Is 300 BLK totally useless?

And so fucking pricey for what it is?

Attached: 35906-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4VNl7QXykUY
youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its fine for the specific task it was made for: suppressed/SBR'd rifles

So supersonic 300 blk is bullshit right

no, its just not ideal for use in suppressors.

Attached: ss (2019-06-23 at 04.36.50).png (319x297, 10K)

I think it has value in that one chambering can do subsonic like a boss and with a mag change shoot something with rifle ballistics.

My supressed mpx is quieter than a 300 blk, but It cant come close to 115 grn blackout ss performance. So that is something.

I mean, I'm not a faggot so I don't own a 300 blk, I'm just saying I get why someone might.

Attached: 2b6.png (720x384, 294K)

It was a fad like 4 years ago. No one wants it anymore because everyone realized it is pretty much brass-cased 7.62x39 being sold to people with more money than sense.
Now only a fraction of the old numbers of .300 is sol each year to cater to a shrinking market.

>supersonic
Good for smacking shit with a ton of force
>subsonic
Good for sneeky breeky
>powder burns fast
Good for pistols and SBRs, but you get even more velocity if you go up to a 16" barrel if you want max force

It's a very versatile round. I don't have an upper chambered for it but I have thought about throwing one together.

>coping slavaboos

If the HPA passed it probably would have had a small spike in popularity.

Why does 300 blk produce more energy foot pounds? Being honest it's a gimped 7.62x39, yet it's better than 5.56 in energy. Why?

It's the only thing holding me back. I don't want to be on a list for an NFA item.

what's the difference, you're on the list for a regular firearms, why is NFA so bad?

Attached: maxim9+USP.jpg (2500x1404, 1.16M)

Everyone here is going to call you a poorfag for mentioning price.

Not everyone lives in a commie state like you.

its not bullshit but other calibers do a better job while being more cost effective.

subsonic has its own niche its good at

Lol, just use 45 ACP

1 in 300 Americans are on some stupid watchlist, being on a list doesn't have to mean something particularly significant, not yet anyway.

300 allows rifle ballistics supersonic and sub-gun ballistics in subsonic, without becoming super anemic like 5.56 is in subsonic.

It works well for having .30 Cal in an AR15.
Subsonic is a meme, it provides nothing that pistol calibers don't.

Yes it does, dipshit, the regular AR15 action (or even one modified with a short-stroke piston), will have far better dwell time than any blowback or delayed-blowback gun, even if both guns are shooting a subsonic load of the same caliber.

if you live in the US and bought a gun from a dealer or ordered ammo online, yes, yes you do.
They're all commie states.

it's 7.62x39 but worse in every way, garbage round.

>Dwell time
>Recoil operated firearm
Lmao

If you build a small frame AR with a short barrel and don't use a .300 blk barrel, you are more than slightly retarded.

A locked-breech gas-operated gun will have better dwell-time than any blowback or recoil operated gun, yes.

Use on a hog

Do you even know why you want to increase dwell time? Protip: it's not really an issue with pistol calibers.

it';s fucking garbage.

Why?

>It was a fad like 4 years ago.
I was at a gun show yesterday, and they were moving quite a lot of 300 blk ammo there. I think the calibre will be fine in the long run, and people like you staying away from it will benefit it greatly.

Dwell time refers to the time it takes for a bullet to travel from the gas port to the end of the barrel. Recoil operated firearms do not have a gas port.
Anyway, piston operated PCCs exist so you're double retarded.

Because a faster opening breech means more noise, particularly given that cans add backpressure, and you definitely WILL notice dwelltime on pistol calibers, compare subsonic 147gr 9mms in a Cobray M11/9, and the same ammo, with the same can, with a Sig MPX, or even B&T MP9.

You WILL notice the difference.

No, it's more effective out of a short barrelled AR than 5.56

No, it's not. Cheap 5.56 is less effective, but there is no cheap .300 blk so it's not like it's actually an advantage.

Why do poorfags think them being poor is an argument against a product for the rest of the market?

Go enjoy your Hi-Point and DPMS.

>there is no cheap .300 blk

no shit, because it's not a round that has been in global standard issue for over 50 years

Except it's not a poorfag argument. Your argument is a poorfag one
>hurdur 5.56 bad out of short barrel
Only if you buy literally the cheapest ammo possible

Also, post AR. If you want to pretend to be a richfag, let's see it.

cost has been decreasing year to year. you can get it as low as 31 cpr currently, which is cost competitive with 556.

im surprised wolf doesn't make 300 memeout, they already have 6.5 grendel.

