWB is obnoxious and I don't want to freak old people out, also isn't that comfy in a car. I could wear a nice shoulder holster and not worry about concealing my gun as long as I have a button down shirt on.

Also not gunna lie, I really like the way they look.

what a bout a double ?
Military Horizontal Shoulder Holster Arm Double Carrier Gun Holder
ebay.com/itm/Military-Horizontal-Shoulder-Holster-Arm-Double-Carrier-Gun-Holder-UniversalB7T7/351975450256?var=621502285304

Attached: 47.gif (497x263, 2.71M)

pros
>very comfortable, especially if you have back pain
>can carry full sized service pistols with ease
>can larp as a detective or secret agent
>more practical if youre sitting for extended periods
cons
>the best ones are expensive and need to be assembled yourself, and trust me you dont want a cheap one
>can feel awkward if youre not used to it/not adjusted properly
>need to have the appropriate clothes, so its not as easy as slapping on an IWB or OWB
>draw time will be slower
>you need to get the clips that attach to your belt or else it can swing around

I think everyone should have at least one, I do but I only use for like half the year at best

Do you wear it under a jacket or under a shirt?

I got a Galco Miami Classic II for my 229. It now sits unused in my closet. I have all the extra attachments to keep it secure, I still didn't like it. Should something happen and I need to draw to save my life there are too many extra steps in retrieving my firearm. Opening my shirt, undoing the retention strap and cross drawing is slower than retrieval from AIWB, where I just reach under and draw.
I'm in Florida, where the summers are brutal. It's not so much the heat as the humidity, and you're asking for a world of discomfort and fidgeting if you want to go shoulder rig in the summer here. I always go AIWB now, nothing really problematic about it. You have to go with what works for you. Sometimes you have to go through a few holsters to figure it out. I went through 3 before I found what works me.

Ive done both, under a shirt is easier IMO that way you can take the jacket off if needed. But thats a lot of layers so if it gets warm where you live you can expect to not use a shoulder holster for a good portion of the year

They're practical if you drive for a living

what are the best ascetically pleasing guns for a shoulder holster? I feel like a glock 19 is too boring for such a classic set up

Attached: 1560647981770.png (1440x1080, 2.91M)

I kind of want one so I can carry my full-size bois. They look absolutely based.

That is a matter of personal preference. Not everyone likes wheel guns, the rest don't like the ACP. What do you feel comfortable with?

I normally have a loose womens blouse on as I like the shape.
the only thing is that they tend to taper in at the waist.
Couldn't I just carry a smaller gun in my purse?

Why not a thigh holster? What do you intend to carry?

1911 for 20's-50's bootlegger/detective larping
magnum revolver for 60's-80's larping
beretta 92 for maximum 80's larping
single shot rifle cartridge target pistol for maximum 80s badguy or space bounty hunter larping

>thigh holster
no, I normally have a nice pear of jeans on as I like the way they lift and shap my butt.
Its a little trick I learned and nobody ever knows they are womens jeans unless you tell them.

The only thing to be aware of is the VPL problem but there are other ways to deal with that lol ;)

>I like the way they lift and shap my butt
it disturbs me that that's not even the gayest thing I've seen on Jow Forums

they look really cool but also look very uncomfortable.

like bras hahaha

but that's the opposite. most bras are boring and bras are made to support your mantitties

I have that exact holster for a Beretta Inox, bought it for the aesthetics and almost never wear it. I regret nothing. If I go to a Jow Forums wedding it's the obvious choice.

I want to get a custom one made here for my Browning Hi Power but I live in a state with no concealed or open carry so it would be completely useless except for looking cool

andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

i've seen guys get shoulder holsters just to carry their phone and wallet and stuff. pretty neat desu i'd do it if i dressed nicer in general

I guess they don't teach gun safety in clown college. You'd think they would.

Honestly the area I live is such a shithole that doing something like that would probably get the police sicked onto me by some soccermom who thinks anything-holsters are "toxic representations of gun culture" or some shit like that.

Sensiblechuckle.png

Great if you have back pain that makes carrying a load on a belt incredibly uncomfortable like I do. Inferior to a belt holster in almost every other way though.
Also, everyone mentioning driving wears their pants hanging off their ass like a nigger.

You mean colored people?

we're not all fat retards that can hip or kidney holster a service pistol without noticing it
>i have back pain
fucking imagine that

You can hide them under a shirt, but you either have to unbutton to drawer or be comfortable going full sleazecore
>mfw I'm out in public with my hairy gut hanging out through my single buttoned Aloha shirt with my P2ksk in a Galco classic lite underneath

Seen one I really wanted a while back. Was like 80 or 90 bucks. I just felt like I HAD to buy bullets instead. Really been kicking myself over it since then just can't seem to find any that are useful for most of my guns now.

