What AK's do you guys own?

I have two AR's and a glock, looking for an AK, its hard to decide with so many companies, websites and claims, looking in the range of $1000.

Attached: wbp-fox-ak47-rifle-red-classic-11.jpg (1000x540, 898K)

Attached: 20190322_160612.jpg (966x1288, 219K)

I got an SGL-21 back when they weren't retarded money, an SLR-105 and a parts kit I'm telling myself I'll ghet to building.

Attached: russian pepe.png (414x419, 236K)

i refuse to spend more than $700 on an AK and if i spend that much it better be a very comfy AK.
basically fuck AKs right now in America. i wish they'd let romania or something send us some shit, fuck.

OP here, the thing that makes it so frustrating is that all imported AK's have to be taken apart and have a certain number of :"US made" parts put in them.

Buy a PSAK

The 922r parts are irrelevant to the core function of the gun, it's furniture and the like, all easily replaceable.

they’re in a bad state. wait for a sam7or move on. the wbps have a lot of shady marketing and wear concerns, wasrs were are and will always be janky pieces of crap. just because they last a while, does not make them acceptable. the galil ace is not good for 7.62

This. You'll want a US trigger group anyways; surplus/converted AK triggers suck pretty hard. user is right, usually its furniture, triggers, and the gas piston. Irrelevant to function.

OP, the best bet is number one, to go to the fucking dedicated AK thread that runs 24/7 and has for like two years now instead of making YET ANOTHER "hay guise wat ak do i buy spoonfeed me lol!" thread. There is even a handy pastebin in that thread with an AK buyers guide. But, since you appear to be retarded, new to Jow Forums, and incapable of doing research on your own, here you go. The ultimate wisdom of buying an AK in America in 2019.

Are you ready for it?
..buy a wasr.

Attached: aks.jpg (1536x2048, 1.16M)

M72 RPK, M77, and a M92 pistol

if you want ak advice, stay FAR AWAY from /akg/

buy a norinco 56 or whatever those models are called. the chinks made decent AKs

There are a lot of retards, but a few people still hang around with good advice. In any case, the buyers guide is still, for the most part, accurate and is at the very least a good starting place.

amazing, everything you just said is wrong

Bought 4 Saigas for the price of an AR back when they were $300 and ARs were $1200 for a not shit one. Now I'm buying multiple ARs while they're $300 and not shit AKs are $1200.

You're only going to find reasonably priced mid grade shit. Get a WASR or a neat AK pistol. An AK pistol should be in everyone's arsenal if you're prepping for SHTF. Can't think of a more concealable set up that packs such a punch.

A modern production WASR is pretty much the best AK to get as a starter in today's market, with the caveat that the blonde wood furniture is really soft and dogshit tier - but you can buy a replacement surplus laminate stock set for $60 or so from various sources.

Century really stepped up their QC with recent WASR rifles; they'd honestly be pretty much great in every way if it weren't for the lack of dimples on the receiver - triggers my autism a bit. Other than that, though, they're much better than before when it comes to canted front sight blocks or gas blocks; the metal finish on them is smooth and pretty even; they have an original Romanian chrome lined hammer forged barrel; they accept most AK aftermarket parts out there (unlike, say, Yugo rifles or milled AKs).

I'd say go with a WASR for $700 to $800 or so, spend the remaining money on 7.62x39 ammo and magazines. If you want to dump the $1000 on the rifle alone, look for an Arsenal SLR-107FR.

Type 81 isn't an ak m9.

Get a wasr 10 from century. Or better yet go to the akguy.com best american made aks off fresh romania parts kits and hammer forged barrels. Best you can get for under 1000 I think. But bear in mind you gotta pay a deposit cause they ain't in season atm.

This. I have midwest industries railed gas tube on mine

>ak guy
>parts kits not in season
yea, no. fuck off

Is there any furniture for yugo AKs that looks like a typical AK handguard? i don't like the straight lower handguard.

tdi mlok

oh wait nvm, you want wood?

Yeah, though i wouldn't mind using that one with a wood upper handguard.

>looks like a typical AK handguard
Define.
Like palm swells or just "fatter/more consistently thick" than the more tapering yugo handguards?

Ya, Ironwood Designs sells Yugo furniture designed after normal AK furniture.

Attached: M70_UL_AKM_AF.jpg (1100x300, 67K)

Attached: ak lower handguard.jpg (1200x570, 183K)

Got Type 56-S (LB).
Paid 350€ for it back in 2015.

Attached: my Type-56S.jpg (1018x1537, 698K)

I thought we were waiting for the new FN barrels and shiet?

Attached: Capture+_2019-06-20-11-16-22.png (1440x2672, 2.37M)