Glock 19 Gen 5 Improvements

What are some things I can do to my glock to make it a little better. I absolutely love my glock but I want to change out some stuff on it to give it a little more oomf. Any suggestions on what I can do?
>Inbf glock is trash bullies

Attached: Glock-17-Gen-5-river-e1504879403657-600x445.jpg (600x445, 41K)

Pic is g17 I know

sights and a spring kit.

Depends on your use really. I have a gen4 that serves me as ccw when I go to the city. Upgraded sights were first in my list.
I normally carry LC9S now since it’s so hot out (SC), do I usually keep it at night for HD duty. I slapped in a cheapo light.
The biggest thing I want to do next is upgrade to an apex trigger. Lots of folks swear by the stock trigger (it’s 100x better than the LC9S), but after the uptake it feels like mush to me.

Suppressor height sights and a RMR.

Other than that, nyet pistol is fine.

31 round extended magazine, or turn it into a roland special.

This plus maybe some grip texturing because nobody has ever wished they had a slippery gun.

throw it in the trash

Perfection(tm) is realizing that the gun is ideal out of the box for a self-defense tool, and the imperfection in the equation is YOU.

Glock could have designed it with a 3lb trigger out of the box, but they knew better. Perfection is realizing that the best course of action is to learn and use the perfection for what it is. Perfect yourself, rather than trying to perfect Perfection(tm).

HHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

GOT EM

I would leave it stock, like I do with my 17 gen4. Nightsights could maybe be considered but aren't in my opinion very useful.

Basically his.

If it's a range toy then night sights don't matter, but if you plan to carry it or use it for HD, they're invaluable.

They are less useful than you think. Sights are unironically not used at all in 99% of self defense shootings. Point shooting is the most important skill you can learn.

Throw it in the trash where it belongs and get a SIG

Attached: 1554091387284.jpg (456x549, 108K)

On top of this, practice point shooting at the range. You’ll be surprised at how accurate you can be if you already have good fundamentals

OMFG HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHH

BASED AND REDPILLED user, YOU GOT HIM BIG TIME

Yes Sirs, this is good post. Buy many sig and you will have reliable gun for life and life after when Saṃsāra.

Attached: 4fb85d0924a2962c57bf9fa6678c7da6.jpg (907x1024, 228K)

You can use night sights to help you point shoot. If you are near sighted, you might not even be able to see your sights on a handgun fully extended. With night sights, you can get a general idea of where the front and rear of the gun are from the glow.

1. 3.5lb ghost disconnector
2. extended slide release
3. metal sights of whatever variety you like

That's really all you need.

1. Glock could have given it a 3.5 trigger, but they knew that on a serious life or death tool, the shooter needs a gun that shoots only when he absolutely intends to, more than a gun that gets tyte groups at the range.

2. Yes because a gun that fails to lock back after the last round because the user couldn’t get his grip just right is desirable on a serious self defense tool.

3. Ok fine, get them if you want. Not like the stock sights aren’t usable but whatever.

You should be able to hit a human sized target at 7 - 15 yds just through point shooting. It won't be pretty and your groups won't look as good as they do on paper at the range, but it's more than enough to put down or deter most threats.

In a HD/self defense situation, chances are your target will be moving and you'll react out instinct without aiming down your sights anyway, more so if you're drawing from a holster.

Not saying don't put night sights on your weapon, but I seriously doubt they would have a meaningful effect on most nighttime HD/SD situations.

I will never purchase a firearm from Sig Sauer so long as they acquire their parts from India.

I remember when a sig takedown level failed during Fallujah. Lost a lot of men to that Halloween.

Just sights and a light and maybe an optic.
People stipple it and undercut it but the trigger guard is structural to the gun

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Leave it stock. If you really want to make mods make them external, like the sights, talon grip tape, etc. Dont mess with the internals they are already excellent from the factory, especially if you're going to carry it.

>What are some things I can do to my glock to make it a little better

Attached: 5245adf3a9483bfe488e5d58812cee89.jpg (1000x711, 74K)

lol sig...

>to give it a little more oomf.
Sell and buy a G23

>Gunfucius day
You should be writing training manuals or something

Great buy, OP. I just picked one up myself yesterday. No regrets

Better sights are a must, and an aftermarket mag release.

There was one that made glock mags seat more easily. A huge, legitimate performance issue with glocks is that the mags don't seat easily and will drop out after the first shot if quickly loaded under stress. Everything else is just preference bullshit but the mags don't fucking seat with the mag retaining thing it comes with stock. Throw that plastic shit out and put a metal one in. I forgot the brand but there's a few good ones, look for reviews that say it made it load mags easier I guess.

>Any suggestions on what I can do?

At a bare minimum, change out the sights if you have the plastic ones. Plastic glock sights are fucking trash and decent affordable irons like the OEM Glock metal ones or Defoor Ameriglos will make your life a thousand times better when shooting Glocks.

As far as internals, stick with OEM lest you enjoy potentially compromising reliability for little to no discernible levels in shooting performance. At most, get an OEM minus connector to lighten the trigger pull a tad bit. A Gadget SCD is a great upgrade if you wish to have an added layer of safety when drawing and reholstering. The best upgrade objectively is a good pistol class and a couple cases of ammo. There is no secret sauce that will make you shoot well and Glocks are capable of being shot extremely well, almost no one on Jow Forums can outshoot a Glock barrel or shoot faster than the slide.

>pic related; some of my glocks

Attached: 8324B6A2-B022-4EE7-96EC-8558466BBB43.jpg (1595x2046, 1.06M)

>What are some things I can do to my glock to make it a little better.
Sell it and buy a non-tupperware POS.

/thread/
The more you fuck with it, the more you realize it was better stock. I'll admit I have a 19gen4 and kinda wish I had gotten the 19x or even 17

the Pez dispenser was a great improvement

>Ny2 trigger kit
>Bigger mag release
>Bigger slide takedown thingy
>Bigger slide release
>Metal sights
>Light
>Threaded barrel if NFA-fag
>maybe some skateboard tape on the grip
>Lanyard loop near the magwell
>Ultra cool punisher backplate for cool points with the cops when you shoot a nigger