HI Jow Forums, i really need your help. I have a POF 415 308, and it's having a lot of issues...

HI Jow Forums, i really need your help. I have a POF 415 308, and it's having a lot of issues. I've only shot it once before, and I had the same issue; the bolt is stuck, and there is a live round in the chamber. I've removed the upper from the lower, and it's currently sitting here on my table. I have no idea what the issue is, all I know is that I hate the idea of a live round being in the chamber and going for a long car ride in my car. the bolt carrier seems to be stuck, as it won't come out upon upper and lower separation as per usual. What do? I am definitely going to take the rifle in to get looked at, but I want to remove the round first. Pls help

Attached: 1555778133499.png (1000x800, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ACyrqNIUdAg?t=118
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to add, the bolt carrier is also to far extended for the upper to clasp back onto the lower

Worthless without pics.
Also you need to be more specific about the malfunction.

Pitfall of the ar nonreciprocating charging handle

uploading. i had to send them to email from my mobile phone first

Since you said the bolt is stuck and there is a live round in the chamber, put the gun back together and mortar the round out. Sounds like the extractor still has a grip on the round.

thats the problem, the bolt carrier is now stuck and won't fit back onto the lower

like so

Attached: 20190623_190745.jpg (3024x3024, 3.85M)

Either grab a rubber mallet and smack it back into battery or grab something like a flathead screwdriver if there is a gap near the chamber and pry. Preferably the mallet.

so smack it back in and then mortar it?

ideally yes

this is probably something i shouldn't do at my house sitting at my dining room table, im guessing, right?

meaning the mortaring. I've never had to mortar an AR before

okay got it out, thanks guys. sorry to trouble you all with this trivial bullshit. either way, I'm going to take this in to get looked at. this is the 2nd, time this has happened to me with this AR, and it has just been cleaned and lubed up

youtu.be/ACyrqNIUdAg?t=118
here babby

any ideas on what the issue is? I've seen meltdown videos on the POF, it should be good to go with ridiculous amount of ammo put through the chamber. It doesn't seem right that it's jamming consistently after only a few rounds

it's been deep cleaned and lubricated, so that's not the issue. I've even broke the bolt carrier down and lubed the firing pin

You should try this but only in a safe direction.
In case the round discharges from the malleting.

any pictures of the action or underneath to maybe see whats jamming it?

dumb frogposter

i didn't get any while it was jammed, but the bolt carrier wasn't discharging the round. I don't know how else to explain it. I have a feeling it may be the shitty ammo I'm trying to put through it

This is piston operated, as opposed to gas impingement, right? If it is a piston, look at the plug in the front. Afaik, it works like an FAL and depending on the position of the plug, let's off the normal gas amount to cycle, bleeds off gass completely, or shuts off the gas piston altogether. Check that it's in the right position.

Attached: 1547566257571.gif (473x235, 126K)

Your upper receiver might be bent, typically this happens just under the dust cover where there's only a thin strip of metal. If the receiver even gets slightly bent out of spec your BCG will get stuck. You need to bend the dent outward with a wrench by putting it into the charging handle channel and applying pressure until the bolt comes free. It helps to put the upper in a vise.

That or you have an obstruction but I'm assuming you're not dumb enough to not notice it being that. You could've solved this more easily if you had a forward assist.

>this is the 2nd, time this has happened to me with this AR
So not an obstruction? Your upper is bent. It can be so slightly out of spec that you don't notice it and still cause a complete day ending jam. Whoever installed your barrel applied too much torque and caused the receiver to bend in the vise. If it was factory installed send it in for replacement.