Are 4473s a backdoor gun registry?!

are 4473s a backdoor gun registry?!

Attached: 1516781015726.jpg (1600x1200, 689K)

yes

Yeah

Yes, but one of the only good things the NRA has done is make sure it stays paper and isn’t digital. That paper degrades over time and gets lost often, so not every 4473 still exists.
Also that is why private transfers exist and aren’t on 4473s in most states, and why you should build your own guns.

Yes

yep.

Attached: form 4473.jpg (1315x688, 47K)

>doesn't know dealers turn in their book to the ATF if they ever dumb their FFL
>doesn't know ATF scans their boundbook every inspection (once per year)

No, but the automated log system your gun store uses is.

>scans their boundbook
thought this was illegal? iirc the law is something like the feds can't make a "searchable" database that could be used for a registry, even though they have created the registry loophole anyway...
i could see it being argued that it's not searchable but anything digital is queryable. anyone with computer knowledge knows this

I mean you're right, they're not supposed to be making a searchable database. But, how many times has the federal government argued it should be given a power promising it won't abuse it and then turns around and does it anyway?
The golden rule has always been don't get caught. (Apart from the older golden rule of "those who have the gold make the rules")

Attached: 1560208049577.jpg (1500x971, 1024K)

Most likely. Luckily private transfers legally exist. The government can only prove that at one point you did own a gun but they dont know what you currently own.

yes

>don't get caught
that's the golden rule for basically being a leader in a lot of ways.
i dont like to post what SHOULD be done online, but god damn fuck their not-a-database database. they think they're doing god's work too when it's a buncha fat office ladies and obese office dudes sharting around in their rolly chairs to go after someone or some gun dealer.

but i got approved for 3 guns i never bought or took home. does the gubment think i did?

Yes, and NICS is doubly so. just fucking look at how they recover false positive NICS results firearms on a regular basis, the record retention requirements for 4473s, and how hard the BATFE leans on FFls to give them over to them for ever.

>NICS is supposed to explicitly not be recorded or retained, just a check to see if you're a felon or not at the time of the request:

>forbidden persons repeatedly pass NICS checks
>weeks or months pass before the feds realize they're actually forbidden persons while totally not re-reviewing or monitoring previously passed NICS checks
>use totally not retained NICS checks to track them back down to the FFL in question and the individual in question and arrest/prosecute them
>this happens routinely
>nobody bats a fucking eye
It'd be funny if they were a little less transparent.
>FFLs are notoriously likely to go out of business compared to most private businesses
>vast majority of all businesses shit the bed within 5-7yrs yrs
>any FFL that goes out of business must turn all < 20yr old 4473s in to the BATFE for permanent retention and recording on paper which is transitioned to microfilm and "non searchable" electronic databases thereby satisfying legally imposed requirements regarding not maintaining a gun """"registry"""
>which are actively and transparently(the batfe openly admits to this) being prepared for transition into the inevitable electronically searchable database that congress will surely one day approve
If you're surprised then you're stupid.

this is one of our saving graces for all current gun owners.
let's say they did a stop by gunowners' homes and said "sir we're here to collect your illegal firearms."
then when you play dumb they try to scare you by saying "sir we know for a fact you have an AR15 with the serial # 1234-ABCD by Daniel Defense. Along with a Glock 19 with the serial # 4567GLK."

"Nah got rid of em awhile back. Don't need em" - close door
Get rid of guns and say all your gun cleaning shit (Assuming they did a full warranted search on millions of gun owners) is just leftover and good for cleaning other stuff.

however let's be real. most people will cave as soon as any fed says they already know everything.

not surprised. just very sad and angry.

They don't scan bound books stupid. And most FFL's are inspected every 6 years or so.

FFL fag here, been audited 3 times in the last 10 years and the agent did not take any pictures or scan anything from my log book or any 4473s. the most he did was ask for 2 random sets of forms to spot check them against the book.

that picture's from the governer's palace in colonial williamsburg, isn't it?

>which is transitioned to microfilm and "non searchable" electronic databases thereby satisfying legally imposed requirements regarding not maintaining a gun """"registry"""
Quick question. You do know how far behind on this they are, right?
I'm talking literal shipping containers full of 4473s, half of which were sabotaged by the shops who sent them. Literally printed on tissue paper.

yes

Not to mention those lost to fire, flood etc. They haven't a clue what people have.