Are you actually supposed to use the 100m sights on a CETME or is it just a meme...

Are you actually supposed to use the 100m sights on a CETME or is it just a meme. I feel like I'm better off using the 200m and aiming low. Seriously what is the sight picture even supposed to look like with the 100m.

Attached: IMG_20190623_201727__01.jpg (2607x1975, 1.93M)

>CETME
why dude

Its a C308 and I got it for literally 420 dollars new. 0 malfunctions so far.

Gotta sight it in for 69yds

just use the ghost ring and aim a little bit low

I always assumed you lined up the front post in the rear notch. I never used it and just stuck to 200. Also how are you liking you Century? Mine serves me well

It makes more sense when you realize it’s more of a

>literally 420 dollars
D U D E

no different from a AR, it's lowest sight setting is 200m

as i understand it it's more of a close quarters sight or for low light.
it's good that it's there but you almost never need it, especially at the range. if you started doing tactical drills n shit then maybe it'd come in handy.

WEED
also checked

Why would you want to spend the time to adjust it when you can simply learn what your holdover is for various ranges? Especially true for practical applications like competition shooting or when you are being shot at.

It's a post and notch sight picture, same as any old 20th century milsurp, you line up the post with the smaller (inside) notch user

A2 rear sights can go from 100m to 800m.

>same as any old 20th century milsurp
He's clearly talking about how laughably wide the rearsight "notch" (more like a valley) is, try and think before you post please.

Pretty sure the roller bottoms out at 300, and goes to 600+. If you are zeroing it as the mil does by placing the sight on Z and shooting at 25yds, then affirming zero at 300yds with the roller back at 300/600.

Yeah it’s 300-800. At the lowest setting, it shoots high at 100

>can
With a bit of modification, you too can add a 100 and 200 meter setting to a standard A2 elevation drum.

Or you can just zero the lowest setting for 100 yards like a non retard.

>A2 rear sights can go from 100m
200-800, there is no 100m setting on a m16/m4

are you even aware of the large aperture?

then you lose all the sight settings, thats retarded.

trips witnessed

Attached: devilish_digits.png (265x340, 145K)

Attached: 1560823767618m.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

There is a large hole marked 1-2 which is for close range, and is a 200M zero.

if you zero your rifle as designed your only 2-3 inches high at 100.

Just use the 200m sights

Attached: irons.jpg (2400x1800, 1012K)

Zero at 25M using the 200M setting, then the rifle is zeroed.

Wierd. I don't have any hold over. My bullets fly straight out to 1000 yards in about a second and a half and I just aim a little high.
Just wait for the winds to die down.

You're pretty much describing what I'm talking about. Loosen the set screw on the elevation drum and lift the sight four clicks without moving the indicator portion of the drum, then tighten the setscrew back in. You can lower the sight two clicks from 300 to get a 200m setting, and one further click to get a 100m setting and still raise the sight all the way to 800.

No you don't. They just apply to a range that is less the difference of whatever the gun says is the lowest setting and 100.

He means a
Autism marks

More like don't use a fucking CETME to begin with

t. butt mad PTR fag that paid x2 the price for possibly a 1% performance increase and no pic rail.

Attached: 1461830632740.png (368x379, 221K)

t.assblasted BRG fag that can't let people have fun

hey does your C308 accept aluminum mags?

Generally they take any G3 or CETME mag.

Why didn’t you just buy a fucking PTR?

>Half the price
>Good enough for novelty
Gee I wonder why. You know not everyone needs or wants the best? Most people are fine with good enough, especially at half the price