BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS

Nothing more important for general innawoodsing than good footwear, what do you use Jow Forums? What would you recommend to others?

Attached: 123432143214.jpg (3589x2311, 3.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ohzVYbURlFA
kommandostore.com/products/swiss-ks90-waterproof-first-generation-combat-boots
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yummy

Keens are bretty gud.

Been (Bean?) using Merrel Moabs since November 2015, it's June 2019 and they still have life in them. Also, for winter I have a pair of Wolverines with 600 gr thinsulate

fuck off. this is a weapons board. take that shit to or

old east German jackboots

danny boys

Attached: danners.jpg (689x625, 53K)

I'd recommend a good pair of gaiters to whatever boots you're wearing.

trying out these walmart brand ozark trail hiking shoes, pretty good so far. youtube.com/watch?v=ohzVYbURlFA

Attached: ozark.jpg (2000x1600, 530K)

>$20 shoes for hiking
I see you like to live dangerously

Attached: 124132412341234.jpg (500x496, 76K)

I like Hanwag. Don't know if they're available outside of Europistan, though.

Agreed. Worn em daily for 5+ years. Had Patrols for the past three and they're holding up excellent through all weathers and terrains.

Technically speaking, you don't need boots for hiking, it's just a good idea to wear them.

>Wal-mart shoes
They go perfectly with that Sightmark red dot on the quad-rail WASR foregrip.

Used the for 6 months, as everyday shoes, they died pretty quick on me

what would be the spring/summer weather version of these in the Salomon line up?

I love the fit/shape/etc, they just get too warm around 70f / 20c

Attached: quest-4d-gtxr-forces__L37347800.jpg (2000x2000, 1.12M)

I wear those in the summer here in Texas

Try not being a bitch?

Being a shoe isn't the most worrying part.

slogging over africa

what do you do? hide your feat in the shade of the shooting bench at your range for 2hrs?

Is it the $20 part or the Wal-Mart part?

This is the correct answer. Went on an 18 mile hike in these bad boys today.

I'm looking to get a pair of Danner Tachyons, they seem like a solid pair of lightweight boots that won't suck too badly to get wet. Any opinions?

Both, this shit sounds like they're fall apart before you could even finish your first hike in them.

>All your local outdoors stores only carry a bunch of "literally who?" brands
>You don't dare buy anything that hasn't been extensively tested and reviewed on the internet
Am I being autistic?

Just picked up a pair of Lowa zephyr's. Haven't broken em in yet but I hope they hold up. They're comfy

Attached: LOWA-Zephyr-GTX-Mid-03.jpg (615x461, 96K)

Yes, but autistic people are superior to normal people.

Not nearly as high quality as Danner's made in USA lines. Just what I've seen firsthand. But that's kinda more to do with the materials used than anything else. It's lightweight and (relative to some of their boots) cheap. It's not going to hold up the same to abuse as a more traditional boot. It's also going to weigh half as much.

If you're ok with replacing them, get them.

Salomon

If I'd rather have something less disposable but with similar pluses, and better comfort, what would be a better alternative? I don't mind if I'll have to pay a hundred more.

Buy off the internet, find some place with free returns and be prepared to send them back several times.

kommandostore.com/products/swiss-ks90-waterproof-first-generation-combat-boots I really like the KS90s from kommandostore.

Attached: [email protected] (2048x2048, 293K)

To be perfectly honest, you can't. More durable materials are heavier. The soles on all those lightweight boots are not as durable as something with a heavier vibram sole. That's where I've seen the Tachyons fail. The sole literally splits. Not comes off the boot, splits apart in the middle of the tread. And clearly the upper isn't as durable as a heavier boot. Tachyons, the Nike SFB, and other similar boots have more in common with running shoes than boots.

If you want something that is at least reasonably light and also durable, get a pair of Salomons. In my experience they hold up pretty damn well. I'd see if you can try some Lowa Zephyrs as well.

Mcrae jungles are pretty good

Attached: c791a4ae-4d76-4f5a-ae2f-bf840169c9b7.jpg (1000x926, 66K)

nope.

Merrill MOABs are god tier boots. I've been hiking in them for the past 5 weeks every day and they're fantastic. Such a comfy boot. They have a one way mesh too so they're water resistant.

Are they resoled?

Second on the Danners. Worm them for years. The only pair I've had wear out were pronghorns or something like that title. They're the cheap ones cabelas pushes in the winter. Currently using 10" powderhorns and loving it.

>If you want something that is at least reasonably light and also durable, get a pair of Salomons
lolno
Salomon is street shitter tier now. Made in India.

Lowas are the best I’ve found. Mine have held up for 4 years and have been to Afghanistan twice and Africa once. They see 50 pound rucks for 10 miles twice a week when not deployed

>this fuckin retard
Good job user, find a pair of hiking boots that is decent and ISN'T imported from some shithole. I'll be waiting.