Dude they know you own guns..... I promise you, unless every gun you own never went through an FFL and was bought with cash only the government knows you own guns.

>criticize literally anything on Jow Forums
>POORFAG LMAO

Attached: chef.jpg (375x383, 115K)

>criticize a specialized round for not being the best at everything
>complain when people call you an idiot

How does the price of a round change its ballistic properties?

Is that supposed to be an argument? I'm not afraid of hurting .300blk's feelings just because it's new. I don't really care why it is the way it is, I care that it is.
>as low as 31cpr
Fuckin where? I see reman'd shit for 34cpr. Meanwhile you can get new, brass case 5.56 for 28cpr, or steelcase garbage for 17cpr. I don't shoot steelcase, but I'd take it before reman.
It doesn't. What it does change is allowing you to shoot more.

Unless you're asking why more expensive ammo is better, and that answer should be obvious if you've ever seen the inside of a gunstore. It has better designed bullets.

Morons are out here buying $1/round hollowpoints for their carry gun, but are only willing to load up their mags with the cheapest 5.56 they can find instead of some quality ammunition.

Attached: 5-56-77-gr-Tipped-Matchking-14-5-in-barrel-10-17-2013-a.jpg (2736x1302, 547K)

cheap 55 grain 5.56 is closer in effectiveness to expensive 5.56 than handgun fmj is to hollow points.

>size up .223 brass
>load cheap .308 projectiles
Poorfags' gonna poorfag.

Yeah, the only thing it was useful for was being a Great Value brand 9x39 but now that we have that in the US .300 Blackout is basically deprecated.

>criticize specialized round for being a massive compromise and not even being good at its specialty
>"poorfag"

>9x39
Tell me the last tome you saw someone selling bulk 9x39 as a gun show, lol.

The best 5.56mm will not be as good in a 10.5" barrel or less than the best .300BLK, this isn't even debatable, 5.56mm depends way too much on speed and with this little barrel you lose way too much performance.

That depends on a whole wealth of factors, including velocity/distance, whether it has to pass through barriers, and whether you are considered about over penetration or not. M193 is good to about 50 meters form an 11" barrel. 70gr TSX's are good to 300m from an 11" barrel. 50 gr TSXs will penetrate autoglass without deflecting. M193 will not. Hornady's fancy LE loads designed for SWAT offer minimal overpenetration and extremely rapid fragmentation. M193 isn't as bad as some things when it comes to overpenetration and failure to fragment, but the difference really is night and day.

Reloading is only worth it financially if your time is worthless. Which is generally only the case if you're a poorfag.

Post AR and reloading setup pls

I've never been to a gun show. Can't be fucked

point is, no one is buying the shit, so it isn't anywhere near as available as 300blk

>300 blk
>9x39
The two aren't even close. The real American 9x39 equivalent is .350 legend. It has very similar velocity and bullet weight when suppressed. Because you know, it's actually a 9mm caliber unlike .300.

Does it know I sell them?

>9x39

nobody even knows if 9x39 is good or not, its just praised on here because of stalker and because beeg boolit

You see, that much is true. You CAN get better performance from a .300blk. But I don't find high end 5.56 to be inadequate from a short barrel. I'm not arguing that 5.56 can beat .300blk performance from a short barrel. Just that people very wrongly believe 5.56 performance is inadequate out of a short barrel.

With m855? Yes, it's garbage. Icepicks all day. With decent ammo, it's going to work just like it should while still retaining the advantages of lighter ammunition, less recoil, and a high velocity light-weight projectile that drops very little during flight.

Basically .300blk is great if you think a fist sized wound cavity is inadequate or you want to suppress.

Look up how kinetic energy is calculated. A 125gr projectile vs a 55gr projectile makes a huge difference.

force=mass x acceleration
Doubling mass has a big effect.

10inch 300blk in an ar15 is my almost ideal gun.
300yards is about the max line of sight out here. 150 is the farthest practical line of sight I figure most firefights would happen here if shtf.
I can shoot my wannabe 3 gun matches and keep the same score as using my 5.56 while being more effective.
Have had no issue taking deer and hogs with it. Small enough to keep in my large go bag and hide in plain sight.
Small enough using it for homedefense would be no issue. It’s also easier to shoot from inside a vehicle or load into and out of my truck.
Perfect gun is a 12inch barreled 6.8spc but that had to wait

300 blackout will be the 30-30 of the 21st century.

Why no 10-12" 6.5 grendel? way better external ballistics than .300 BO, better SD if you're serious about effectiveness in a firefight(meaning better against common barriers), and way cheaper to practice with.

