Is permanent tinnitus after the service is a common thing?

Because i think that you are allowed to wear earplugs only when you're training right?

Attached: 1280px-Canadian_C7A2_Rifle.jpg (1280x776, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_bwHK1xkgJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHAT

YOU WERE 13 BRAVO TOO?!

Ringing in the ears if you prefer
It's when ears have been exposed to brutal sound shocks multiple times (for instance gunshot) it can be definitive

BRINGING IN THE BEERS? FUCK YEAH MAN WHAT A CHAMP!

why Jow Forums is broken

Wrong.
We were ORDERED to use MUFFS at all times during combat training, and double it up with plugs if dealing with extremely loud shit, ie. firing artillery. This was already back in 2008.

We've had "active" hearing protection for decades now. Even got electronic plugs for the rich fags.
Not using earpro in 2020-1 is just fucking suicidal laziness.

Attached: 1424480011238.jpg (683x1024, 327K)

Ha

REELING IN THE YEARS?!

Ok so I've learned something today

>it's an injury thread
How do you niggers deal with compression fractures? Pic related is fucking me up, feels like the muscles between my shoulder blades are always tight and heavy as shit. No nerve damage but I feel really shitty all the time anyway

Attached: IMG_20190623_000332.jpg (1124x1707, 403K)

Ur gonna need one of those medieval stretchers

I prefer pretzel logic

Good
youtu.be/_bwHK1xkgJA

Howard leight earpro is $40 user, works well too

IIRC there's a huge lawsuit against 3m right now by US .mil concerning defective earplugs- you wear them, but they haven't done anything to protect you for over a decade now....

I wear comtacs and if my CoC says otherwise I hand them a sheet of paper where they write down their order and sign it
That way I know for a fact I get benefits when I get out and some retard gets buttfucked

this guy gets it

I actually asked this question to an sfc I had in training. He called me retarded and said no one wore earpro when he was in Iraq because it was more important to be able to hear clearly for the 99% of the patrol that didn't involve shooting.

Mostly true
With the advent of electronic earpro, I guarantee someone can pick up on shit that they wouldn't hear otherwise. No point not having something now because it won't impede your hearing unless the batteries go, in which case change em or take the earpro off

WHAT ABOUT PEARS!?!

> I guarantee someone can pick up on shit that they wouldn't hear otherwise.
This. If you got some really nice ones, you can hear people whispering in the next room.

Comtac IIIs are able to do that and one of the more common units out there. Everything else may have better sound quality but I have found Comtacs to be far more rugged than other models. Just anecdotal experience.
That and they can be converted to take comms so you can stay on a squad radio (or even bigger models) and hear everything.

>Erect

L

Hey guys, what are some good electronic earpro?

I've got some Peltor SportTac 100s now that barely attenuate shit. I'm ready to throw down a lot of money (Comtac IIIs are on my radar) because this is my hearing. What's the good shit?

Invisio X5, great ear defs (they're like fuckin earphones but they're decent) built in mic on the outside and bone conducting mic for comms. Set up correctly, they're really good

Attached: invisiox5-s2.png (708x398, 126K)

>tfw have tinnitus and didn't ever shoot a gun or anything
That's why I couldn't enlist

Chiropractic medicine

Not magically smelling candles to heal your spirit

I'm talking knocking your bones and ligiments into proper position and then regular excercise to keep it in place

>Peltor comtac III
Pull the trigger, that shit is worth every penny

>YOU ARE NO AWARE OF YOUR TINNITUS

>YOU ARE NOW AWARE YOU ARE MANUALLY BREATHING

>YOU ARE NOW AWARE OF THE POSITION OF YOUR TOUNGE IN YOUR MOUTH

Attached: 1559593202827.png (203x171, 3K)

Attached: pepetux.png (1000x1000, 177K)

HIGH ON GAY COCAINE? NAH, SORRY BRO IF I'M GONNA SNORT SOME BLOW IT'S GOTTA BE 100% NO-HOMO.

>YOU ARE NOW AWARE OF THE POSITION OF YOUR TOUNGE IN YOUR MOUTH

thats BASED though

Attached: OUR LORD.png (344x423, 208K)

>mfw standing next to a 25mm with only foam ear plugs that come loose
>mfw EEEEEEEEEEEEE for life

Attached: 1452229557923.jpg (400x388, 88K)

dumb frogposter

Fellow at my job got $30k from the government because of the 3M ear pro lawsuit.
EEEEEEEEEEE for life since Iraq but paid off the rest of his mortgage in one go

fucker.

In 2020-1? U from the future dude?

>YOU ARE NOW AWARE OF YOUR ASSHOLE

>it feels kinda needy

Surefire ep10 is all i fuck with

Got my Howard Leights on sale for like 40 bucks, they've worked really well for a couple range trips so far.

how the fuck did they know user? they could hear the ringing too?

why didn’t you just get some better ear plugs user

They check your medical history and do a basic checkup of their own too, m8.

Attached: ESS + M05 + Active Earpro.jpg (600x500, 240K)

tinnitus != hearing loss tho

Absolutely what this guy said. For most of us neverserves, Leights are probably the objectively best option. They work great, and are affordable. I've one pair for indoor shooting and one for outdoor, never have to double up. They work great.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in your ears

They are practically synonymous.
The ears piercing screech makes it a lot harder to focus and hear sound. It's also a sign of damage inside your ears, and thus something the uniforms do not want to make worse.

>pic
What rifle is she holding.
>reverse search
I found another photo, it appears to be some sort of short barreled QBZ 95

Attached: 16544595.jpg (533x800, 55K)