This, and all of it's variants in length from polearm to one handed, is objectively superior to swords

This, and all of it's variants in length from polearm to one handed, is objectively superior to swords

Attached: zzzCordeyro001a.jpg (1280x720, 617K)

I'd have to agree
war hammers are based as fuck

Couldn't you say a mace / clib is the mvp?

It hurts armored, unarmored, you can hot someone from any angle of the weapon, you don't have to keep it sharp, simple construction, the harder you swing the more damage it does....

I don't care if it's better or not. I want one because they're aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: war-hammer-ravens-beak.jpg (600x600, 83K)

>objectively superior to swords
Looks like people in the medieval and modern period didn't bothered with them as much as with swords though...
Also
>made to smash armor and dismounting riders from horse
That makes for a weapon that is inferior to swords in civilian environment then.

Just make it shorter

Attached: 51vMu-xHtbL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 16K)

Harder to carry, balance is worse, twice as short typically, always shorter anyway, no dedicated hand protection.
Welp, still worse than a sword of the same era for civilian clothings.

>objectively superior to swords
not exactly a hard contest to win

In a modern world why worry about it? Carry a knife and a crowbar. I have a Halligan tool in my trunk for practical reasons. If I have to melee with something it, a fire axe or a baseball bat is probably going to be it. And a Halligan bar has practical reasons to be carried.

Attached: Firemans Irons.jpg (1440x1440, 817K)

I'd have gone with an L shaped tire iron.

Attached: 9748932718937291.jpg (480x360, 12K)

in unarmoured civilian combat the sword is the best thing short of firearms. Good luck parrying a rapier with your warhammer

Depends, do you count a flamethrower as firearms? Because good luck parrying a jet of skin melting death with your rapier, fag.

Aren't most people unarmored? Those are shorter too.

I could most certainly deflect a sword with a short warhammer

thats not a real halligan bar. you gotta get the kind that sleeves into itself for maximum prying power

The weight difference would be negligible

As silly as it sounds, the rapier probably has more mass than the hammer. Rapiers are some of the heaviest swords around, even counting bigass two handers.

But how?

I'm calling bullshit, no rapier weighs as much as a zweihander

Attached: istockphoto-176072900-1024x1024.jpg (655x1024, 679K)

Because you grossly overestimate how heavy two handed swords are. They're light as fuck (All swords are, really). Rapiers have a lot of mass in their hilt that other blades simply do not have, and typically weigh somewhere between 2 and 4 lbs. Most other sword designs never even reach 2 lbs.

This handle is surely heavier than any rapier handle, and heavier than 2lbs

Attached: af6c63a89d1df1d42d45df00c4b7eb4d.jpg (816x459, 42K)

Nope. That entire thing might weight two pounds. Might. There are some rapiers that are lighter, and some that are heavier (There's one ridiculous example that's almost 7 pounds, but it might have been a wallhanger even back in the day) but for the most part, they're much heavier than anything that was ever used on a battlefield.

You're right in general, wrong in the specific. Zweihanders generally weight between 5-8 lbs. They're a lot bigger and heavier than most swords. Which you should know if you're going to be having this argument. If you were saying this about any other sword, you'd be mostly right.