/gq/ - gear queer

Bro you just posted cringe Edition

>General guide
pastebin.com/4X2gsVwS

Attached: yikes (2).jpg (1600x852, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/TACTICAL-MOLLE-BACKPACK-DESERT-TAN-PREOWNED-EXCELLENT-CONDITION/392313621451?hash=item5b57b6cbcb:g:Wd8AAOSwdRdc220G
youtu.be/pByw-k4Isfg
511tactical.com/rapid-origin-pack-co.html
militech.aliexpress.com/store/128414,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how many gear discords are there now?

Probably a lot of gear servers but there's only one /gq/ discord, the other is a brand shilling discord.

Attached: daynoodlez.png (717x826, 562K)

Can someone help me source this?
The seller doesn't specify brand.

ebay.com/itm/TACTICAL-MOLLE-BACKPACK-DESERT-TAN-PREOWNED-EXCELLENT-CONDITION/392313621451?hash=item5b57b6cbcb:g:Wd8AAOSwdRdc220G

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1068x1600, 583K)

Looks like a Condor pack I had a long time ago.
It's most likely a generic aliexpress pack.

Good, stay in gq

Attached: 20190518_142345.jpg (2576x1932, 990K)

Honestly the daynoodles server is the same but has furries/trannys with a lot less posting and the TFD server is cringe central.

Finally going shooting for the first time in over a month

Attached: C7C717D6-15D4-4A70-9B6A-6E085BAEAFB2.jpg (1024x1820, 475K)

question for you guys that shoot your guns, so this might be the wrong thread

what brand of targets do you guys like
i've only owned steel ops since they were local to me but I'm curious about other options

Paper targets

None YKK zippers, unknown buckles, double stitch on molle. No thanks.

Probably chinko-shit

I meant for wide open private land, not fudd no rapid fire ranges

cardboard targets

MOAtargets.cawm
Dudes one of us, I'm 100% sure of it

Oh I'm fully aware it's chinkshit, I just want an ID on it. Not gonna be fielding it for any real use that requires quality.

what are other reputable Jow Forums approved companies for jackets?

the only non airshit clothes companies i'm really aware of are crye, arcteryx, and varusteleka

I'm looking for a jacket that has no chest pockets/buttons or anything to cause hot spots under a plate carrier, basically a jacket version of a combat shirt

If I'm not using comms, is there any real difference between Howard Leights with gel cups and say, Peltors or Sordins?

>hiding your face with insta filters
kill yourself

post your gear and face

IDK if they've got specifically what you're after, but some decent brands in no particular order:
UF Pro
Patagonia
Clawgear
Fjallraven
Eberlestock
Helikon tex
Snugpak
Arktis
Platatac

>UF Pro
thanks lad, they got some neat shit

I saw this on ebay. I really wish they had a hide seller button.

Helly Hansen
Wild Things
Carinthia
Outdoor Research

Wew shame hes got nicer kit than most people here

>is the same but has furries/trannys with a lot less posting
so true it hurts

youtu.be/pByw-k4Isfg

I phonepost 98% of the time and putting an emoji is the easiest way to hide my face

Also post gear

Attached: 15E138CF-5261-493A-B066-23459B3C466E.jpg (1024x1820, 661K)

Are the ceramic plates from bulletproofme a good balance of performance for the price?
Looking for 3+ that has a nice balance of light and inexpensive.
READ: Not a poorfag, just want a good bang for my buck

Got my mayflower placard finally.

Attached: AB1F1669-0CB0-4EDA-A51A-50738109CAF2.jpg (1536x2048, 982K)

511tactical.com/rapid-origin-pack-co.html

Anyone have one of these? What's the build quality like?

link? pastebin invite is dead

Why did you even bother censoring it

Most of varusteleka's offerings might as well be airshit tier

helikon tex canteen pouch and their swagmanroll your welcome.

Buy what Karl uses a ww2 repo of german combat smock.

