Why does Jow Forums never talk about rimfires?

And what is the best 22LR for the money and why is it pic related?
Even after adding tech sights and the DIP trigger guard it’s still about the price of a tenfuddytwo

Attached: C3F97954-5230-4335-86DC-C03E1EBDF159.jpg (460x460, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

midwayusa.com/product/3357567408/archangel-nomad-folding-rifle-stock-system-with-magazine-ruger-10-22-synthetic-black
henryusa.com/rifles/pump-action-octagon-rifle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Durp

BEST 22 COMING THOUGH

/OURGUY/ OL' CLICK-CLACK GILL GUN

Attached: clackity.jpg (3247x1320, 738K)

BUT WAIT, WHY OWN ONE WHEN YOU CAN OWN TWO?

these things are so much fun with subs

Attached: pew.jpg (2847x2432, 2.19M)

Jow Forums talks about rimfires all the time newfag

also

>disgusting marlin shit

begone from this place, your input is not necessary

does that have one of those floating chambers? Really wish that feature was more common, subsonic .22 is great.

Well I love 10/22s (pic related) but my favorite .22 is my dad's remington pump action .22 they are like 800 bucks at the gun show but that rifle is sweet...

Attached: 20190611_214120.jpg (2048x1152, 864K)

why do people dress 10/22s up like this? rifle is fine.

because I love the G36 but cant justify getting an inferior rifle to the M16 that shoots the same ammo...

>why do people dress 10/22s up like this?

because it's fun

mine looks classy af with wood furniture an M1903 sling but I don't turn into a butthurt little faggot when I see someone dress theirs up differently. I just nod respectfully and move along to the next activity.

>rifle is fine.

a 10/22 is a toy you buy at walmart, not something you need to treat with respect

>10/22 is a toy
10/22 is literally the most useful firearm

its also

>which is less than a X-box

and much more satisfying in the long run

All guns are toys

Takedown or fixed barrel Jow Forums?

Attached: 82646_1.jpg (500x433, 18K)

neither, charger with a 4.5" barrel + suppressor in a PMACA chassis

ask yourself: how often are you really going to need the takedown feature?

I have a fixed barrel 22" version and I have absolutely no use whatsoever for a takedown. I still want one someday so I can fuck around and make it look pretty, but there is no reason for me to have one...which is why I've spent my money on other guns in the meantime

The TD version is finicky. If it's not together *just* right you'll run into a slew of issues.

If you want a compact 10/22, look at the TCr 22. It's much, much better.

>TCr 22

do you actually have one of these?

what sort of parts commonality does it have with the ruger?

My FLGS has a some commie bolt action trainer rifle for $300-400? Is it a gud deal.

It seems as bit high, but also a cool gun.

Bolt action 22 with a high power(24x) is super fun at 50-200 yards. Accurate and you won't need a spotting scope

Agreed. I wish i had gotten one of these over my marlin 60 but its still a great gun and cheap as hell.

I have a Ruger 10/22 with a Magpul stock, a fluted bull barrel, a ruger trigger (I think it's 3 1/2 lbs), Nodak Spud sights, and an Aimpoint Pro optic. I take grouse hunting serious.

Attached: IMG_0028.jpg (4032x3024, 1.56M)

After owning a 10/22 takedown for a number of years, I was not overly thrilled with it. For backpacking and reasons you want a takedown the AR7 variety that disassembles into it's stock is a decent option.

Attached: 25608e4a4fb5b3696e05dc88a08e1d9c.jpg (300x450, 30K)

I bought one about a month ago for pretty cheap, put a few hundred rounds through it so far and pretty happy with it. Would you care to explain some of the things I should look out for?

What issues in particular?