I had a back pain when I ran a 2:18 trail 25k with basically no prep besides running 9 miles a week and having a 475lb deadlift. Even with bitchmode numbers llike that I had big enough lats to hide a USP .45 at 4 o'clock. Stop being such a skinny faggot.

does your friend work on a space station by chance?

i doubt it. have you been outside recently? shit nigger I was once on a plane sitting next to a dude wearing one of those

Yes I have. Literally have not seen anyone wearing one. Standard phone holsters on the belt, yes, but not the shoulder ones.

are soccer moms calling the cops on everyone all the time or is this a scenario youve made up in your head to justify why you wont get a shoulder holster for your HuaWei

Aka a docker's clutch

You underestimate how intolerant the typical normie is. There's also the issue that the cops are far less likely to simply talk to you and just straight up attack you nowadays due to how amped up everyone is.

This. The police work on the "better safe than sorry" model when responding to reports of a possible armed threat. Knowing this, you should respond that way to them too.

wow i'm sorry you live in a third world ex-commie state full of secret police, don't buy a set of pockets on a leather strap then if it'll get you murdered by police instantly

it's a wonder they even sell the things!!! what a honeypot

>take unnecessary risks, bro
>bad things never happen to anyone

Spoken like a true glownigger

>this elaborate response
sure you did, bucko

Ive got an old beat to shit Galco M9 shoulder rig I use. When I got it it was zip tied together and it was missing most bolts. It still is missing the bolts for the mag pouch but thats it. The damn thing flies everywhere whenever I move or need to bend over. Im about to cut a hole into the gun holster and tie some paracord on it to tie the fucker to my belt. I sure wish I didnt lose my good cheap custom holster.

is it better to get a horizontal or vertical one?

depends on your weight

which is better for which weight?

what do you think?

i wonder if i could sell a john mclane holster. all i need is one memey youtuber to advertise it

Attached: image.jpg (1279x720, 149K)

I'm a skeleton with a beer gut. I was asking more about safety and which is easier to draw though. I heard some ranges won't let you draw from a horizontal rig.

I much prefer VHs due to the weight being in line with your shoulder and the draw pattern. If you are fat enough or have a short enough gun a HH may work but then youre flagging every single person you meet at some point.

They are practical

Also here's a better version of what you posted

Attached: Jonathan.gif (500x254, 241K)

chest rig mounted holster solves this

N

>draw time will be slower
git gud

Ruger GP100 With .357 for in town and normal civilization
S&W 460 When I’m out in the woods hiking, carry a Ruger LCRX in the waistband as a backup.

Not my first choice, but they're acceptable. I have one for my 8" S&W Model 27.

>I normally have a womens blouse on as I like the shape
>purse
>doesn't even pretend to be a female, is honest that he just likes to crossdress
>
the fuck is wrong with you

Gay

I have a horizontal carry shoulder rig I carry when I'm doing specific work or in specific -weather.-

In the winter, I like to have my firearm just below my outer most jacket so I don't have to fumble with clothing to clear the holster. Also, it's nice if I'm tromping through brush and sweating that I don't have my gun super close to my sweaty body meat. Bonus for any amount of time I spend in a vehicle or sitting position, since it's super easy to get to and it doesn't bother me while sitting.

you seem fat
are you fat

Yeah, I'm definitely soggy in the mid-section. I can still work outdoors innawoods though and where I'm at it's pretty mountainous. So, incline. Also, I refuse to carry a compact/subcompact. I just carry full sizes.

Attached: 1398516033791.jpg (500x500, 21K)

consider working out so that whatever gun you carry isn't just for show bro

What's wrong with cheap ones? Do they tilt and drop the pistol or something?

Big assumption there, bud. My speed to target even from concealed is really fucking good. I've worked jobs where I couldn't carry, and only had hands to bounce people with - and I'm confident in my abilities over most people I walk by every day.

Going to a gym isn't big on my personal priority list. I'll continue conditioning through rolling, and range time.

Speaking of the "swinging around thing." That's real as fuck. I don't like tucking in my shirts for the most part when I'm out fucking about in the woods. I use the belt loops, across my chest.

Realized when I started looking at old cowboy guns that most of their shoulder rigs fastened across the chest...

That's how I run my holster and it doesn't move for shit. And I've set chokers, slipped down hillsides, worked on vehicles and it stays put. Looks fucking awkward though, since it's not common anymore. Then again.... Who the fuck am I around? Maybe six other people spread out over a mountainside? Six people I work with, and don't really give a fuck what their personal opinions of me might be?

it isn't a big assumption that you are not a capable or perhaps as efficient as you could be
I am confident I could take people I walk by every day aswell but they're not gonna be the ones trying to attack or rob me, are they?
And regardless, there is always somebody stronger than you out there somewhere.
how overweight are you exactly? Are you capable of throwing hands? Capable of countering and standing stable after a double leg tackle? Do you have stocky thighs and legs? Do you have a strong upperbody? Because the latter is not going to matter if you can't use it efficiently in terms of movement and speed.
The fact that you have to shoulder carry to be comfortable is also a big drawback, because it's a bad carry method.
I am not saying you should get buff and shit, just losing weight. Being fit wouldn't hurt your health either.
There is nothing good about it, and no matter how fast you can draw and perform target aquisition if you are really overweight you would be lucky if you survived a firefight. Simply drawing fast is nothing, and even in the time of the old west people like Wyatt Earp pointed out you need more than a quick draw to survive.
I assume you don't expect to get in a shootout, but if you don't, then what is it if not for show?