Unfortunately we're not taking anyone unless you were previously in or someone can vouch for you; it might change though since people on both sides are asking for it.

yes, the sound reproduction and directional sound is so much better. I could never go back to any other electronic earpro after using comtacs. they're also way more comfortable in my opinion but thats personal preference.

thats because it is. kind of sad but for the last 2-3 years they've been going the way that all brick and mortar milsurp stores went, fuckall milsurp these days so they stock the shelves with miltec and aliexpress shit.

Check out Hescos offerings, I think OPtactical has them for cheap.

im selling a large crye avs harness and large crye zip on pack if anyone is looking for either

Lol, was on my phone in the sun, couldn't see shit. Oh well

Some guy on fb was looking for the zip on panel, fb group "tactical gear sales and trade"

I'm a sick fuck, I like custom flannel plate carriers

Attached: 1560277621005.jpg (1080x1080, 259K)

My bad. Wrong fb group

Attached: DDF93066-2317-46A8-8417-F9575FC9B782.png (750x1334, 548K)

Do I look gay like you guys yet
Forgot to put fat

Attached: Fat Mexican.jpg (2220x1721, 1.97M)

Attached: tenor (13).gif (498x280, 2.2M)

Really? Well fuck, I was planning on getting some shit in m05 snow at the end of the season

>do what karl does
no thank you

The issued stuff isn't as bad it's just your average lowest bidder govt. manufacturer stuff.

Are two Gaurdian 4s17 plates acceptable body armor solutions?
Please be easy on me

Attached: DSC_0191.jpg (1620x1080, 568K)

YNH is that you??????

Attached: ed93f44702e6c5b0f48b5347c4bc6636[1].png (953x349, 47K)

Yeah, mirin the iron homie

Paper has its place. Whether you feel it or not, you are likely waiting for a response from the steel on each shot. Paper is still needed for truly training to full speed without worrying about that response. A healthy mix is steel, IPSC torsos, and a BSA template.

>Howard Leights
Mine are slow as fuck. I do not care much for them. Money wasted.

>Are two Gaurdian 4s17 plates acceptable?
I am hoping that they are 4S17M - right? The plate has good construction. Go multicurve, though.

How much and what condition?

Attached: IMG_0464.jpg (1500x1125, 975K)

I'll take it

Is there any not awful throat mics around the $80-300 range that don't look goofy af?

all throat mics look goofy as fuck.

Stop larping and just get a proper PTT and plug it into your ear.

Thanks user
Sure, I'm a novice to this. Is swimmer or shooters cut most used? And obviously the back plate can be square? Thanks in advance

Shooters/SAPI is the most common and square back plates is silly idea from like the 80s.

Bring back IFAK pastebin.

Thanks I'll get two 11x14 4s17m shooters cut plates then. Goodbye wallet

Wait no, checking the 4S17Ms they come in SAPI which is more desirable, also Hesco plates cost less for the same.
Also
>11x14
hit the gym

Militech is quality compared to a lot of other things. Twinfalcons, militech, flyye = good quality. Militech does nij testing in the us as well as other testing standards etc.

>flyye, militech
>quality
lmao no, militech.aliexpress.com/store/128414, flyye is literally worse than condor and on par with all those no name aliexpress products.
Also NIJ is meaningless for helmets because it doesn't specify BFD for headborne protection hence why most of the imported or cheap highcuts have awful BFD and why reputable helmets go by the ACH and V50 standards.

Attached: 1519869307162.jpg (605x586, 70K)

Attached: BunkBedGuide2IFAK.png (1886x1866, 481K)

talk me out of buying a crye jpc

Attached: ThB01u2.jpg (1909x1675, 427K)

It can add up in cost and they suck with thicker heavier plates.

not sure who that is

what are you interested in? the avs harness is like new and multicam trying to get $200, the zip on pack is coyote and used and im trying to get $150

what for? contrary to the memes, they're somewhat specialized equipment. if its for range or larp, then fine. if you're planning on wearing it for long periods (12+ hours) or putting a lot on it, get something more substantial. your traps and clavicles will thank you long term.

