Tokarevs are cheap right now

I’ve wanted an M57 tok for a while now, Classic is selling them for 185 (15 for hp)+26 for shipping and dkfirearms is selling standard grades for 215, HP for 230, and C grade for 189 with free shipping.
Does anyone have experience buying from them? I don’t have a whole lot of disposable cash but I figure now is the time to get them before the price increases like everything else. I know classic has a reputation for being hit or miss and a phone call to do just made me more confused but at least they think this shipment “looks better than usual”.
Is it a good move to buy a tok right now? Current plan is to get a standard grade from dk unless I hear horror stories from y’all.

Attached: 8F7AA64C-4A9F-42F4-BB01-EAE3B2CE5ED5.jpg (3264x2448, 892K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IAEbbhRJNYw
youtu.be/6_3_DBeU_HI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy now dumbass, you want tokarev, you NEED tokarev, buy now Now NOW!

I got one of those M57s that only has the trigger safety from them about a year ago or so. I really enjoy shooting it and it looks great. Ammo is definitely expensive compared to 9mm, of course, but you can still get it for around the same cost per round as .357, maybe cheaper, if you buy bulk surplus.
I've bought two guns from Classic and not had any issue. My only recommendation is don't get the hand select, because its pretty much pointless. Just buy the cheapest option.

Bro invest your money in something else. Tokarevs are 185 dollars for a reason...because they are shitty guns. I’m waiting on makarovs to com back in stock

For 280 bucks I can buy a PSA Cold hammer forged upper. Or 1000 rounds of 5.56. Both will be far more valuable than a slavshit toke

Makarovs are more expensive and aren’t really any better.

180, not 280. I’ve been wanting one because I collect milsurp and don’t want every single one of my guns to be a Glock or an AR.

That’s where you’re wrong, kid. Makarovs are FAR superior in reliability to tokarevs. Better built too.
youtu.be/IAEbbhRJNYw

>I’m waiting on makarovs to com back in stock
fucking when?! Hurry up sweaty ben!

Attached: 254356.png (790x1055, 1.15M)

I watched the video, he had multiple failures to lock open and it disassembled itself in the water.
As for better built, read up on the differences between normal tokarevs and the Yugoslavian M57 variant, here’s a hint: it’s better. The M57 is an all steel copy of the browning 1903 that was made bigger and further refined. Toks are known for being very reliable after the import safety is removed, to the point of being just as reliable as a mak. Toks are also more accurate and fire a round with far better penetration.

The tokarev could not even compare with the mak in a test like that you fucking idiot. The mak did better than a glock.

browning 1903 is unlocked blowback

it's just a commie mishmash of browning ideas

The tokarevs are cheap the ammo on the other hand is the real ball kicker. It used to be really cheap but that is no longer the case. Buy it if you want it, don't let any other anons tell you other wise. If you get the Yugo M57 make sure you remove the magazine disconnect and shitty ass safety. They are fun project guns.

Attached: 20190623_205255.jpg (4032x2268, 2.66M)

Also for reference that as after my shitty ass alumahyde job. This is prior.

Attached: DSC_0023.jpg (1122x632, 139K)

Are 9x19 barrels still available for the Tok?

Yeah, hell there are still new production ones

I've bought from classic and they delivered exactly what they said they would ..good company. Also if you like something buy it while you can. You can always sell it later. I bought some CZs years ago, turned out to be a good investment.

>There are people who don't want a sub-$200 handgun that shoots ammo you can buy off the shelf at fucking WalMart that will penetrate a IIIa vest.
7.62x25 is unironically one of the dopest pistol rounds of all time.

Attached: 1436149878051.jpg (598x370, 55K)

To anyone who buys a Romanian TTC, the safeties are crap, or at least the one on mine was.
I removed it and gun has functioned fine since.

You can buy Norinco model 213s any day of the week

Found the maple Mexican.

what grip?

I'm waiting for zastava to start importing their own with the trigger dongle instead of the shitty safety versions on the market right now.

>I want one
Get it.
>I want one because it's supposed to be good for-
>but I really want to carry i-
Don't get one.
>I'm poor
Get the surplus
>I think they're cool but want new quality
Zastava is making new production models soon.

Sweaty Ben is selling one with trigger dingus. The trigger dingus actually sucks, but you can replace it with an unmolested one.

There's two Tokarevs I want, either one of the two tokarevs that come in 9mm and no one ANYWHERE is selling the 9mm tokarevs.

I bought an M70A around 2011 and was super fucking bummed that the magwell block was out of spec and let it drop mags.
Mags were and remain unobtainable as well.

>9mm Tokarev

Attached: gross.jpg (480x360, 17K)

That sounds weird. All I ever ever hear about all the tokarevs is how reliable they are. That's specifically why I want one.
>Zastava is making new production models soon.
Source?

Reliable?

Classic has the shorter 9mm ones for like 210 RN

Not him but dkfirearms has a things saying they have new production tokarevs coming

Yeah but mine had a block out of spec. Reputation doesnt matter when yours ends up sucking because one part got made wrong. I kind of regret not just shimming it or something, but whatever I needed new tires at the time and it was an easy sell.

File down your magazine catch. That fixed the issue on mine.
For mags, there's a user on eBay that sells extended 10rd mags and hopefully Zastava will start factory ones soon.

Sold the gun five years ago. And I dont see how filing the mag catch makes up for 1.5mm of extra space behind the mag.

user, I appreciate your argument, but most people aren't ever going to be in a situation where their EDC falls in sand, dirt, and mud right as they need to shoot

Stop being such a cookie cutter faggot.

>The trigger dingus actually sucks
This, the pin that holds the dingus in fell out some time and was never seen again. I just got and original trigger, and it is so much better now.

Pretty sure the safety on mine is fucking up the trigger pull bad. I'm going to remove it.

They were nice when the 7.62 dried up a while back. Ideally I’d like a conversion kit but I haven’t seen one of those since the early 2000’s

I have a Polish Tokarev near mint condition and also a brand new never used .38 Super Barrel with heavier spring and bushing....fight me bro

Attached: 1526275300779.jpg (480x426, 17K)

It is, the pull in mine got so much better when I put a normal trigger in

If $350 nuggets taught me anything it’s that milsurp always appreciates in value. Sometimes ridiculously. Get it. Even just to sell to some desperate zoomer in five years.

>$350
>his shop doesn't sell them for $400

hogue

what sort of mags does it take

I decided I didn't want to take a gamble with Sweaty Ben's Bargain Bin of Sewer Pipes, so I picked up an M57 on GB for 290. Worth the extra money to not get fucked.

The who what now?

The Tokarev Mags.

>that will penetrate a IIIa vest
I know it's good against Kevlar, but can it really defeat IIIa?

Yes.
youtu.be/6_3_DBeU_HI

My walmart doesnt sell cartridge :(