I have a pc carbine takedown, and that’s been surprisingly good at keeping zero, as well as being reliable

there’s multiple thread with people talking abut .22 right now newfag.
We have an older 10/22 that I’m planning on getting a magpul stock, upgraded trigger, and extended mag for. They’re great little guns. I don’t see the need for the takedown tho it’s small enough to attach to any backpack easily unless you’re trying to be a spooky spook

Cant be fucked to go get a pic of just that hut my first gun and only 22 is a marlin xt22. 22 is boring and good for teaching only. I'll never get rid of it but I dont enjoy shooting it much.
>tfw sold 2 of the guns in this pic to fund an ar and make rent, feels bad man

Attached: 20190505_001854.jpg (2288x1080, 339K)

I prefer an old winchester or mossberg. You can get them used pretty cheap. Good shooters with a lot of personality. Pic related. This is a good example except it's missing the rear sight and at least one quick release swivel.

Attached: 151.305.jpg (800x600, 107K)

Lurk moar faggot

I love marlin 60s i always buy them at pawnshops cheap love the guns. I know people hate tube feed but i think its a great gun for the cost

Tell them the Marlin 795 exists. It's literally just a Marlin 60 that's mag fed (and I think slightly cheaper too). Saying marlin is shit is easy to do, but my 795 works pretty great. I'm sure you can dump $600 on a custom 10/22 and get something better, but who cares. 795 shoots straight and I've not had any malfunctions yet that are the fault of the gun.

Attached: marlin.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Whats your problem with marlin

Marlins are fine. I'm looking forward to building a benchrest 10/22 with a 3oz. trigger cuz for once in my life I'm gonna go balls to the wall with no budget and build the sickest target gun that a semi auto 22lr can achieve

Attached: images.jpg (395x128, 10K)

where in the fuck do i get that stock!

Own a mossberg plinkster, worst pile of garbage I've ever shot. Fires on safe, stove pipes, fire full auto with finger off the trigger. CRAP

Everytime I make a rimfire thread it dies a tragic death. I love hole punching with my .22 contender @ 200 yards.

Attached: 20190619_183608.jpg (4032x1960, 2.7M)

Recently picked up this savage model 72. Its my first ever .22 since boy scout camp. Really like it

Attached: 20190605_030047.jpg (2560x1440, 1.02M)

Henry makes a pump 22wmr that’s like $500. I really like mine

I put mine in a bullpup chassis from center balance systems. It’s a lot of fun to shoot, the chassis was more expensive than the gun though

I got you user
midwayusa.com/product/3357567408/archangel-nomad-folding-rifle-stock-system-with-magazine-ruger-10-22-synthetic-black

fixed barrel IMO, unless you're planning to get ruger's oem integral silenced barrel at some point. td is sort of gimmicky, and packing a rifle rather than slinging it is just sort of dumb imo.

Attached: peakperformance.jpg (2048x1536, 790K)

>disgusting marlin shit
Well baited.

That stock is beautiful did you refinish it?

>22 is boring
get the fuck off Jow Forums if you don’t like shooting any and all funs

^this

>tenfuddytwo
has amazing factory 25 round mags (marlin only makes 10 round mags) and has the most customization of any 22, you can turn it into a super l33t operator black piece of tacshit with as much fagpul on it as you can afford, if you'd like
(I personally just got a takedown, put nodak spud sights on it, and called it a day)
then fucking leave it the way it is, you can tart it up if you want if you're gay like OP, that's the beauty of the 10/22's large aftermarket
>a 10/22 is a toy you buy at walmart, not something you need to treat with respect
you're in a 22 thread
not a 10/22 thread, a 22 thread in general
by your metrics every fucking firearm in this thread is a toy, and no, they are not toys, you're a fucking idiot, they are still god damn firearms and will kill you dead if you look down the barrel and shoot your fucking stupid ass in the eye with one on accident
I got a takedown just because it's easier to clean, and I like takedown guns because they fit in a keyboard-size case and I can go to the range without advertising it to all my neighbors.

I used to think like that user until I went to the range again with my model 60, really great time with my boi.

