Can a 3Dprintfag help a Jow Forumsrafty/k/omando out?

I'm a leatherworker looking at a new project. I'm making fancy dupes of M91/30 ammo pouches and holsters for TT-33s. As you might imagine, finding soviet iconography stamps and tools are pretty much impossible. I read an article about 3D printing your own leatherworking stamps out of UV cure resin that looked like it works well. I don;t have a 3D printer and my computer graphics skills are shit, so can I pay someone to make me some? Will pay in cash or in trade with leather goods.

Attached: M91-30 Ammo pouch & Tool Kit.jpg (466x350, 36K)

UV cured resins are a PITA to work with.

Where do you live that you can't find a Mosin ammo pouch? My local gun shop has them 5 USD a pop

I can get them pretty cheap, I just think some nifty ones would be sweet. Instead of pebble grain I'd like to do a hammer-and-sickle basketweave, dye the trim in yellow and the main body in red. Put a larger Hammer, Sickle and Star on the closure straps. The holster I'd do a cased star basketweave and throw a big gold Soviet star concho on the flap and another on the magazine pocket underneath.

Decorative stuff is nice, but how do you feel about adding modern takes to it?
If the strap has at least two layers of material, you could embed a neodymium magnet into it and have it automatically latch in place.

steel cased rounds would stick to it, user

Thereby keeping it closed when you aren't actively pulling on the strap, yes.

I like it.Gotta be a good strong one though.

Depends, how much you willing to pay?

Just so some more research, OP. There are many companies who will custom make stamps for you. I know that several advertise in the knife collecting / knife making area.

I doubt that stamps made from resin will last, but it's no big deal to get metal ones.

Attached: Lost PLA 10-22.png (1194x1440, 3.2M)

What's your point, user? What's the point of doing a ton more work to lost-wax cast a shitty stamp when you can just buy one that doesn't suck? If OP already owned a 3D printer and was doing it for fun you might have a point, but OP doesn't, so that seems like an excessively complicated solution to a very simple problem.

Because then he has the tools to lost wax cast gun parts when hes done.

Would 5.45 stripper clips be viable with polymer?

Because he can make custom stamps easily that way.
You think too small.
It's not like FDM printers are particularly expensive anymore, either.

>You think too small.
No, I think too *good*.
Aluminum sucks for stamps. It's too soft.

Like I said, if you enjoy this and have a fun time doing it that's one thing. But it's a slow, tedious, method of producing a shitty tool for the job.

>It's not like FDM printers are particularly expensive anymore, either.
FDM printers come in two types:
hobby toys, which are cheap, and good ones, which still cost $10's of thousands.

>I think too *good*
Which is why you didn't think of casting metals other than aluminum?
As for printers, the Ender 3 does a fantastic job for the price. It only really needs two upgrades: Better bed springs and some wingnuts to lock the bed adjustment more solidly.

>and good ones, which still cost $10's of thousands.
Define "good".
>inb4 "I'm not getting into VR until they figure out full-dive" tier bullshit

>Which is why you didn't think of casting metals other than aluminum?
The problems are still there. Those metals which have a low enough melting point for a hobbyist to cast are all too soft. And the whole idea of using sand to cast parts requiring fine detail and smooth surface finish is silly anyway. The sand doesn't have good resolution for reproducing fine, small, details. The whole process is a fool's errand when you can pay a small amount of money for a custom stamp made from hardened tool steel.

> Ender 3 does a fantastic job for the price.
It might be good "for the price", but it's still a hobby toy.
-really small
-really slow
-can't handle polycarbonate
-no enclosure
-only one type of material at at time
-poor resolution

I demoed a $220k Stratasys for work last year. That wasn't good enough to impress me either.

>Define "good".
Able to compete with the surface finish and tolerances of even a modest milling machine.

Oh shit, that’s some big brain idea

>Implying sand is in contact with ANY surfaces of the part
You don't even know what casting plaster is, apparently.

>The problems are still there. Those metals which have a low enough melting point for a hobbyist to cast are all too soft.

There is nothing soft about stainless steel. If your home forge cant hit 2000C you fucking built it wrong. Get your ass to /diy/ and dont come back until you get your setup unfucked.

>You don't even know what casting plaster is, apparently.
Why would I buy specialty casting plaster when I could just buy the stamp instead?

Most hobbyists aren't going to be casting at 2000C, and you know it. Do you really expect OP to jump through all those hoops just for a single stamp?

If you like playing around with casting, that's cool. But I think it's silly to suggest this as a legit solution to OP's problem.