I can't even be assed to look up if what you're saying is true, but if it is, they switched manufacturing there from China. It's not like it's a downgrade or something.

Altama Jungle boots have lasted me forever, but I would recommend Merrell Moabs Or Salomon X Ultra

Repro jungle boots are complete shit. There are good jungle boots out there and repros of designs from the 70s made from chineseum sure as hell arent it. Rocky jungles are pretty damn good personally.

>when china is too expensive and you have to go to india
>not a downgrade
>can't look at the tag inside a salomon shoe he doesn't own
wew lad

>when china is too expensive and you have to go to india
>chinks better than curryniggers
I dunno m8, not really.
>can't look at the tag inside a salomon shoe he doesn't own
You're right, I can't. That's why I looked in the one I do own. I haven't had to buy a new one since these have lasted me so long. How about you post yours, expert?

Or are you entirely operating off of hearsay and thirdhand memes?

Attached: go fuck yourself chinkaboo.jpg (4032x2268, 2.04M)

I’d recommend the R851. They’re made in their American factory. The incursions look like they could be good but they’re imported so idk

Why do you have such a hard on for corporate brands that sell out to maximize profit? Salmon is trash now.

Attached: gWQsUPw.jpg (3040x4056, 2.27M)

Because they've worked great for me for years. I don't give a fuck about the politics or your whinging, especially when you refuse to name an alternative.

Also why did you upload that to imgur too?

>retard
>chinkaboo
>politics
a lot of ad hom to avoid the truth...

So, what is the truth? China isn't any better than India when it comes to manufacturing quality. They haven't decreased in quality because they switched to India.

What boot do you recommend, and where is the damage to your boots that makes you think they are inferior to mine?

>all manufacturing processes in China are the same
Okay, so you're genuinely stupid then. Have a nice life.

Attached: th.jpg (474x368, 15K)

So, no alternatives, just whining because it's all you can do. You can't even name anything wrong with them, you're just bitching because you didn't realize the old ones were likewise imported from cheap sweatshops.

Are there water resistant boots that wont give me athletes foot?

anti microbial, steel shank proof sole, composite toe, composite heel, anti slip. Overall pretty good.

Attached: das boot haix.jpg (852x955, 162K)

looks like some shit a gay europoor would wear

Some european ones? La Sportiva? Meindl?

I've been wearing Vasques for years. They're durable and comfy. I live in the south so I get the models that breathe really well and they do a great job of keeping my feet dry and comfy in hot weather but still work fine for the sort of winters we have down south although I can't attest to how they'd handle a real winter.

They're not super stylish though, not ugly but they tend to have some sneaker style bright color accents on them and I'd prefer a solid brown or black boot.

Attached: Vasque_Breeze_GTX_Hiking_Boot_waterproof2.jpg (600x450, 134K)

Got wide and flat feet. I already have inserts to support my feet, but I need recommendations to boots/shoes that provide good ankle support.

they're comfy, nigger. And I am american. Thank you very much. I also wear these

Attached: warrington FF II.png (772x606, 759K)

I have flat feet and insoles too. That Vasque GTX, I posted works really well with my insoles since the sides don't have much flex in them.

>meindl
Solid choice
>la sportiva
Not a fan. Also 40% of their manufacturing is likewise done in either China or Vietnam (according to themselves).

Crap, they aren't available in my country, so I can't try them out... Thanks though.

My work is getting me a pair of these, what are my feet in for?

Attached: Boot.png (1412x801, 738K)

My general advice would be to get a boot of that style. You want something that's high but has pretty firm padded sides on it. High boots like the milsurp ones tend to have good soles but the sides are just thin leather that has a lot of flexibility in it and that won't give your ankles any support.

great boots

I already have some Haix combat boots from my country's version of the National Guard. The soles feel like they are paper thin (at least when walking/running on tarmac), and the ankle support is completely negated by my fat cankles, as I can't tie the boots tight enough without cutting the blood to my feet.
I'll keep looking.

Different boots are good for different things, user.

I have a pair for fucking everything.

>MAC-V 1s from GoRuck
Every day work boots. I work at an FBO, lots of running and marshalling, pulling chocks, refueling, and it rains a shit ton in FL during the summer. Having a boot that breathes well and is light weight, but durable as fuck with good traction (I'm on a ramp, after all) was a must. The MAC-Vs fill the roll perfectly in that regard. Was easily worth the $200 I spent on them. My only complaint is that the finish wears very, very easily. But there are trade offs in everything.

>Heavy working boots
I have two that I use. For light work I have a pair of Austrian Paras that I used to wear daily when working at a previous job. They support your ankles very well and you don't really even notice they're there until you have to take them off. They also look great with some slacks so long as you tuck or fold your pants legs in such a manner that you don't look like a dick.

