Just placed an order for a Colt Series 80. It's my first 1911...

Just placed an order for a Colt Series 80. It's my first 1911. I know I could have gotten a 1911 that was almost as good for about 150-200 dollars less, but I fingerfucked a bunch of 1911s in a shop and the colt felt the best my far in terms of trigger pull and had a really nice finish and I had the money so I said fuck it.

I've heard 1911s can be somewhat finicky guns, prone to jamming and rusting if you don't clean them well. Anything I should know about making this gun run well? I don't plan on carrying it or anything. It's just a range toy, but I want to shoot it and have it last for a long time possibly to pass down to my children.

Attached: 642871_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 75K)

Jesus man. If you really wanted a nice 1911 you should've bought a vintage 1911, not a fucking new production

If I was going to get a 1911 I would get a Colt too desu.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I guess

Why what's wrong with them? I'm not looking for a collector grade piece. Just a nicely made GI spec 1911

I know colts are a bit overpriced but are they that bad?

Colts are solid. They have rough edges but the quality of the components are top notch. Keep it lubricated and it will run like a champ.

They sure are purdy. But why an 80 and not a 70?

Modern production colts are "just fine" that's it. They're on the same level as Ruger and Springfield 1911s, so they're really nothing special. Also, series 80 colts are arguably not GI spec. You didn't do poorly or anything, but you could've done far better.

No one that actually carries a 1911 would pick a Ruger over Colt.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't carry a 1911

I would prefer a series 70 too, but I wasn't able to find one. The trigger on the series 80 I tried was honestly great too. I don't think I'm going to be tuning it that much if at all either, so it doesn't bother me.

I was looking for a few specific features on a 1911
-blued finish
-classic look
-decent sights
-not made by anti-gun cucks like Springfield

Are there other 1911s under $750 that meet those specs? I know Rock Island is probably a better deal, but the finish on the ones I tried looked like crap, and I wanted something that looked nice. The trigger on the auto ordnance I tried was hot garbage too. I also don't want shitty sights even if it's historical.

>Series 80
Should have got the 70 famalamabama-man

Attached: 1446512051631.jpg (500x336, 29K)

>paying $800 for a $350 pistol just for the brand name Colt markup

user, I....

Attached: 1514868392775.png (1440x1772, 1.62M)

Spoken like a 20-something waiter that can't afford anything besides a Glock.

My Series 80 just like the one pictured is just fine. It shoots brass and steel and I’ve never had a jam.

If your budget is under $1,000 then Colt and Springfield are your best options. Make sure you buy some Wilson Combat magazines as the factory mags are pretty shitty. You will thank me later for that.

I carried one for a while but that was just memes getting to my head. It can be carried but the it has to have safety on which is gay.

Ironically you sound underage summer

>Glocks
>cheap
Yeah I’m not buying a beat up Gen 2 for carry. I’d rather buy a post recall Walther PPS

>Colt
>When STI and Wilson exist
Fucking garbage.
>I've heard 1911s can be somewhat finicky guns, prone to jamming and rusting if you don't clean them well.
You've heard bullshit.

Given your budget, you did fine then.
Post your 1911, bucko.

Maybe he didn't want to spend thousands of dollars.

I was joking about my earlier comment. I only have two 1911s anymore: (1) Colt XSE, and (2) Colt M45.

1911s are nice guns. I used to train with a former special forces guy (and his cronies) and they call carried 1911s. Typically Colts or Springfields. Hence, I got into them as well. Carried one for about 4 years simply because I could shoot it better than my polymer guns. I figured the additional rounds didn't matter if the first few shots weren't on target. Also, the safety isn't an issue once you develop muscle memory.

I switched to DA/SA guns a couple of years ago because I work on a university campus. I figured the risk (no matter how small) of having a negligent discharge was worth the switch.

One more anecdote. There was a guy in our training group that had a bunch of Wilson Combats. Those damn things could never get through the class without a malfunction. I'm not sure if it was user error, but I always found it funny that the Wilsons ran worse than the lower end guns.

I think Wilsons just have a super long break in period because they are so tight. I think the warranty for them says do not send it back until you have at least 500 rounds through it.

>I was joking daddy sowwy uwu
Yes cuck. Bend the knee

>Series 80
you already fucked up

Yes, I think that may have been some of the problem. This guy was constantly buying and selling the Wilsons so its possible that they were not fully broken in. If he had just stuck with one gun, he may have had better results.

There's a guy on youtube called TheOle1911. He buys these expensive 1911s and actually carries them. Claims to put upwards of 9000 rounds through some of them and gives updates on how they run. Check his stuff out. Wilson Combat's are nice guns. I would definitely get one if I could afford it. You need to know what you are doing when you get one though. They aren't glocks or M&Ps

>Just placed an order
does it come with fried wonton chips

Attached: 1528051844568.jpg (627x481, 38K)

I know Ol1911. He has a solid channel. A few years back, he also carried some nice revolvers. I came close to getting a Wilson a few years ago, but I figured: (1) It wouldn't be more reliable than my Colt, and (2) the accuracy improvements with the Wilson probably wouldn't be noticeable within 15-20 yards. I'm sort of glad that I didn't lay out the cash for one since I stopped carrying a 1911. They are really nice guns, though.