I saw that blem tube on eBay yesterday lol. Fucking yikes tier. Poor guy was selling the complete set with that ruined gen 3 tube fire like $1k lol

>meme stock
>meme irons
>no red dot
>wearing a cheat rig like a belt for some reason, maybe to hide chub
>tan polymer lower
>literally standing like a homosexual with your weight on one hip
You look very gay, user

nice try ynh

smegmanroll, what?

Who makes a good two piece belt that has the Velcro belt able to thread through regular blue jeans and similar sized belt loops? I like the aws but it's 2" wide so won't fit most pants. I read the guide, but it just has a bunch a brands listed, didn't want to google all of them, figured one of you could give me a quicker answer, thanks.

Grey Ghost Gear UGF's inner belt fit's my jeans

want a pc for general range stuff and maybe some classes and general larping and last but not least shtf, so i want a rig that is kinda low profile and can be worn under a jacket and the crye seems to fit the bill, but i dont have much experience with plate carriers and stuff.

>twf love AOR1 but don't want to look like SEAL LARPer and it has little practical value in my area duing warm months.

I have a Persec (Canadian company) and their inner belt fits regular jeans belt loops, but not the smaller loops in like dress pants. You could always just buy a smaller inner belt and use whatever outer you want.

Attached: 20190610_185657 (2).jpg (2043x1698, 617K)

Also I realize I have the velcro secure tab over the anti rotation hook thing on my exposed TQ.

Thanks again for the spoonfeeding. I'm 6'6 235, although I could still hit the gym to beef up more and lose body fat.

Everything you think you want in a jpc, you'll find that a ferro slickster or similar are better choices, regardless of cost

its not really.

I'll check them out thanks user.

I didn't think about that. I'll give them a look too, thanks.

its okay if you bought a jpc because you thought it was the best, but there are much smarter options if you're actually going for light and low profile, and don't care about fashionable brand names

If you want a Crye JPC(tm) because, bro, it's a Crye(tm) and lol Crye(tm) or Die!(tm), then go ahead

yeah bro, better spend nearly the same amount(or more) of money on a less capable and modular PC just because its not crye.

Attached: oooof.jpg (478x598, 81K)

Basically this. JPCs are IMO the ideal general-purpose scalable buy-once civilian PC, but if you have a particular role in mind thats going to be all you use it for, then they're thoroughly mediocre. But because of the black ribbon they've become a lodestone for people with only vague ideas of what they want and unrestricted access to moms credit card.

Any good carriers that hold 308 mags or are those mag pouches good enough?

do you think jpcs make espressos and sync to your spotify account?

don't be so defensive over an object you do or pretend to have purchased. The jpc placard and handles on the cumberbund are ass, especially when there are other carriers that don't make those same mistakes

i hear Ferro all the time but all the velcro kinda puts me Off, also what can it do better than the jpc? i honestly don't give a shit about brands, only remember the days where Eagle was the shit

There are definitely smarter options but the slicker isn't one of them tb h

look ma, another wannabe larper.

Ferro slickster is made for wearing slick and keeping it minimal. JPC you can stack shit until it looks like an IOTV. I would go slickster for wanting it for civ use, wearing under your clothes, and overall comfort. I've worn mine under jackets and flannels when doing private party gun purchases, and sales. Works very well.

>hurr my $152 base PC that I have to buy a mag placard and a new cummerbund to have the same capability as a JPC is definitely better
do you even own gear nigga? at 210 the JPC is a great option.

ZOG gear

Attached: k5front.jpg (768x1024, 108K)

AWS makes a good belt, I've had mine for a couple years now and its held up great.

the bolo ties in the background make these meme

*snap* into my cringe collection.

gg no re

Hey guys, what's a good plate protection level for SHTF and general civilian use? Level IV?