Is it legal to suppress a

Fireworks mortar tube.

Attached: 1560572885816.jpg (848x477, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1RC2aWza6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: atf4.jpg (549x247, 40K)

No really, it's not a firearm, is it legal?

>only meme answers

Suppressors are regulated and you'll get your ass handed to you in court if you make a homemade suppressor without filing a form 1. [spoiler]Just be sure that the people who'll see it in action don't run their mouths[/spoiler]

if you can permanently attach it like they do to airguns it'd probably be okay. no stamp for integrally suppressed black powder rifles either

How much ducttape counts as non detachable?

should probably be sonic welded or at least heat fused, you plan to use a plastic can on a plastic mortar tube right?

Attached: SilencerCo-Maxim-50-Suppressed-Muzzleloader.jpg (1000x617, 42K)

A lot of high end airguns have integral suppressors. Black powder guns are not firearms. But do large fireworks classify as DDs?

just need to keep under the explosive limits and they don't cross atf radar.

I found an old muffler for a commercial fishing boat and have a fiberglass mortar tube for fireworks.

Also this isn't for an illicit purpose, I just want the initial low impulse explosion from the 2.5 in max size consumer firework to not have such a painful snap.

I understand it wouldn't be hearing safe, but even taking an edge off would be enough for it to hurt less with ear plugs and muffs on.
A fireworks guy passed on and I bought out his inventory of "Diablo" artillery shells.

Now I have a ton of heavy duty tubes and hundreds of shells.

if it's just an old muffler with a 2" hole all the way through and you epoxy it on they'd have to really REALLY want to kill your dog to hassle you over it.

Nope, homemade explosive devices are perfectly legal for personal use, excluding pipe bombs which would need a tax stamp.

"Persons who manufacture explosives for their personal, non-business use (e.g., making fireworks to set off on your own property or mixing binary explosive components to remove a stump in your own yard) are not required to have a manufacturer’s license. However, no person may ship, transport, cause to be transported, or receive explosive materials unless such person holds a license or permit."

>homemade explosive devices are perfectly legal for personal use

The definition of a "destructive device" is found in 26 U.S.C. § 5845(f). The definition reads as follows:

(1) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas, (A) bomb, (B) grenade, (C) rocket having a propellant charge of more than 4 ounces, (D) missile having an explosive charge of more than 1/4 ounce, (E) mine or (F) similar device.

Doesn't apply to fireworks.

youtube.com/watch?v=w1RC2aWza6o

>Display fireworks are the large fireworks used in shows, generally under the supervision of a trained pyrotechnician. The regulations at 27 CFR, Part 555, require that any person engaging in the business of importing, manufacturing, dealing in, or otherwise receiving display fireworks must first obtain a Federal explosives license or permit from ATF for the specific activity.

Attached: 59A42693-611C-4E7A-A15F-8E1E75337ECF.jpg (715x352, 99K)

>engaging in the business of importing, manufacturing, dealing in, or otherwise receiving display fireworks must first obtain a Federal explosives license
see

How does this fit in with the definition of a DD?

and we're back to this being wrong
homemade fireworks are atf legal on your property (there is no fixed definition of what constitutes a firework though), homemade explosives are not.

your eardrums won't blow if you go high-low

They are not firearms, you're fine. Anyone saying otherwise is retarded or merely pretending to be retarded.