I

>does your friend work on a space station by chance?
SPESSMEN

Iwb’s suck while seated in general. I wear a shoulder holster when I ride and any time I know I won’t remove my jacket

IWB holsters for summer, shoulder holster for winter

>when clown steals the careless detectives' gun and is now the clown detective

Attached: 122142115215.gif (300x200, 92K)

I dunno about Andrews

Attached: B71DAB63-0EC1-41B9-A9BA-C111A04F8315.jpg (354x316, 21K)

See, there's that thing where you're making a lot of assumptions again. Fat doesn't equate to obese. I have a pot-belly. I'm not a snowflake who thinks "well a little bit of fat isn't really fat." I think every bit of fat is fat, and I'm about 30 pounds overweight.

> The people walking by me aren't gonna be who attack me.

So, you don't think threats just happen. Like people who are in a line at the store during a robbery? Or a wild animal out innamountain?

I already said I've thrown hands with people including as part of jobs I've done in the past. I shared that my conditioning is rolling (fighting/sparring) and range time.

> The fact you have to shoulder carry....
> Shoulder carry is a bad carry method

Again, I said I like to shoulder carry for certain work or in certain weather. It's a tactical decision to be made depending on what I'm doing. I'm open to effectiveness and try not to lock myself into what youtube tells me is the hot thing to do for right now.

> I assume you don't expect to be in a shootout.
At least this time you said it explicitly. I've been guns out with shitbags and been shot at before. So... There's that.

I appreciate what you're saying (and moreover get your argument and generally support it) but you seem more interested in making a point and being correct than accurately examining the circumstances. I hope that it's just something you do on Jow Forums and that attitude doesn't show through in your everyday life. That might incline someone to be the kind of shooter that thinks they're tactical and shoots at a federal courthouse before making not hits and getting put down by a pistol from a court-cop.

Pay attention, it'll save your life... And your ego.

Attached: 1398085493682.jpg (324x271, 16K)

What do you mean? Pot-belly is obese.
>So, you don't think threats just happen. Like people who are in a line at the store during a robbery? Or a wild animal out innamountain?
Those aren't people, especially the latter, that you meet in your everyday life that perhaps you know or occasionally see, or even passerbys on the street.
Conditioning has nothing to do with losing weight. Its like saying that all you have to do is run to lose weight.
What exactly is "rolling", and what kind of drills do you do that are so athletic they can be called adequate workout?
>Again, I said I like to shoulder carry for certain work or in certain weather. It's a tactical decision to be made depending on what I'm doing.
My bad, I got the impression you meant that you shoulder carry because OWB and IWB is not viable for you.
>At least this time you said it explicitly. I've been guns out with shitbags and been shot at before. So... There's that.
Do tell
>but you seem more interested in making a point and being correct than accurately examining the circumstances
I understand it might seem that way but I am not the kind of stubborn and delusional retard that just argues on the internet for the sake of it and refuses to admit that he is wrong, it's just that I've been thinking lately that nobody (especially gun owners) should be overweight by choice or if they can do anything about it, and considering this is life and death shit I thought I should try to give some advice. I obviously don't know your situation or what kind of person you are etc, except that according to yourself you are overweight but you say that you aren't hindered enough for it to matter, you are confident that you can take care of yourself, and that going to the gym is not a priority in your life right now.
I'm not sure why I would shoot at federal courthouses.

Alessi w/ twin Detonics Combat Masters.

That was probably the point

G

>Pot-belly is obese.
Obese is a BMI over 30 I believe. 30 pounds overweight is unlikely to put him in that category.

Yeah I assumed he meant beer belly but I searched pot belly and the Wikipedia article redirected me to abominal obesity, which made me slightly confused.
And yes BMI > 30 = Obese, still too much to be a gun owner.

theyre just cheap pieces of shit, and shoulder holsters are more elaborate and cover your entire back. If the straps holding it together are made of cheap material, it isnt balanced right, or just feels cheap its way more noticeable and makes carrying it a hassle. Just spend the money on a glaco, assemble it yourself and mess around with it for a week until its proportioned to your size

BMI is inaccurate my dude, it all varies on a person to person basis. Let people have their fun as long as it's safe.

I think modern versions can have a sort of belt garter that connects from the belt to the bottom of the shoulder holster. That conceals it but prevents it from flopping around.

Not great, not terrible

Attached: A3A82AD4-D99A-4863-9350-3E6FFC56A979.jpg (640x360, 25K)

I'd wear one if I could get away with it. I hate having shit jammed down my pants or hanging off of one hip while I walk, especially a double stack. Carrying any weight distributed across your shoulders is always a better choice over using your pelvis. It would also make driving with the thing much better.

Desert Eagle