If you HAVE to use a suppressed sbr'd ar, then 300 meme makes more sense than 5.56

>I only need to be quiet
there are much better options
>I just need muh stopping power
>I just need a small gun

tl;dr 300 meme was trending on twitter and r/guns for a few weeks and all the 5'5" manlets with boys large t-shirts and neverserved goatees jumped on it

.300 aac is great for pistol/sbr builds, it burns it's powder and reaches maximum velocity in 9-10 in of barrel. The 5.56 takes 22 in to reach its maximum velocity and in shorter barrels the 5.56 can be over 1,000 feet per second slower. 7.62x39 is a good round for sbr and pistols as well but you are stuck with an ak variant rifle if you want to have a reliable action. The design of the magazine has issues feeding into ar platform lowers without special adapters and the design of the 7.62x39 cartrage means a heavily curved magazine is needed which again ar platform rifles don't like. Then there's the whole variety of ammo made in .300 aac from sub 100 grain supersonic rounds to 45acp style 240 grain projectiles. Finally it's suppressable without any modification, many 5.56 rifles don't cycle well supressed, the army trick of crimping the gas tube is usually needed. Yes the ammo is more expensive and in some places hard to find, yes it's a geriatric version ballistically speaking of the 7.62x39. But for a .30 cal ar platform it excels in its job.

> all cartridges are compromises
not exactly cutting edge info there broseph. 300 blk has been selling well, and will continue to make inroads.

300blk 22 is basically 7.62x39ish performance without an overly milled, weak bolt. Seems pretty decent to me.

Magazine capacity and feeding issues.
The 300bo has a single advantage over 6.8 and that is recoil. The difference between 5.56 and 300 is so minimal it had no effect on my shooting.
It’s the exact reason the military uses the 556 over other rounds.
Retards will trash the 300bo because they either don’t want to dedicate to a caliber change or are biased for personal reasons.
I chose it because it made sense. But then again I’m not a level 37 operator so what do I know

>>I only need to be quiet
22lr
>>I just need muh stopping power
literally a fucking cannon
>>I just need a small gun
22 colibri

The fact that those things exist is absolutely irrelevant, unless you are a gibbering moron.

Not really, if anything the gap is bigger. The difference between icepicking/yawing steel case 5.56 and a top of the line heavy OTM is much bigger in terms of PWC and effect on target, as is the difference in reliability of good terminal effect when comparing something like m193/m855 with the same OTMs or a robust barrier blind expanding load due to the fleet yaw and AOA issues they have resulting in a very non negligible rate of icepicking wounds. If 5.56 doesn't yaw/fragment then it makes a hole .223" or less in diameter, if it does then it might make a hole thats almost fistable at its widest diameter(plus radial damage like hemorrhage). If 9mm doesn't yaw or fragment it makes a .355" hole, if it expands then it makes probably a .62-.7" hole.

fist - .223 > .7-.355

>30 caliber intermediate cartridge in an ar with only a change of barrel
>same mags
>same bolt
>same lower
>useless
are you trying to be retarded

youre on a list if you have pay taxes, have a drivers license, vote, change addresses, collect a paycheck, etc etc.
im not saying im comfortable being on yet another government list but lets be realistic

Works like a champ in my integral AR.
I've shot it out to 150y using subsonics. Quiet plinking.
Mine looks something like pic

Attached: witt.jpg (3509x1229, 434K)

.300 is good for short, suppressed, subsonic guns. For anything else it's like picking 7.62 over 5.45 ballistically: unless you need the barrier penetration, the .22 is a better choice, but either will be okay enough out to a couple hundred yards.

>For anything else it's like picking 7.62 over 5.45 ballistically: unless you need the barrier penetration, the .22 is a better choice,41854948
wut?

Oh wait, nvm, i figured it out. he ACTUALLY thinks that 5.45 if superior to 7.62x39

Which is heavier? Which has more recoil? Which has a more arced trajectory? If you answered "the 5.45" to any of these questions, you're fucking retarded!

This is exactly why I chose .300blk for my AR pistol. Very solid reasoning.

Posting on Jow Forums, especially Jow Forums or Jow Forums certainly put you on a list.

>Which is heavier?
Im sorry, i didn't realize you were a long range hiker or soldier rucking a battle load out for dozens of miles. my bad. BTW, are you?
>Which has more recoil?
is your shoulder so fragile that you REQUIRE a round to have 2/3rds the recoil of 5.56 to be usable? maybe you should consider seeing a doctor?
> Which has a more arced trajectory?
Oh, so poking a tiny .22 caliber hole in a target hundreds of meters away is your primary concern? Sorry, i thought we were talking about which round is superior for practical concerns. If that's really your main concern AND you live outside of america where 5.45 is actually waaay more common than 5.56, then 5.45 makes a lot of sense.