For shit work, like working fields or offroad fun, I have a pair of Rothco Jungle Boots that are the perfect beaters. I threw in a pair of Dr. Scholls and they have not rotted yet, even though they have been ankle deep in mud, salt water, and stagnant pools from heavy rains. They're not the best, but they work for what I use them for.

For looks I have the Waxis that Ivan imports, and a pair of cowboy boots. Both of them are absolutely terrible for driving a manual in, btw.

no they are literally made to prevent moisture from getting in which also prevents it from venting well

i love my salomons
trekked the alps and the himalaya in them

Those aren't combat boots or hikers.
They are firefighters and construction workers stuff rather.

Paramedic boots actually, really popular in europe.

I like my Rocky's.

I prefer leather marching boots. The climate and terrain here is perfect for it. Mountains are gnarled and good ankle support is vital to protect your foot. The forests have a lot of slippery moss growing on stone, and then there's the marshes where you might get wet while crossing them. But it gets cold some nights even outside winter, and you don't want to walk far with wet feet. And since winter with snow can last 6 months, you have yet another reason to appreciate boots with some height to them.

I've mostly used M77s but am trying out some Mont Blancs in the same style.

Solomons are comfy, wear mine daily, good breathability and stability

Altra lone peak 4. They're not boots they’re trail running shoes and I would choose those over boots any day

>that provide good ankle support.
If your shoes/boots aren't custom made to measurements of your foot they are crap. This is especially true if you have abnormal feet or a medical condition of some sort.

My Oboz have been pretty good.

This, have the wind rivers and love them. Not especially Jow Forums though

Unironically this pair of timberlands, they have done great for me for at least 3 years now and will probably go on for much longer, they survived a lot of abuse, although I am a bit worried about that mold growing on the leather

Attached: IMG_20190624_100942.jpg (3120x4160, 1.95M)

Antibacterial soap water will sort that out.

Some select outfitters in the US sell them. I've only ever tried the Tatra and the Banks, both of which were very nice.

I fucked up and bought pu leather boots
They are fucking flaking everywhere i walk now. I guess i was wrong to assume people would have the common sense to use normal leather on something that has to endure abuse.

Just soak them in piss.

What, the price wasn't a clue?

RAS-47 would be more fitting

Unless you are trolling, what do you base this advice on?

>Paramedics need fucking boots

I like my Danners. I have found them to be extremely comfortable and reliable; however, i have hear of people having issues with their imported boots so your milage may vary.

Attached: 20190422_030946-1134x2016.jpg (1134x2016, 533K)

I was so sad that a pair of Nicks boots I was eyeballing had steel shanks. Apparently they get unbearably hot out on the fireline.

These are pretty good, swedish company but made in Indonesia

Attached: kängor.jpg (2448x3264, 434K)

Got a pair of Danner Foremans which I ordered a size too big because I'm an idiot. Nice boots but they're not too comfortable because of their size.. for some reason the soles are wearing exceptionally fast.
Bought a pair of 8" Thorogood Moc toes and I am extremely pleased with them, very comfortable and have made me a believer in what I thought was just a Red Wing knock off.
Speaking of RW I think my next pair is going to be a set of Iron Rangers

Second that. Haglofs are quality. Heavy duty quality. I'd own some of theirs if the build of the boots didn't disfavor my low ankles.

most of the repros are usually Rothco, Mcrae is made in the US, and they are one of the original jungle boots manufacturers

What boots does Jow Forums recommend that have these features in order of importance.

Waterproof > Durable > Hot Weather >>>>>> anything else

I currently have the Altai tactical boots and they work great, but aren't as durable as I would like.

Waterproof because I constantly have to wade through ankle-deep water, durable because reasons, and hot weather compatible because Texas summer.

>2020-1
>still wearing boots
even people doing the pct hike thru only wear some lightweight stuff like the altra lone peak

any of you bathroom mirror operators know of decent hot weather boots with a 6 inch shaft? Runners with gaiters aren't my thing but my old danners and salomons are too hot for innacanyon

i just picked up the merrell moab mid gtx boots. theyre ok but the heel is very stiff. def have a breakin period but are good so far.

i had the underarmour valsetz boots for 2 years before that and they are awesome for hot weather but the slightest hint of moisture and they are soaked through.

Attached: 1550103551061.gif (282x212, 2.96M)

hot weather and waterproof do not go together. You will have to compromise to some degree on one or the other. I’d recommend getting two great pairs rather than a pair that’s subpar in all weather

>wear trail runners on a trail
I wonder why they do that user. If you’re actually innawoods, lightweight boots will be infinitely more durable than some sneakers. I love me some trail runners but they serve a purpose and so do boots

Belleville One Xero
There are probably even better options out there that are not military appropriate but these boots are god tier already and they're $145