Hey Jow Forumsommandos, can anyone helpe find a nice handgun? Was thinking 40SW, 4.7" barrel minimum...

Hey Jow Forumsommandos, can anyone helpe find a nice handgun? Was thinking 40SW, 4.7" barrel minimum. Preferably metal frame if possible. Not fussed on the action type.

Any personal preferences?

Attached: Cz75.jpg (450x300, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

loadoutroom.com/51037/the-reasons-why-fbi-went-to-back-to-9mm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>pre-B short rail
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG, you already posted it

That isn’t a short rail.

i see that now
got ahead of myself when i saw the lack of the B

Attached: 1977_CZ-75_short_rail.png (2238x1507, 1.78M)

I don't think it comes in 40sw unfortunately

Any 75 model handgun will do you quite nicely. If you want something for action shooting/range fun, drop extra money on a shadow, or have Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom build out an SP-01 tactical for you.

I do like CZ's for sure. Is there anything even similar to them?

EAA makes CZ75 clones in a few different calibers, including .40. I have the .45 ACP one, it's a great gun.

Attached: 712320m2_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 94K)

I have one, it is 75B

I mean, there are plenty of CZ 75 clones out there, but there's no real reason not to buy a new, original, 75B. They're just not that expensive, they're tough as a coffin nail, and parts and upgrades are everywhere.

The .40 sw versions aren't as common outside of dedicated raceguns like the Tactical Sport Orange, but they do exist.

I'd personally reccomend either a 10mm or a 9mm over .40sw, since 10mm does a better job of being a fun handcannon round and 9mm is way cheaper, widely available, and shootable, but do what you feel, man.

>buying an EAA .45 over a CZ97

Attached: 1392388416397.jpg (375x375, 16K)

The fact so much law enforcement and other agencies are using 40sw all over the world is what makes me want to try it.

Sounds like cz is the way to go for full size metal handguns. All the other manufacturers just don't bother any more

Do you own guns?

Not asking to try to out you as a nogunz fag, but your first handgun should not be a .40sw. Your first handgun should be in 9mm, because 40sw costs 50% more per round than 9mm, and 9mm is as effective with good shot placement as .40sw.

>law enforcement
Law enforcement don't know shit about firearms or what makes a citizen self-defense weapon effective. Taking the advice or following the example of law enforcement as a civilian is a bad plan.

CZ USA 01120 look it up its 40sw

It was discontinued last year, but like the SA version there are still plenty floating around in gun stores.

>EAA makes CZ75 clones in a few different calibers, including .40. I have the .45 ACP one, it's a great gun.

I like how the "great gun" you're advertising has a damaged internal rail showing clearly on the picture.

Tanfoglio (which manufactures the pistols for EAA) has a very spotty reputation in euroland, but for some reason they're super popular in the USA?
Tanfoglio could get you a great gun at a fairly low price, but they have a fuckton of melons. Some will not feed properly, even after an experienced gunsmith tries to solve the issue. But if you do get a good gun, then yes, they're great bang for buck.

Attached: stock.jpg (2000x1333, 325K)

Only little .22 at the moment. Only time I fire other calibers is from friends at the range or hiring a club gun.

>The fact so much law enforcement and other agencies are using 40sw all over the world is what makes me want to try it.

Mostly americans desu. .40S&W is less popular than it appears around the world. Mostly because a well developed 9x19 is perfectly fine, more common and cheaper.

And as said, you really gain little from it, especially if it's your first large caliber gun.
Unless you have a specific reason to go .40S&W (such as for competition rules), I'd urge you to rethink this.

Attached: 9mmX8.jpg (748x753, 86K)

Yea not really entirely needed so I'm happy to try 9mm instead. It certainly opens up the door for more choice gun wise.

It's hard when my country has a very small gun culture so can't get a lot of good advice.

I can't believe there is such a massive grain difference in some of those rounds.

Start with a 9mm. Since you're not an amerifat like me, your next step is likely to be either .40sw or 10mm, whereas here in burgerland the next most common handgun caliber is .45 acp.

Just remember: It doesn't matter what gun you buy or how heavy or fast your bullets are if you can't hit a damn thing, and ballistically speaking most handgun rounds above a certain muzzle energy perform so similarly that there's basically no difference between them.

Think you could link me to some good reading about the muzzle energy performance etc? I'm not interested in debating that shit but would be interesting to read

Sue me, it was 350 for the gun and a .22 conversion slide with a couple mags.
Although a 97 did come into the same shop about a week later, so I felt pretty stupid.

Personally, for 9x19 I find that 124gr & up "feels" best. I really don't like 115gr & down.

My training ammo is 124gr Geco FMJ.

Attached: Geco_9mm_Luger_124gr.jpg (544x335, 55K)

Thanks everyone for all the advice

All 10mm take .40 as well, just keep that in mind

yo dawg I heard you like CZs

Attached: 20181028_120252.jpg (1919x691, 423K)

Beretta 96A1

tl;dr they're all about the same from 9mm and up when youre dealing with handgun-tier energy/ballistics (assuming youre using well engineered ammo). Placement is king, end of story.
Git gud on the range with whatever it is you chose, and you're on-par.

Is that your collection? Do you have a favorite?

there are actually 2 new ones missing on that picture

my favourity is the disgustingly spraypainted IPSC Standard (the Tactical Sports looking one)
1lbs trigger and 20rds of 9m / 17rds of 40S&W

Nice, any least favourites?

the disgustingly spraypainted IPSC Standard (the Tactical Sports looking one)
1lbs trigger and 20rds of 9m / 17rds of 40S&W

it's a hate/love story kinda thing

that piece of shit has cost me so much anger, time, money and humiliation it's unbelievable

Haha, nice collection either way

Literally no reason not to get a Glock. Particularly a police trade in bc they typically have pre installed night sights (sometimes other aftermarket parts), haven't been shot more than a couple hundred times, and cost like $350. The money you'd spend on another less or equally reliable CZ or whatever, you can spend tailoring the Glock to your exact specifications bc it's the world's most modular handgun platform. I would recommend the g17 but the g19 is better for carry.

Read this summery of a recent FBI study concluding that 9mm is by far the superior munition type (hense why cops/operators/agents who know their shit use it)

loadoutroom.com/51037/the-reasons-why-fbi-went-to-back-to-9mm/

>.40
>Any personal preferences?
M&P M2, SIG, HK. In that order. The CZ75 is great, but not a design I'd get in .40 - their slide stops are battered enough in 9mm, and most of the .40 handguns from the aforementioned manufacturers were actually designed around .40.

>money you'd spend on another less or equally reliable CZ
As if there is anything about a glock which makes it more reliable than a CZ... You really fell for that marketing.