Plugs won’t save your ears

The BEST plug AND headphone combo will reduce decibel levels by MAYBE 36. If it’s a rifle it’s 165-167 dB.
It’s still around 130db which is loud.
In order to get it down to a truly safe level you need to use a suppressor AND plugs. You can skip the headphones since that only adds a couple dB of protection and 100-105 dB is fine for short bursts.

Attached: 9C432B0F-962D-4C1B-8905-4357F94161F3.jpg (768x432, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/images/EtymoticER4XR.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just deal with it. there’ll be regeneration drugs for the damaged hairs in your cochlea in 5 years or less

Yeah and it will be so expensive normal people wont have access to it.

shut up brainlet
etymotic er4xr does -39dB broadband

innerfidelity.com/images/EtymoticER4XR.pdf

I've always used cheap headphones in indoor ranges with rifles calibers without any issues and I don't really understand people who feels the need to use more protection. Don't be pussies guys

>lol bro just don’t be a pussy lmao
>bro just go deaf bro
>hearing is for fags haha
Fuck off.

Always wore double earpro and never listened to loud music, had excellent hearing until I had to clear a house with a fuckloud alarm during a home invasion. Why the fuck would an alarm be 200+db? Literally 10 years of taking care of my ears went to shit. Next time I will let those idiots die.

Then the Chinese will make knockoff drugs and I'll grow hair out my ears and be able to hear shit in space.

Then I'll go buy it from Europe or another country with a NHS that basically commits espionage with their price negotiations :>

Use electronic muffs and plugs

Those numbers dont mean what you think they mean.

>The BEST plug AND headphone combo will reduce decibel levels by MAYBE 36
Bullshit. My plugs alone are rated for 30~

You own a gun, jackass. Just steal it

Just to clarify, we're referring to earplugs here, yes?

Decibel scale is logarithmic, wearing a 30dB earmuff with 30dB earplugs doesn't make it 60dB.

I don’t think you understand how decibels work desu

baste

Decibels are like exponential aren’t they

>next time I will let those idiots die

I hope you're no longer in service or employed as a public safety official

Attached: 3de8e1f1dd21d235db40b2592a2a445caf11c85f7ab51ded01dc7bdd7edfd267.jpg (249x250, 4K)

Almost. The decibel scale is logarithmic, using the base-10 common logarithm as it's factor. A change in 3 decibels is a two-fold change in energy. A change in 10 decibels is a 10-fold change in energy.

Attached: DecibelGraph.png (602x675, 116K)

Additionally, 10 decibels is about 2x the perceived volume.

>until I had to clear a house with a fuckloud alarm during a home invasion. Why the fuck would an alarm be 200+db? Literally 10 years of taking care of my ears went to shit.

Out of all the things that never happened, this one happened the least.

Its not

Attached: 1554134014806.png (238x320, 30K)

Google what the fuck the dB scale is.

20dB is 10 times that of 10dB
30db is 100 times "louder."

Any increase of 10 is a magnitude of 10
Any increase of 20 is a magnitude of 100
Any increase of 30 is a magnitude of 1000

It is not a measure of human perception of what is more or less loud sounding and by what degree.

this shit is bs
have you ever shot a gun?
it doesn't sound loud at all when your muffs are on

Those ratings are at the muzzles, and exposure warnings are for sustained db + pressure. When you pull the trigger it's only 150+ db if you have the muzzle in your ear. Don't believe me? Go try it. We'll wait.

>(This post was sponsored by Otorhinolaryngologists international)

Yes it does you dumb fuck, the reason you don't usually get actual 60dB is because of sound/concussion traveling through the body around the earpro, and earpro NRR ratings being largely exaggerated.

I'm by no means knowledgeable on this topic but everything about OP makes me think he has weekly visits with Dr. Dunning-Kruger.

Your post screams "I've never shot a gun and am talking out my ass,". I've had very few problems with the noise at my local range, and I wear Howard Leight pros. The only incident that stands out, with regards to this, was when a guy in the bay next to me brought out an SBR with a muzzle brake.

ITT: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

People have a very difficult time actuarely precieving the loudness of very short sounds.

Even if this isnt entirely true, I still want a can, so its no big deal either way.

i don't fucking get it, Burger lawmakers are placing restriction on suppressors for no valid reason
>gunshots are still loud as fuck with a suppressor
>banning it for looking scary

Attached: pathetic.png (672x787, 979K)

Its noguns logic

I would give you silver if this was on reddit.

>The BEST plug AND headphone combo will reduce decibel levels by MAYBE 36

Attached: 1466292531913.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

Will I also get drugs to regrow my hairline?

Maybe you should fuck off back there

Yeah, and a cure for cancer, diabetes, and diet pills that actually work.

30yo shooting regularly since i was 11 (thanks pops)
Earplugs everytime, no eeeeeeeee to this day. In fact my hearing is too sensitive. I can't sleep when i visit relatives living in suburbia and i can also hear moose and track them as they walk through or around my property just sitting at my desk inside my house.

How about a pill to give me a big cock?

I've got your big cock right here. The future is now.

i embrace EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it means

FR-
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-DOM

if you can't live with it, you're a pussy, and should kill youself like that IT programmer.

Attached: eeeeee.jpg (966x1288, 235K)