Bump for interest

>22 is boring and good for teaching only
how is 22 boring? not only is it great for practicing everything from trigger work to long range ballistics, its like the most useful caliber. cost per round is measured in *fractions of a fucking penny*, and that's for stuff you can stay in a 10 ring at 100m with. you can pack hundreds of rounds for the same weight as a few magazines of a centerfire rifle caliber. you can take anything from squirrel to deer in an emergency. it's easily suppressed and when suppressed is the closest to "movie quiet".

22lr is the patrician caliber

.223 is the best .22. Saged.

>a 10/22 is a toy
B8

The backpacker stock with a two stamp is so aesthetic.

Attached: 1022.jpg (640x480, 300K)

let me show you somethin...

Attached: bullet4.jpg (1000x700, 44K)

henryusa.com/rifles/pump-action-octagon-rifle/
I guess it’s in 22lr too. I added a scope with see through scope rings to it, great varmint gun.

That’s fren

Attached: 903D96FF-6644-4ACB-A892-13F208273CFB.png (640x480, 132K)

22./.410?

Attached: 0DB82333-E451-4DED-B2BA-D496838C3FF2.jpg (763x523, 153K)

Useful firearms don't jam once a magazine, and if you have to spend 1k to Gucci out your 10/22 to make it reliable you have room temperature iq

10/22 is by far one of the most reliable 22 automatics along with the Remington Speedmaster Browning S/A22 and Smith MP 15/22.

People who spend a bunch on a 10/22 want to change it into something else usually a target rifle or tactical rifle whic h isn’t bad it is just a testament to its versatility.

BX1s is probably the most reliable 22 magazine, and 25s aren’t bad.

99% of 10/22 problems are a result of morons doing thier own work and are correctable by the same morons.

just because it's satisfying doesn't mean it's not a toy

What's wrong with toys?

Because Steel Challenge season is over.
Wait for fall. I might break out my 22/45 this year.

I had a little maintenance to do around work so I picked up a little tool set to get that done. Put me down $80. Was a sweet little toy. Before heading in to work I stopped by a local breakfast place that does excellent breakfast burritos. Put me down 12 bucks so that was a very tasty toy. After I got that shit fixed at work I went to the grocery store and bought a mega pack of toilet paper for 25 dollars and it's the good stuff. Softest toy ever. Got back out to my car and had a flat. Screw in the tire. Grocery store right next to the hardware store which is a pain. I had a toy can of fix-a-flat that was only 8 bucks and worked a dream. The tread was getting low anyway so I went to go get a pair of new tires. Cost me 160 bucks in toys to get it back on the road.

Might buy a 7 inch model 41 gents. Wish my bank account good luck.

My nigga here posting my dad's favorite gun.

>And what is the best 22LR for the money and why is it pic related?

There is no need to buy a rimfire because its is not as accurate as an AR is 5.56 and the AR is a better gas system that superseded foreign crap like 22LR which does not even have the option of a forward assist or a ten inch barel for fighting in urban areas when shtf in the boogaloo. This is now am AR thread. You cannot use AR mags with a 22 it is boomer fud crap it also kills but bouncing instead of tumbling which is why it cannot be used in wars under the general convention like bullets that have a space in them. Most modern video games don't even have a 22LR in them because of this.

I have a Sako Quad, with (heavy) barrels for 22 LR and 17 HMR, pic related.
It's a shooting machine to be sure, but it's lackluster for its price tag.
The bluing seemed to be drawn on with a sharpie, so I had the barrels cerakoted. The stock is also way too short for a grown man, and feels very cheap. Now, doing the maths, for the price I'm looking at for the gun, coating, and new stock, I could've gone and bought an Anschutz Fortner, or one of their older bolt action biathlon guns and a better scope than the VX-1 I've got on it now (though the scope is performing above and beyond what I'd have expected of it and I'm overall happy about it).
No less, if you would like an interesting project gun with barrel swap option, it might be an alternative. However, as far as 22 project guns go, the Tikka T1x might be a better option, as it can use regular T3 stocks.

Attached: 20190624_220842.jpg (4032x3024, 2.67M)