5.45 is massively inferior to 5.56 in close or long range ballistics with contemporary offerings on the US market, and both are inferior to 7.62x39 inside of 200yds with contemporary US offerings. OTOH ill admit that if for example you're living in the ukraine and looking to shoot and scoot at "totally not russians" from 300+ meters away then the 5.45 may be a better choice.

You missed something there, retard

>Is 300 BLK totally useless?
Nope, it's fun as shit. I have a blast ringing steel at the range with it and I'm sure it would be fun for dispatching critters if I lived out in the country. Without a suppressor it wouldn't be nearly as fun though and I sure as shit wouldn't want to buy factory subs all the time. I reload my own 220gr subsonics for about 30 cents each.

Attached: 20190326_202617.jpg (3593x1978, 1.78M)

Good for shooting large quantities of squealers, especially if you wanna go suppressed. It's so expensive because it's a pretty niche round. That's about it.

Not all of us are benchrest shooters following a strict 1 rpm rate of fire at targets exactly 100yds away. Post guns. Faggot.

>30 rounds
>(((shoulder))) fired
>120 gr
>2400 fps
Yes, I want this for home defense.

>Not all of us are benchrest shooters following a strict 1 rpm rate of fire at targets exactly 100yds away.
Wow, that really has a lot to do with how 5.45 is a way better cartridge for practical use than 7.62x39. Are you actually brain damaged?

Sold all my guns, cash. Destroyed all my NFA items rather than turn them in. Should anyone be brave enough to turn up at my place with a search warrant, well I'd have to do my part to stop the bullshit.

I never, not once, said it performed better. Hell, I even said that if barrier penetration isn't a concern, the real-world performance difference is negligible. Do you LIKE shooting hard-recoiling guns? Why the hell don't you just buy a .338 ar then? We all know that will outperform 5.56. What about weight? Plenty of us have to walk more than 5 steps to carry more than one box of ammo between the car and the bench. Are we rucking 12 miles to our shooting spot? No, but ounces equal pounds, even over short distances, and lighter ammo ultimately means that you can carry more rounds for the same weight OR the same number of rounds for less weight. Finally, while it isn't a concern to adjust your holdover on your one rifle at your known distance range, there is literally no way to argue against the claim that a flatter trajectory makes for easier holdovers at longer ranges, ESPECIALLY if the target distance is estimated.

This is the third time I've explained it all to you. If you can't understand it all by now, I don't know what else to say. "Enjoy your meme round from your benchrest" perhaps?

Got a 7.5" 300 BLK SBR. I wish I would have bought a 10.5", since there's a fair bit of unburned powder when I shoot certain rounds out of it, like Sellier & Bellot.

What is private party and buying ammo with cash? Just shut the fuck up.

8.3" master race

Exactly the opposite, actually. Subsonic 300blk is a glorified pistol caliber.

The optimal barrel length for 300blk is supposed to be 9 inches. So you're both wrong.

It's one of the more versatile rifle calibers out there. Just because you're too stupid to understand why doesn't mean it isn't.

not true at all, look up the chrono/barrel length numbers

yes

AAC did plenty of research for 300blk so I trust their word that 9" 1/7 twist is optimal is true. But if you don't believe that, look at the table at the 13:05 mark youtube.com/watch?v=4VNl7QXykUY

It clearly shows a negligible difference in velocity and hence KE between 9" (AAC recommended) and 10.3" (~10.5", which is very common) barrels. By going from 9" to 12.5" BCM barrel you're adding around 100fps at best, barely a 10% increase, while going from a 15oz barrel to a 19oz barrel which adds even MORE weight. The difference will be more dramatic when looking at barrels from other companies that don't have an ELW profile along with fluting. This is all to save weight to make up for the fact even a light can like the omega is 15oz. Also, having a longer barrel is worse for harmonics than a shorter barrel, and at that point you're well beyond 16" after adding a suppressor. dont forget youll need a longer handguard too.

So many people in this thread missing the point of 300blakkked - SBR suppressed subsonic and supersonics all in one compact rifle.

How does ammo like the fiocci 125gr SST actually perform on a racoon out of a suppressed 9"? No idea.

yeah but 300 does better against body armor youtube.com/watch?v=euucD2YJq4w

is that a left ejecting AR?
never seen that before!

>10% doesn't mean anything
you are 90% of a retard

literally didn't say that in my post retard