I made an impulse buy on an AK, and bought the cheapest one I saw on my local shops wall, it was an IO AKM247...

I made an impulse buy on an AK, and bought the cheapest one I saw on my local shops wall, it was an IO AKM247, I went home and saw a lot of people trashing it online, but the few people who actually own one said it's ok, did I make mistake? Should I return it?

Attached: 93304_1.jpg (550x550, 15K)

It's now a used firearm. Buy some ammo and shoot it. Does it function and hold 3 MOA? If so, what's the problem? When you purchase your next gun, either trade this in or make it your beater rifle.

Go shoot it and enjoy it. If you look around on the internet long enough somebody is trash talking every gun ever made.

Attached: 1553660374917.jpg (508x566, 27K)

It's a shit tier AK but you can still have fun with it, just don't trust it with your life.

1st thing

I've never seen a LGS that has a return policy

2nd

What do (You) think? Have you shot it?

Attached: 406A683D-1B15-4F9E-8017-7CAAAC1B5EBC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

Criticism online should be listened but based on the context.

If you plan to purchase a firearm just to shoot targets time to time at the range there's no need to spend big bucks on a Poutine himself made AK. Who cares.

My boyfriend bought a ras47 without consulting me, yeah its kinda junky but for how much we actually shoot it the thing works fine. If you shot enough for it to matter you probably would already know which aks were best. Its not the last gun youll ever buy go have fun user!

I have yet to shoot, my states laws require a 72 hour wait to pick up

true shit.

>gun that literally comes with gas port drilled out 25% larger than called for
>"dude it's fine the internet hates everything just enjoy"
You're all retards.

Not like io is worse than century made aks

Yeah, they are, actually.

Do you remember the time when wasrs were considered crap. Pepperidge farm remembers.

Do you remember the time before cugr fixed their qc issues?

Early WASRs WERE crap. IO Is much worse.

Remember when Cugir implemented massive QC improvements back in 2007 that made them into what they are now?

Remember when IO got buttblasted over reviewers showing their AKs shitting the bed during basic stress tests just a couple of years ago?

This board really is nothing but a bunch of casual basicbitches that only picked up a .22 or glock recently and shoot a few times a year.

I hate to break it to you, but they are.
That being said, you've already spent the money by impulse buying like a nigger, so go and enjoy the 1,000 rounds you'll make it through and make sure to check headspacing every once in a while. Once it breaks, do some actual research on whatever gun you buy next BEFORE you buy it.

Can't blame the zoomers for not knowing anything that happened pre-cod4

You did make a mistake and you should return it, at least according to the vast majority of people I have seen talking about the IO AK. If you decide to keep it I think you should buy a no go guage to make sure you don't get hurt after a while.

>*headspace goes to all fuck because improperly made/mounted trunnion unseats after a few thousand rounds*
>"Lmao oh well the important thing is that you have fun no biggie XD"
Fucking bigbrain time up in here.

Are PSAK Gen3 good to go? Each gen seems to be a big leap

This is the kind of constructive bullying that Jow Forums needs to pull itself out of the cesspool it's been in since 2016

Faggot detected

best post

They're as close to G2G as they're gonna get. They're not proven like WASRs, but at least you're giving money to "a rifle in every home" PSA over "alcoholic monkey syndrome" century.

Aks fail to cycle long before they blow up due to headspace fuck face. Any ak can go out of headspace, thats why you check it regularly. He already bought it, no reason not to shoot it until its worn out (if it does, dont forget we're working off of your bullshit hypothetical)
>muh 1% failure rate
>muh eastern parts kit gubbins
>muh murican ak is crap
Fuck off memeshilltripfag

All the things he said are well established with anyone who knows AKs. I've seen IOs fail in person to the point of being unable to function permanently. WASRs don't fail. Arsenals don't fail. American AKs blow up.

Attached: WhatsApp Video 2019-01-02 at 7.55.29 PM.webm (428x240, 1.49M)

>IO AKM247
>"the Cadillac of Warsaw Pact small arms"
Oh you're in for a fun time.

Based caller out of retards. Do some fucking research before you drop $600 on a weapon. I have no sympathy when people do this.

They're both awful choices and neither should ever be considered.

I personally wouldn't. IIRC AK operators union had some iffy stuff to say about them and a guy in a discord I'm in had his PSA slant brake off of one explode just from regular shooting which really unsettled me.

I'll shill PSA ARs until the end of time though.

Damn i thought they fixed that with gen 2

PSA GF3 are good to go. Only issue was loss of a retaining pin during disassembly. Rob Ski contacted PSA about it. PSA identified the subcontractor that supplied the batch and cut ties with them. PSA is also sending a free replacement pin to anyone that asks.

IO is like the one thing worse then Century

To be fair, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say OP probably will not shoot this rifle enough to bring the gun to that level of fucked any time soon if not read up enough on the subject. Because otherwise wtf dude

Sell it and buy a better one ASAP

Return that shit or offload it onto someone else before the reciever decides that the trunnion should remove itself.

Attached: 1549732172054.jpg (503x503, 16K)

Sell it to a nigger for double of what you paid and get a WASR or if you can still find one an NPAP or pre-2015 Arsenal instead

tbqh senpai IO, and century builds (not imports) are fucking trash, it's not hard to get 5k rounds down the pipe, even if it takes ten years for a poorfag to do or whatever

>natural selection shirt
Edgy

I would return it i saw you said you have a 72 hour wait period use that to your advantage chech online see if they have a return policy if they saw no returns on firearms your SOL if you don't see anything try going in there and saying you had some car issues just pop up you need to get fixed abd you dont have the money for it because you just bought the gun try acting pissed cause you wanted an ak for so long and you just bought now this happened etc etc
Now why are IOs bad?
>cast trunions and bolt carriers that eat themselves up after a couple thousand rounds if your lucky
>overgassed on purpose
>rivets are done incorrectly IO has said they use the barrel as a bucking bar which has caused many trunions to come out of line
Try to get your money back even if its store credit put towards a different ak at this point any century ak would be better then a IO

IO is complete trash sell it or return it. Cast trunnions and rivets are pressed against barrel.